Kevin B Moses

Could the grizzlies land Kevin Love? And if so, would we want to?

10 minutes ago, guillermo said:

apples and oranges situation. Love is getting his stats as second/third fiddle.  We run our entire offense through Marc and we are losing- empty stats style.

If we had Love instead of Marc Love would probably average 25/12 like he did in Minny 

Actually we've been running more of our offense through Tyreke.  When Marc is on the floor without Tyreke, with all these injuries, just who do you propose to run the offense through?

1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

Actually we've been running more of our offense through Tyreke.  When Marc is on the floor without Tyreke, with all these injuries, just who do you propose to run the offense through?

I don't know you're getting carried away all I said was Love would be our best scorer and rebounder. And he would be.

12 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

That cuts both ways. Love gets open 3s and easy looks because Lebron is drawing all the other teams attention. Teams would be swarming him here.

He proved he could score 25/12 on a bad team. We have no one capable of that. 

6 minutes ago, guillermo said:

Love is a good player and he'd be great on this team, but acting as if he's better than Mike and marc is stupid. He also scored over 26 points twice in his career. I also think Rabb is a better rebounder than him.

Love would be our zbo. 

1 minute ago, guillermo said:

I don't know you're getting carried away all I said was Love would be our best scorer and rebounder. And he would be.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but it wouldn't be by much.

2 minutes ago, guillermo said:

He did that while taking 18-19 shots per game while shooting 44%.  Marc's career percentage is almost 49%(though this season he is down in Kevin Love territory).  I would guess that Marc could do it if they demanded him to shoot that many shots maybe.  It doesn't really matter, I guess I'm just not all that impressed with Love.

Man, if you can get the Nets 1 and Love for Gasol and Reke you do it all day. A lottery pick and an all-star for a declining vet and lame duck? Oh my.

12 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The cavs want to win this year and blow it up next year. Marc only satisfies one of those. The cavs aren't looking for long term contracts, they are looking to tank after next season when LeBron is gone, and they certainly have no interest in Kevin Love. The deal I proposed meets both demands. Win this year, blow it up next year.

Marc isn't going to get traded, and even if he was, the cavs aren't buyers.

While I agree with you in regard to the Cavs goals, I think that would accomplish them. Gasol allows them to compete this year and they could move him next. The cost of swapping picks allows them to still have a lotto pick next year. Your proposal clears the deck for next year, but makes them significantly less talented this year. And do they need the decks cleared for next year? I don't think they do. If Lebron is leaving, no one is signing. They will need a few years to built up their young players again.

On 1/31/2018 at 9:00 PM, El Guapo said:

Plastic points?

---RIP Weinberger 

ha!

love it.

rip indeed. alright man...good call..

slim.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

This went over my head. Who?  What?  Google didn't help either.

Sorry. Just a reference to Jeff Weinberger (local sports radio host) who used to call Pau Gasol's points "plastic points". I threw it out there as a joke/reminder to the few who remember him. 

He was an entertaining sports personality who knew how to push listeners buttons. Very argumentative, but usually with valid points. 

http://archive.commercialappeal.com/sports/Longtime-sports-talk-show-host-Weinberger-dies-385721681.html/

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

This went over my head. Who?  What?  Google didn't help either.

Local radio guy Jeff Weinburger.

On 1/31/2018 at 9:57 PM, Back2Grizzness said:

Man, if you can get the Nets 1 and Love for Gasol and Reke you do it all day. A lottery pick and an all-star for a declining vet and lame duck? Oh my.

I don't believe either team will be willing to do that deal.

The Cavs treasure that Nets pick as insurance when LeBron fleeces them over again, and the Grizzlies aren't going to part with Gasol, who is the best player in that group. (And yes, I would be very happy if LeBron would come to Memphis, spend a few years here, and fleece over the team I was cheering for)

no thanks.  "damaged goods." and too expensive.  its time to focus on rebuilding through the draft.  we got two more years of Parsons.  at that time the f/o has to be extremely careful before throwing a big wad of cash to an often injured F/A.

10 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I don't believe either team will be willing to do that deal.

The Cavs treasure that Nets pick as insurance when LeBron fleeces them over again, and the Grizzlies aren't going to part with Gasol, who is the best player in that group. (And yes, I would be very happy if LeBron would come to Memphis, spend a few years here, and fleece over the team I was cheering for)

You’re probably right, BUT both teams SHOULD do the deal. CLE needs it as this is likely their last shot at a title and they need a player like Gasol and Reke would be a bonus. Love is hurt and they’re doomed if they don’t do something big. The Nets pick doesn’t get them a championship when LeBron leaves, and he’s gone if they aren’t a contender.

We should do it because we get a similar caliber player that’s 4 years younger plus more losses as we wait for Love to recover. This could be the best draft since 09 at the top and we would have 2 lottery shots. 

Instead, the Cavs will be so afraid of losing LeBron that they won’t trade the Nets pick which will in turn ensure they lose him. We won’t trade a declining center that still has value because we are holding out hope that we can limp into the playoffs next year. Bleh....Vote for me as GM. Thank you

Can he hit 3s for us?