Sign in to follow this  
The REF

Now is the time to trade Marc Gasol

3 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Grizz not even listening....

This is why this franchising will go nowhere. 

Perfect time to get a additional lottery pick and we miss the chance.

If they cant get anything from Tyreke at least get from what ppl are willing to give up a pick for.

JR and TT + BKN for Gasol is in the table. I bet it is, but Wallace and company believe we will make the Playoffs with Gasol and MC as main guys... BUT WE WONT.

At age 33,

he should have been traded!!  Period!   He's reached his potential or ceiling!

Marc Gasol Sáez is a Spanish professional basketball player for the Memphis Grizzlies of the National Basketball Association. Wikipedia

Born: January 29, 1985 (age 33), Barcelona, Spain
Height: 7′ 1″

Gasol is the best all around player now playing for the Grizzlies. Unless he ask to be traded, he will be on the Grizz roster next year

I would feel better if Gasol was averaging 22 ppg and 10 reb. He barely cracks 15 ppg and we know about the lack of rebounding. 

2 hours ago, f-dizzle said:

Teams tried to fleece us for Marc. I wish I knew the trade offers for Gasol. 

I believe that when they said they weren't listening to trade offers for Gasol, I don't take it as literally as many on here and in the media do.  I just think they know they aren't going to get any meaningful trade offers.

Knowing that, they sent the message they are sticking with Gasol.  If someone had an awesome offer, they probably would have listened.

Summary:

Bad teams are trying to rebuild through draft, so good lottery picks aren't being offered.

Good teams would offer first round picks, but they are going to be in the 20s.

On 2/10/2018 at 11:56 PM, Grizzled Vet said:

I believe that when they said they weren't listening to trade offers for Gasol, I don't take it as literally as many on here and in the media do.  I just think they know they aren't going to get any meaningful trade offers.

Knowing that, they sent the message they are sticking with Gasol.  If someone had an awesome offer, they probably would have listened.

Summary:

Bad teams are trying to rebuild through draft, so good lottery picks aren't being offered.

Wonder if one of the contenders who manages to not win the title this year makes a solid offer for Marc Gasol on draft night.  He is not a top guy, or maybe even your best 2nd or third option, but he might be the MISSING PIECE for a team like Boston.  Or Cleveland.  Or, maybe even the Warriors if they fail to win the title this season.  I would take Pachulia, Jordan Bell/McCaw, Iggy/Livingston/other bad contract and 30 for Marc Gasol.  IF they retain Javale McGee as their athletic rim running big then then McGee would be an IDEAL backup to Marc Gasol.  Marc can be their "fifth" guy for the next 3 or 4 years -- assuming they keep their Four Horsemen.  In other words, Gasol is a solid fifth Beatle -- and the rest of the roster doesn't really matter (as long as they have a Gumby-esque center off the bench like McGee) and a veteran utility 8th man like Iggy or even Matt Barnes.

I WANT Jordan Bell, as do a lot of other teams.  BUT, if the Warriors don't win a ring, then maybe they try to tweak things.  IF they can get an ideal fifth guy (Marc) and only give up some bad contracts on aging role players (Iggy and Livingston), a pick at 30, and a much-hyped blue collar guy like Jordan Bell then I think they do it.  Grizz should throw in their 2nd rounder this year and a FUTURE 2nd rounder (and cash).  

Jordan Bell would be the only asset of the future for us -- but I like his game.  He has a grit/grind thing about him (but with more athleticism).  We also need to start moving on from Marc Gasol.  

The Warriors improve at the top, and basically go with a 7 man rotation from here on out: Steph, Durant, Klay, Draymond, Marc Gasol, Javale McGee, and Patrick McCaw (if they resign him).  

If we draft Mo Bamba (on a team that also has Deyonta Davis) then we should move Marc for future assets just to get him out of the way and do a full rebuild.  

1 hour ago, The Stro Show said:

Yeah let’s just give them Mike Conley too. He’d be a great backup PG for them. SMH

Yeah, he can take his pick.  Backup Steph in Golden State or Trae Young here.

On 2/10/2018 at 11:56 PM, Grizzled Vet said:

Summary:

Thank you. Spot on, imo.

There's already enough pressure. A team that's listening/shopping a star is usually trying to get rid of problems not create them.

10 hours ago, tangogriz said:

Thank you. Spot on, imo.

There's already enough pressure. A team that's listening/shopping a star is usually trying to get rid of problems not create them.

Can't believe Boston didn't try to throw some good stuff at Gasol.  He would REALLY fit their system, and they really aren't THAT good.  Yeah, they might get to the Finals and even steal a game or two, but would anyone REALLY be shocked if they lost to the Raps or Cavs in the 2nd round (I would actually be shocked if the C's beat EITHER ONE of those teams).  I could ALSO see the Sixers or Bucks giving the Celtics a great first round series.  

Right now, I think I would put money on Cavs-Rockets in the Finals (if I could get a good potential return).  Then why not go with the Cavs to win the whole thing?  This New Look Cavs looks good.  Somewhat like some of those MJ Bulls' title teams.

Would've been impossible for the Celtics to trade for Gasol unless they traded Hayward or Horford. Not a flippin chance they would've done that.

