Thomas

2018 trade deadline thread

GET THAT BKN PICK!!!

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7d3uklp

We need to get real, we wont make the Playoffs any time soon, Clippers did the right thing, we must do it also; this trade give Cavs a chance this year, clear their cap going forward and put pressure on Lebron to stay.

MC/Harrison/Chalmers

Selden/JR/Mclemore

Brooks/Shumpert/Parsons

Jam/Rabb/Martin

TT/DD

Draft the best players available.

6 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Or T' Wolves. Reunite with Thibs.

yea i would keep an eye on T"Wolves and OKC.   They need a defensive first guy. 

6 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

GET THAT BKN PICK!!!

We need to get real, we wont make the Playoffs any time soon, Clippers did the right thing, we must do it also; this trade give Cavs a chance this year, clear their cap going forward and put pressure on Lebron to stay.

MC/Harrison/Chalmers

Selden/JR/Mclemore

Brooks/Shumpert/Parsons

Jam/Rabb/Martin

TT/DD

Exactly what I am hoping for. Trade Marc and Reke to Cleveland for the Brooklyn's pick. I want their own pick too but this may be asking for too much. The structure of the deal is to get the Brooklyn's pick, get either Thompson or even Love and whoever to match salaries. 

15 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

GET THAT BKN PICK!!!

MC/Harrison/Chalmers

Selden/JR/Mclemore

Brooks/Shumpert/Parsons

Jam/Rabb/Martin

TT/DD

I think that is too many dead salaries for my liking. I'd be more interested in something like Marc and Tyreke for Love and Osman plus the ability to pick swap with the Brooklyn pick. It gives us a better chance at a high pick and better player (next year) in Love. It makes Cleveland better now and allows them to keep a lottery pick for next year.

15 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

GET THAT BKN PICK!!!

MC/Harrison/Chalmers

Selden/JR/Mclemore

Brooks/Shumpert/Parsons

Jam/Rabb/Martin

TT/DD

0% chance the Cavs take 4 of our players lol

1 hour ago, They Call Me Mr. Klondike said:

Am I the only wondering if the Grizz are bluffing and trying to negotiate through the media?

Yes... I think they are negotiating through media. I believe they have offers, but the offers aren't as good as it has been made to sound.

I think one of the sticking points is what the grizzlies see willing to take back.

If a playoff team is willing to give up on a young player with years remaking on a contract and a first round pick, I don't want that player.

Everyone talking about the tyreke trade but what about Wright and Ennis who are also expiring and need to be off loaded somewhere????

Tyreke to Philly deal

Tyreke for Luwawu and Richaun Holmes and two of Philly's 4 second round picks 

7 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Yes... I think they are negotiating through media. I believe they have offers, but the offers aren't as good as it has been made to sound.

I think one of the sticking points is what the grizzlies see willing to take back.

If a playoff team is willing to give up on a young player with years remaking on a contract and a first round pick, I don't want that player.

My fear is that this FO isn't known as being the best negotiators so it may not work. Maybe my memory is slipping me, but when is the last time a team sat a player in anticipation of a trade when a trade was not imminent or about to be transacted? it's like they are sitting him saying "well, we're going to trade him for sure because we have all of these great offers so all you other teams better hop into this and put your bid in or you may miss out". Sounds like they are selling woof tickets to me and they are hoping some team bites. 

The trade deadline is less than a week away. Are we going to sit him all the way up to next Thursday so potentially two weeks of him sitting and no trade is imminent? Just seems strange and like they are bluffing to raise the price. 

I wonder what team is finally going to give us that first?

If there is a FO that can F up an easy Tyreke trade it be this one.....unless it's a future 1st preferably 2020 the bottom of this draft looks trash and the whole 2018 draft looks trash

The New Orleans Pelicans are finalizing a 10-day contract with forward Terrence Jones, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Terrence Jones has been averaging 17.5 pts, 7 rebs and 3.8 asts while playing for the @GLeagueWarriors this season while shooting 53.5% from the field.

The Rockets selected Jones with the 18th overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft. Over 76 games (71 starts) during the 2013-14 season, Jones averaged 12.1 points and 6.9 rebounds, while shooting over 54 percent from the field.

Not sure why he fell so out of favour, but I wish we had have taken a punt on him.

We could still keep Jarell as backup, and try to move Green, who has reached his ceiling.

7 hours ago, They Call Me Mr. Klondike said:

Am I the only wondering if the Grizz are bluffing and trying to negotiate through the media?

Nah, you use the media to distract. 

Of course if someone writes "Lots of demand for Tyreke" you promote it. 

If you're REALLY good you create that story.  Just leak out "a source close to Wallace said he heard ..."

There's always a Stephen Smith who wil pick it up and take it national. 

Gives you a slight edge when the real talks start -- unless you're dealing with another pro negotiator who knows all the tricks.

58 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Greg Monroe to Celtics one year $5mil deal

Celtics just made a good move. Needed bench help.

3 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

The New Orleans Pelicans are finalizing a 10-day contract with forward Terrence Jones, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Terrence Jones has been averaging 17.5 pts, 7 rebs and 3.8 asts while playing for the @GLeagueWarriors this season while shooting 53.5% from the field.

The Rockets selected Jones with the 18th overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft. Over 76 games (71 starts) during the 2013-14 season, Jones averaged 12.1 points and 6.9 rebounds, while shooting over 54 percent from the field.

Not sure why he fell so out of favour, but I wish we had have taken a punt on him.

We could still keep Jarell as backup, and try to move Green, who has reached his ceiling.

Shams Charania: Sources: New Orleans has changed course on deal with Terrence Jones and won’t complete it, and will leave roster spots open for now.

21 hours ago, They Call Me Mr. Klondike said:

My fear is that this FO isn't known as being the best negotiators so it may not work. Maybe my memory is slipping me, but when is the last time a team sat a player in anticipation of a trade when a trade was not imminent or about to be transacted? it's like they are sitting him saying "well, we're going to trade him for sure because we have all of these great offers so all you other teams better hop into this and put your bid in or you may miss out". Sounds like they are selling woof tickets to me and they are hoping some team bites. 

The trade deadline is less than a week away. Are we going to sit him all the way up to next Thursday so potentially two weeks of him sitting and no trade is imminent? Just seems strange and like they are bluffing to raise the price. 

Even if all that is true, the Grizzlies sitting Tyreke is still better for the draft this summer.

I would rather sit Tyreke all remainder of season then take back a bum contract along with a late first round pick or a 2nd.

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/report-celtics-still-pursuing-lou-williams-tyreke-evans/

"

Memphis has been asking for a first-round pick for Evans, but the Celts haven’t yet been willing to go there. Denver has reportedly offered Emmanuel Mudiay and a second-round pick, and while the C’s could propose something similar, the second -round pick (or picks) they could send would not be very high.

"

5 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/report-celtics-still-pursuing-lou-williams-tyreke-evans/

"

Memphis has been asking for a first-round pick for Evans, but the Celts haven’t yet been willing to go there. Denver has reportedly offered Emmanuel Mudiay and a second-round pick, and while the C’s could propose something similar, the second -round pick (or picks) they could send would not be very high.

"

I'd rather take a flier on Mudiay than continue banging head against the wall with Mclemore.