Sign in to follow this  
The Stro Show

NOLA @ Memphis 1/10/18

5 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

What are you referring to specifically?

His lineups

They are terrible

5 minutes ago, TimBC said:

Depends what his orders from the FO are. 

If they wanted to tank, I understand going with Chalmers, Harrison etc, and giving them the shooting assignments.

But I really think they dont want to tank so I can't explain it.

Add to that, Bickerstaff in the Commercial Appeal saying McLemore is getting DNPs because they wanna go with the young guys, and there is a queue at that position, but then he goes with Chalmers and Harrison meanwhile Selden sees hardly any time, Simmons and McLemore are DNP.

Go figure....

3 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Now we just need Wells' cheers post

Son, that was Wells' Grandpa what useta do that, back when we last won one, I think it was nineteen and ought-six, warn't it? 

1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

Grizzlies win and yours is the first post of page 2.  Is this forum dying?

its sad isn't it? :(

Well at least I'm not a bandwagon fan....yet  :P

28 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Grizzlies win and yours is the first post of page 2.  Is this forum dying?

Yes. !4,000 announced attendance. Local fan base also dying.

somebody needs to tell Bickerstaff to play Kobi, Davis, Selden more.

Nothing worse in a tanking season than riding vets that eke out wins. 

20 minutes ago, scooter said:

Can you blame them? Very little to root for.  A bad team with no chemistry and no fight, missing best player,  last seed, interim coach.

Meh.

36 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

Can you blame them? Very little to root for.  A bad team with no chemistry and no fight, missing best player,  last seed, interim coach.

Meh.

Radio hosts telling people to root for losses, same with the print media, throw in a rainy cold week night game against a team with a losing record. Lots of things contributing to a small crowd. 

I missed my first game of the season fighting this **** cold that is going around. I can't remember the last time I missed a game I had tickets to go to. 

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I missed my first game of the season fighting this **** cold that is going around. I can't remember the last time I missed a game I had tickets to go to. 

i had a cold/flu for the past two weeks 

back to the game . i will not be surprise if new orleans fires there coach at the end of these season. good fit for new orleans L HOLLINS

6 hours ago, lions said:

i.m feel i,m 85 percent 

LOL. Better get well before C.W. offers you a contract. Grizzlies can't afford to get into the luxury tax.

8 hours ago, lions said:

i had a cold/flu for the past two weeks 

If you were a player, the entire board would say, "hah! What a sissy! A Real Man plays through illness!"    

4 hours ago, TimBC said:

If you were a player, the entire board would say, "hah! What a sissy! A Real Man plays through illness!"    

i never miss a day of work

On 1/10/2018 at 9:47 PM, scooter said:

the weather definitely played a part ... they were showing projected school closings for tomorrow... something about a snowflake or two ... :ph34r:

9 hours ago, lions said:

i never miss a day of work

Same here. I worked thru the illness but stopped All extracurricular events. Heck, I’m at the office today!

TAKE THE FLU SERIOUSLY.  I know people younger than at least one of the posters who has died from the flu. Yesterday, I spoke with a person who works in the emergency room at one of the hospitals in Jonesboro, and he also spoke of the deaths of "young, healthy, people" because of the flu.  Don't self-medicate; see an MD.

21 minutes ago, Paladin said:

TAKE THE FLU SERIOUSLY.  I know people younger than at least one of the posters who has died from the flu. Yesterday, I spoke with a person who works in the emergency room at one of the hospitals in Jonesboro, and he also spoke of the deaths of "young, healthy, people" because of the flu.  Don't self-medicate; see an MD.

There's a huge cultural problem with people calling common colds "the flu." It has created this image of the flu as a benign disease that in the end is just a nuisance. Actual influenza is a very serious disease that at the very least needs to be managed so it doesn't lead to life threatening situations. It's usually a bigger threat to infants and the elderly, but every so often there are seasonal strains that affect young, healthy people the most.

And that's not even getting to pandemic strains like the 1918 flu, which is the stuff of nightmares.

57 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

There's a huge cultural problem with people calling common colds "the flu." It has created this image of the flu as a benign disease that in the end is just a nuisance. Actual influenza is a very serious disease that at the very least needs to be managed so it doesn't lead to life threatening situations. It's usually a bigger threat to infants and the elderly, but every so often there are seasonal strains that affect young, healthy people the most.

And that's not even getting to pandemic strains like the 1918 flu, which is the stuff of nightmares.

This is truth here.  I don't know how  often I have heard people say they had "the flu" when what they most likely had were flu-like symptoms from a common cold.  It is a much more dangerous disease than most people realize.  The 1918-1919 outbreak is estimated to have killed between 20 million to 50 million people worldwide.  Nothing to take lightly.