20 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Can't believe Boston didn't try to throw some good stuff at Gasol.  He would REALLY fit their system, and they really aren't THAT good.  Yeah, they might get to the Finals and even steal a game or two, but would anyone REALLY be shocked if they lost to the Raps or Cavs in the 2nd round (I would actually be shocked if the C's beat EITHER ONE of those teams).  I could ALSO see the Sixers or Bucks giving the Celtics a great first round series.  

Right now, I think I would put money on Cavs-Rockets in the Finals (if I could get a good potential return).  Then why not go with the Cavs to win the whole thing?  This New Look Cavs looks good.  Somewhat like some of those MJ Bulls' title teams.

Yeah, but the Celtics are missing Gordon right now. I hope to see some good playoff series in the East, but usually, I don't watch because the teams weren't as good as the West, and you knew that Lebron's team would win the East.  

I wonder if Gordon had been healthy, the Celtics would have put more into this season and traded a first rounder for Tyreke.

If they get beat down by Cleveland again, nobodyis going to believe Gordon Heyward is the answer.  Now that the Lakers picks seems to be a miss and next year's draft is very top heavy (like top 3-4), they are going to look back on the last 2 seasons as wasted opportunity.

Eventually, just like with grit and grind, fans realize that all the "potential" for improvement is gone and you are simply just a pretty good team waiting for the decline to hit but no real threat to win a championship.

3 hours ago, MemphisX said:

If they get beat down by Cleveland again, nobodyis going to believe Gordon Heyward is the answer.  Now that the Lakers picks seems to be a miss and next year's draft is very top heavy (like top 3-4), they are going to look back on the last 2 seasons as wasted opportunity.

Eventually, just like with grit and grind, fans realize that all the "potential" for improvement is gone and you are simply just a pretty good team waiting for the decline to hit but no real threat to win a championship.

Lol but Tatum and Brown are gone be real good. And they still have the Grizzlies pick.

They are a high level big away. But they will have a rather lengthy window.

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

Lol but Tatum and Brown are gone be real good. And they still have the Grizzlies pick.

Horford isn't high level?

2 hours ago, Dwash said:

Their cap situation is not much better than the Grizzlies, so their big addition will be Hayward, which is a big deal. 

I don't fault them for not giving up a future 1st rounder for Tyreke, but because of the 2 in 2018 and likely 2 in 2019, they are going to have to make some serious decisions on their roster situation as they likely won't be able to keep all those picks anyways, unless they want to go in to luxury tax territory. It will be interesting to see what they decide to do on Marcus Smart (RFA).  If they resign him, that puts them at 12 players on contract.  They will draft 2 in first, and 2 in 2nd, or sell 1 of the picks.  That puts them at 15-16, and that's before adding other Free Agents or signing their own UFA.

4 hours ago, Dwash said:

You act like a “high level big” is just gonna drop from the heavens. Yes, Tatum and Brown are going to be good. Are they going to be better than Wall/Beale, Lowry/Derozan, Lillard/McCollum, etc. plenty of good duos that never became contenders and by the time they are ready, Kyrie will be entering Mike Conley mode and Horford will be in ZBo mode.

8 hours ago, MemphisX said:

You act like a “high level big” is just gonna drop from the heavens. Yes, Tatum and Brown are going to be good. Are they going to be better than Wall/Beale, Lowry/Derozan, Lillard/McCollum, etc. plenty of good duos that never became contenders and by the time they are ready, Kyrie will be entering Mike Conley mode and Horford will be in ZBo mode.

Whoa KBM lets pump the breaks a bit. I can see the Horford/Zbo comparison (though I think Horfords game will be less painful to watch as he gets older cause he isnt trying to score on people as much), but Kyrie is 25 and has a skill set that you and me both know is better than Conley could ever dream of. He isnt relying on great athleticism. He will last until his early 30's much like Tony Parker or CP3.

For 5/6 years that foursome should be one of the best, if not the best, 1-4 in the East.

As for the big, they will need to restack some flexible contracts (eg, pay Marcus Smart/Marcus Morris) in order to have some movable parts with their two great picks left. Someone will likely come up in the next year or two, probably even their dream big AD.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:39 AM, Dwash said:

Whoa KBM lets pump the breaks a bit. I can see the Horford/Zbo comparison (though I think Horfords game will be less painful to watch as he gets older cause he isnt trying to score on people as much), but Kyrie is 25 and has a skill set that you and me both know is better than Conley could ever dream of. He isnt relying on great athleticism. He will last until his early 30's much like Tony Parker or CP3.

For 5/6 years that foursome should be one of the best, if not the best, 1-4 in the East.

As for the big, they will need to restack some flexible contracts (eg, pay Marcus Smart/Marcus Morris) in order to have some movable parts with their two great picks left. Someone will likely come up in the next year or two, probably even their dream big AD.

Once Horford loses his lateral quickness, he is done.  Heck, Tristan Thompson destroyed him last year on the boards.  I am not sure why people forget that fact. Regardless of what they have on the perimeter, if they don't get an All Star level big to replace Horford...meh.  And then the extensions will start kicking in...

So far Boston has benefitted from flipping the roster, so Brad Stevens has not had to deal with players going tone deaf on him.  But that is coming also.