I suspect he has a serious case of tankitis of the knee (a similar condition affects Conley's achilles), and if so I wouldn't expect a lot of information from the FO.

7 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

I suspect he has a serious case of tankitis of the knee (a similar condition affects Conley's achilles), and if so I wouldn't expect a lot of information from the FO.

I hear tankitis is contagious.

38 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

If you're wanting the Grizz to tank, what's the big deal? Let him sit out the remainder of the year and hopefully next year he will be completely healed..

He will never be completely healed. It's not like he was helping us that much either. It's the fact that that big fat $23 mil per year. He's a top 25 paid player and is probably the least productive out of all 25. Tyreke is putting up the numbers we hoped Parsons would, the only problem is Cinley is out as well. His salary is killing us. Just as Hubie Brown said, what other team has $50 mil in salary sitting on the bench and not playing other than the Grizz, that will hurt a team.

7 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I hear tankitis is contagious.

I suspect Marc will be playing through his tankitis until the trade deadline, but this condition tends to get way worse in March and April.

4 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

I suspect Marc will be playing through his tankitis until the trade deadline, but this condition tends to get way worse in March and April.

which really ticks me off.   There is NO reason for him not to sit out some games for simple healing purposes.  Why are we playing him thru all these nagging injuries when NOTHING is on the line.  All we are doing is insuring he will dip in production even more next season.   If FO is hellbent on keeping him then they need to start preserving him for the future.     It isn't like his play is resulting in wins.      Seems like the Coaching staff is afraid to tell Gasol anything.    Marc really is running this show. 

5 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

which really ticks me off.   There is NO reason for him not to sit out some games for simple healing purposes.  Why are we playing him thru all these nagging injuries when NOTHING is on the line.  All we are doing is insuring he will dip in production even more next season.   If FO is hellbent on keeping him then they need to start preserving him for the future.     It isn't like his play is resulting in wins.      Seems like the Coaching staff is afraid to tell Gasol anything.    Marc really is running this show. 

There is another possible reason for this. We will know for sure if his playing time goes down after the deadline.

3 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

There is another possible reason for this. We will know for sure if his playing time goes down after the deadline.

showcasing him?  That still wouldn't prevent them from resting him a couple of games at least.   He has sat out literally 0 and everyone knows he is dealing with nagging injuries.  which IMHO damages his trade value.   I think they aren't sitting him because they are still pretending like they want to win to satiate him.  which is ridiculous. 

I'm all in agreement that CP isn't living up to the contract but.... he actually has been effective this year in limited minutes.  He has looked better than I dared to hope for having seen last season. If we need to shut him down - do it. Get our mess of a roster sorted add a high draft pick and go for it next year 

Have to envy Wallace's grocer. Probably sells him spoiled milk for $100 a gallon by telling him it was great stuff a few months ago.

There was a big thread since last year and going into preseason,  some were saying parsons was much better and would help the grizz this year.   I never saw it.   He still looked like an anchor to the team to me.

Parsons actually was being a decent backup until he wanted his starting spot again and more minutes.  I didn't agree with it, but he got it.   The lesson should have been learned last year.   Five games later, he is hurt again.  Who couldn't see that coming?  He should have remained a bench player on very limited minutes.   Seriously, the decisions being made with this team over the last two years have been very questionable.

Parsons should never start for us again unless he does a real turnaround in his health and game.  All that grizzly media hype in september and october about how healthy he was sounds like a large pile of bs now.   I'm glad i never bought into it.   It's not like they haven't lied about stuff in the past.

I gave up on this season weeks ago.  We just need to tank.  Sit parsons and gasol and keep mike out for the rest of the year and let the young guys get minutes.  Try to develop some of them going into next year.   I'd still look to shake up the roster no matter what.   This nucleus will never do it.  The only hope is getting a lottery player better than mike and marc.  Even then, that player may need a year or two to fully understand the nba game, and by then mike and marc are the old farts still collecting half of the team payroll.  I highly suggest we do  a complete overhaul.

At this point, it is a big deal still, he's going to forget how to even play the game.. It's looking career ending bad whatever he has because he simply never plays.

3 hours ago, Memfizz said:

At this point, it is a big deal still, he's going to forget how to even play the game.. It's looking career ending bad whatever he has because he simply never plays.

His career ended some time ago, just that the Grizzlies were the last to know.

There are probably 100 guys in the league that can give us what Chandler has.

He looked a bit better this year...was actually effective in spurts.  But..not even ballpark value for the contract.  I wonder if he gets medically disqualified can we get some amnesty or relief from the contract.  I think I read something about that a while back but cant remember the details.

Next season is the comeback season, and then he plays for his next contract the following season. It's all uphill with CP from here!

The grizzlies should sit is a--- down and do a buy-out .if he refuses to do a buy out sit him for the next two season.

16 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Next season is the comeback season, and then he plays for his next contract the following season. It's all uphill with CP from here!

I like the positive thinking but no.

His knees are done. Best case scenario is we can trade his expiring contract in 2019-20

2 minutes ago, Allen said:

I like the positive thinking but no.

His knees are done. Best case scenario is we can trade his expiring contract in 2019-20

Yep. 

chris wallace  should be held accountable for that move

This is the worst contract we have on the books right?

3 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Unless someone traded his soul to the devil for cash considerations, yes, it is.

10 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

I first thought "did this guy just wake up from a coma", but it is conceivable that Wallace could make a deal that's worse than the Parson signing.