Thomas

2018 trade deadline thread

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, WVgrizz said:

Any ideas on who? Prob the 76ers? 

Quote

Teams chasing the playoffs in the East (Milwaukee, Philadelphia and Boston) and the West (Denver and New Orleans) are among those expressing interest in acquiring Evans, league sources said.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

You’d rather waive him than get a second round pick? 

Yep, we suck at picking players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

You’d rather waive him than get a second round pick? 

I know right? our starting lineup has 3 second rounders an undrafted and a first tounder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, They Call Me Mr. Klondike said:

Yep, we suck at picking players. 

Wallace wont be around to squander anymore picks, he did allright with Brooks and the other pick last year

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ace-is-high said:

I know right? our starting lineup has 3 second rounders an undrafted and a first tounder

And what is that doing for us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ace-is-high said:

Wallace wont be around to squander anymore picks, he did allright with Brooks and the other pick last year

 

Brooks was selected by Houston and then traded to Memphis. I have no problem with that, that's the same way we got Rudy Gay. I don't like us selecting players period but definitely not in the 2nd round. Who was the other guy? Ivan Rabb? He was drafted by Orlando and then traded, once again, fine with that. It's when we select players where I have zero faith we will get anyone who will contribute. 

Why do you say Wallace won't be around?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WVgrizz said:

I hope we move Wright as well with Tyreke. 

ITA. I forgot to mention that. 1st round pick and Wright (hopefully don't take any salary back)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They really, reeeeally need to be telling Tyreke they want to resign him. Communication is key. "Go play in Toronto for a couple of months for a shot at the championship n come back in July to work out a deal"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cdp said:

They really, reeeeally need to be telling Tyreke they want to resign him. Communication is key. "Go play in Toronto for a couple of months for a shot at the championship n come back in July to work out a deal"

We don’t have the $$$....now if we clear Gasol to CLE for the Nets 1 and TThompson, trade Reke for a first, then resign Reke in the offseason, we clear cap space and get 3 1st rounders with 2 in the lottery for Gasol essentially. 

Would you trade Gasol for 2 first rounders, one in the lottery?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Thomas said:

 

Really wish we could get  the Nets 1 and Love for Gasol and Reke. CLE has to be desperate in what may be LeBron’s last year. They may not have another shot at a title for decades. They’d have to do it with Love out. 

Meanwhile, we get a younger max player in Love vs Gasol, another lottery pick, and sit Love as he’s injured meaning more chances at a top 5 pick.

Next year, we have Conley and Love to build through

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Thomas said:

 

 

Like I've said all along and everybody was laughing at me, Tyreke will get a 1st round pick. But everybody wants to play doomsday.

Also, thank Wallace for getting up a 1st round pick for basically nothing. Thank him for bringing in Rabb, Selden, Brooks and Davis, all of which look like players in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Thomas said:

image.png.0dc6699f75a3148d164558e7e6ebd031.png

Please please please

 

This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. You're taking 2 bums and giving away your 2 best trade assets for a first round pick. And the 2 bums have enormous contracts with multiple years left.

 

Cleveland in the offseason might consider giving away a 1st rounder to dump Thompson by himself.

The whole world isn't based on 1 pick.

 

The Nets will probably end up with the 8th or 9th pick anyway since they have no reason to tank. Congratulations, you traded the world to select 9th in a 6 player draft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WVgrizz said:

I hope we move Wright as well with Tyreke. 

 

1 hour ago, They Call Me Mr. Klondike said:

Throw in McLemore while you're at it.

JaM doing a TA getting mysteriously injured/sick before the deadline. I'd be happy to move off him, without taking salary, and go after Randle in FA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

 

Like I've said all along and everybody was laughing at me, Tyreke will get a 1st round pick. But everybody wants to play doomsday.

Also, thank Wallace for getting up a 1st round pick for basically nothing. Thank him for bringing in Rabb, Selden, Brooks and Davis, all of which look like players in the league.

I have to believe somebody else wanted him to pick Brooks. Hollinger if I had to guess. Rabb is his pick. Selden we just kicked the tires on several G leaguers and he was ok. Davis is probably his pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

 

This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. You're taking 2 bums and giving away your 2 best trade assets for a first round pick. And the 2 bums have enormous contracts with multiple years left.

 

Cleveland in the offseason might consider giving away a 1st rounder to dump Thompson by himself.

The whole world isn't based on 1 pick.

 

The Nets will probably end up with the 8th or 9th pick anyway since they have no reason to tank. Congratulations, you traded the world to select 9th in a 6 player draft

Agreed.

I'm trying to tone it down, but anyone proposing giving up Marc for CLE trash, especially Shumpert who wont be in the NBA much longer, is either completely brain dead or is just a Grizz hating troller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

I have to believe somebody else wanted him to pick Brooks. Hollinger if I had to guess. Rabb is his pick. Selden we just kicked the tires on several G leaguers and he was ok. Davis is probably his pick

What is your reasoning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

What is your reasoning?

Brooks was an ultra efficient do everything college senior. His advanced metrics were good. Pac-10 player of the year but a senior. It seems like somebody an analytics guy would say is undervalued.

 

Wallace, IMO, drifts towards highly ranked high schoolers that underperformed with our picks (which would be Davis and Rabb, in previous years Xavier Henry and Tony Wroten, Wade Baldwin also I guess). Wallace likes younger players

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

 

This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. You're taking 2 bums and giving away your 2 best trade assets for a first round pick. And the 2 bums have enormous contracts with multiple years left.

 

Cleveland in the offseason might consider giving away a 1st rounder to dump Thompson by himself.

The whole world isn't based on 1 pick.

 

The Nets will probably end up with the 8th or 9th pick anyway since they have no reason to tank. Congratulations, you traded the world to select 9th in a 6 player draft

We aren't winning **** for the next five years at least. Gasol is 33 and losing value by the minute in a league that is moving away from players of his type. Why hang onto him? Thompson and Shumpert are trash but they'd help us stay above the salary floor while rebuild.

Your line of thinking is how you become a habitual bottom dweller. Picking up as many assets as possible when it's clear the run is over is how you have a quick, less painful rebuild.

Granted the odds of this deal are very low but don't act like it's a ridiculous proposal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Agreed.

I'm trying to tone it down, but anyone proposing giving up Marc for CLE trash, especially Shumpert who wont be in the NBA much longer, is either completely brain dead or is just a Grizz hating troller

The proposal includes the Brooklyn Nets 1st round pick coming back to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now