Sign in to follow this  
GF#1

Washington @ Memphis 1/5/2018

1 hour ago, cdp said:

Gasol has NEVER put up 20+ points a night consistently. So suddenly at 33 years old some of ya'll expect him to, like somehow your expectations supercede his capabilities. Some of ya'll need a reality check.

We're in last place though. Shouldn't he at the least be trying to if he is your best player?  

4 hours ago, cdp said:

Gasol has NEVER put up 20+ points a night consistently. So suddenly at 33 years old some of ya'll expect him to, like somehow your expectations supercede his capabilities. Some of ya'll need a reality check.

Then why does this franchise fire coaches for him and pronounce him as a cornerstone?

4 hours ago, Memfizz said:

We're in last place though. Shouldn't he at the least be trying to if he is your best player?  

I think he's more into trying to make winning plays over filling the stat sheets. How's puttin up huge numbers workin out for Cousins in Sacramento? Love in Minnesota?

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Then why does this franchise fire coaches for him and pronounce him as a cornerstone?

Because he is? He's been a significant part of this teams most successful run, the franchise all-star leader, the franchise leader in points, I could go on. He's done more for the Grizzlies than any of those coaches he "got fired" combined. That's why.

The Grizzlies aren't the Lakers or Celtics, we have more losing seasons than winning and we've never had historic once in a lifetime players. Gasol doesn't have to play like Shaq to be considered one of the greatest Grizz players of all time.

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Also, this.

23 minutes ago, cdp said:

I think he's more into trying to make winning plays over filling the stat sheets. How's puttin up huge numbers workin out for Cousins in Sacramento? Love in Minnesota?

Because he is? He's been a significant part of this teams most successful run, the franchise all-star leader, the franchise leader in points, I could go on. He's done more for the Grizzlies than any of those coaches he "got fired" combined. That's why.

The Grizzlies aren't the Lakers or Celtics, we have more losing seasons than winning and we've never had historic once in a lifetime players. Gasol doesn't have to play like Shaq to be considered one of the greatest Grizz players of all time.

Greatest no; one of the best yes

13 minutes ago, cdp said:

Done more for the franchise? So if we draft Ayton or Bagley and Gasol doesnt like them at the end of the year, should they be moved too because of what Gasol has done for the franchise and they havent done anything in their one year?

You dont make future decisions based on someones past. You fire a coach and make roster changes for a player that you can build around. I guess thats why we suck now. Because of nostalgic thinking like this instead of being real about what you have going forward.

13 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Done more for the franchise? So if we draft Ayton or Bagley and Gasol doesnt like them at the end of the year, should they be moved too because of what Gasol has done for the franchise and they havent done anything in their one year?

You dont make future decisions based on someones past. You fire a coach and make roster changes for a player that you can build around. I guess thats why we suck now. Because of nostalgic thinking like this instead of being real about what you have going forward.

Make roster changes around what player? Did you want them trading Gasol n gettin back players to build around Evans? Brooks? Rabb? Davis? There has been noone on this team worth building around outside of Conley n Gasol.‎ If there was it'd be a different story. So guess what, that rookie head coach that's arguing with your decade long allstar player is gonna be fired before said player is traded 10/10 times over. Firing Fizz was a lateral move that doesn't affect this teams future either way.

For the record if we get Ayton I'm all for trading Gasol unless he wants to come off the bench.

15 minutes ago, cdp said:

Make roster changes around what player? Did you want them trading Gasol n gettin back players to build around Evans? Brooks? Rabb? Davis? There has been noone on this team worth building around outside of Conley n Gasol.‎ If there was it'd be a different story. So guess what, that rookie head coach that's arguing with your decade long allstar player is gonna be fired before said player is traded 10/10 times over. Firing Fizz was a lateral move that doesn't affect this teams future either way.

For the record if we get Ayton I'm all for trading Gasol unless he wants to come off the bench.

The whole breaking up Zbo/Marc thing and trying (somewhat unsuccesfully) to add more shooters/athletes was to work better with Marc/Mike pnr. We dont have a player worth building around period. Past history means nothing to me. Dont treat a guy who isnt a cornerstone like he is one based on his past.

So any coach that comes in has to automatically be a yes man in regards to Gasol, a guy who can hardly lead you to a single win? You dont see what a joke of franchise you are building? You still got the same trash roster and you arent acknowledging the problem, just massaging the ego of a high level role player.  

Everyone can see this roster in indequate, yet you blame the coach. What coach with options is going to want this setup?

5 minutes ago, Dwash said:

The whole breaking up Zbo/Marc thing and trying (somewhat unsuccesfully) to add more shooters/athletes was to work better with Marc/Mike pnr. We dont have a player worth building around period. Past history means nothing to me. Dont treat a guy who isnt a cornerstone like he is one based on his past.

So any coach that comes in has to automatically be a yes man in regards to Gasol, a guy who can hardly lead you to a single win? You dont see what a joke of franchise you are building? You still got the same trash roster and you arent acknowledging the problem, just massaging the ego of a high level role player.  

Everyone can see this roster in indequate, yet you blame the coach. What coach with options is going to want this setup?

So much this. 

All i ask is "who currently is the best player on the team??

I know the correct answer.

Second question is "would you rather build AROUND Gasol OR build WITH Tyreke?"

15 hours ago, Dwash said:

It all just falls at the feet of the circus show that is team management doesn't it. Until they get that next big time player for a new era Gasol/Conley remain the main guys, whether they should be or not.‎ Hopefully that changes in June.‎

2 hours ago, cdp said:

It all just falls at the feet of the circus show that is team management doesn't it. Until they get that next big time player for a new era Gasol/Conley remain the main guys, whether they should be or not.‎ Hopefully that changes in June.‎

Yes its all about management. Thats who pisses me off really, not Gasol. Hopefully it does change in June my friend.

6 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Yes its all about management. Thats who pisses me off really, not Gasol. Hopefully it does change in June my friend.

I can agree with this. If Wallace is here come next year and we don’t have a new FO no matter who we pick, we’re screwed 

16 hours ago, Memfizz said:

-Conley

-Neither, but around Gasol sounds miserable so with Tyreke

It was a trick question.   

Neither are worth building "Around" or are "foundation" pieces. 

However, Tyreke has the skillset that you can build a team "with"".     Meaning he is proving that its easier to set up an offense with him than it is with Gasol.    Gasol requires the entire system to revolve around him even though he doesn't actually want to LEAD the offense.   Tyreke is showing that he can be secondary or primary scorer - start or come off the bench.  He is the more versatile piece which makes him easier to build "with".   

31 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

It was a trick question.   

However, Tyreke has the skillset that you can build a team "with"".     Meaning he is proving that its easier to set up an offense with him than it is with Gasol.    Gasol requires the entire system to revolve around him even though he doesn't actually want to LEAD the offense.   Tyreke is showing that he can be secondary or primary scorer - start or come off the bench.  He is the more versatile piece which makes him easier to build "with".   

Yeah true and I don't get the criticism around Tyreke.  We have been BEGGING for a go to scorer for years that isn't afraid to take over some.  We finally got one that is decent and people will complain.

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

It was a trick question.   

You don't think the entire offense isn't built around Tyreke? lol Okay. I'd hate to see what that would look like.