Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

Coaching search: How about Tony Bennett?

On 1/27/2018 at 7:14 PM, smit-tay griz said:

I didn't know he knew basketball.

tben.jpg

Yeah, this was the joke I was going for in my Anything Goes/Left my  Heart in San Francisco/ Rags to Riches joke.

I realized before hitting submit that it wasn't that funny, nor would most people catch it, but I had already committed to typing that much, and sometimes it is easier to hit Submit, then delete.  I learned that from KBM.

this roster sucks to lure tony bennett out of college

I was just reading an article on The Ringer. There is speculation that Mike Budenholzer may want out of Atlanta now that he has lost his front office power. I'd wait until the offseason to see if he is available. If he is, that would be my play. What he did with Atlanta a few years ago was amazing. 

9 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I sorta agree with you here.   I think JB is a competent enough coach to be handed the reigns.  I also don't think any highly sought-after coach would be interested in our circus anyway. 

He ain't Iavaroni.  (thank God)

33 minutes ago, MEM GRYZ said:

LIONEL HOLLINS, Grizzlies' most successful coach

Coach! Welcome back!

3 hours ago, They Call Me Mr. Klondike said:

3 Bitcoin to anybody who tells me who this is within the next 5 minutes:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSP_u4IxL30BHj5D5cIBfZ

Hey there Mr. Kotter! Welcome back. 

8 hours ago, They Call Me Mr. Klondike said:

3 Bitcoin to anybody who tells me who this is within the next 5 minutes:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSP_u4IxL30BHj5D5cIBfZ

Sunshine Patrol?

4 minutes ago, gentlemanquartely said:

The only coach to rebuild our culture and build this team for the future is Mark Jackson.  Pera should reach out to him immediately.

Nah.

12 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Hey there Mr. Kotter! Welcome back. 

Man, you only missed getting my 3 Bitcoin by 2 hour and 55 minutes. Oh well, guess I'll hold onto it. :D

10 hours ago, They Call Me Mr. Klondike said:

Man, you only missed getting my 3 Bitcoin by 2 hour and 55 minutes. Oh well, guess I'll hold onto it. :D

I wasn't awake when you posted that!!!

Bennett is an elite coach no doubt. I worry though that they are just going to make JB the full-time head coach without conducting a real search. It would be the Wallace Way. But if god willing we finally get rid of Wallace the new regime will want to hand pick their own guy.

Heard the ownership situation will probably be resolved at the end of the season. Should be a really interesting April.

On 2/18/2018 at 7:47 PM, Thomas said:

Bennett is an elite coach no doubt. I worry though that they are just going to make JB the full-time head coach without conducting a real search. It would be the Wallace Way. But if god willing we finally get rid of Wallace the new regime will want to hand pick their own guy.

Heard the ownership situation will probably be resolved at the end of the season. Should be a really interesting April.

Here's what espn says:

Virginia Cavaliers
Doesn't matter if you think Virginia basketball is sexy or if you doubt the postseason effectiveness of the Cavs' efficient brand of basketball. Tony Bennett's program has held eight top-50 opponents on KenPom.com under 60 points this season. A Virginia team that has manufactured one of the greatest defensive efforts in modern college basketball history could win the school's first national title.

Why would a successful established coach want to coach here after the way we've handled Hubie, Hollins, Joeger and Fiz?

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:31 PM, smit-tay griz said:

Nah.

mark Jackson to me would be a great person for the job. the warriors player loved him.

TB would only coach in the right spot.

21 hours ago, Allen said:

Why would a successful established coach want to coach here after the way we've handled Hubie, Hollins, Joeger and Fiz?

Because there are only 30 head coaching jobs in the NBA and you never know what the future holds.

On 1/29/2018 at 8:11 PM, MEM GRYZ said:

LIONEL HOLLINS, Grizzlies' most successful coach

YES!