Sign in to follow this  
El Guapo

Memphis @ LA Clippers. 1-2-18

4 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

LOL just checking but weren't you saying, "Christ just blow this thing up" because of the talent level?

Uh yeah, Im talking about our weak core.

4 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Marc Gasol with a +14 best on the team and second best in the game

Just saying.....B)

Yeah notice how the team isnt going downhill lately now that they dont run everything through him.

9 hours ago, Dwash said:

Hmmm so it hasnt been my imagination. The equal opprtunity offense that was mocked on this board...with folks acting like Gasol had to touch everything...with more guys touching it...has created more offense....imagine that!

I think my other theory will eventually be supported too. That our role players or "scrubs" actually arent that bad. They are average NBA role players. Its having a subpar "star" that should be a role player hurts more.

Yep.  Basically if these young guys figure out how to play cohesive defense together.  They will atleast be a competitive losing team.  Ennis, Selden, Davis, and Harrison are proving to be NBA rotation guys.   The problem is that the guys that are supposed to be leading the way (Gasol, JaM, and Parsons) are not consistently.  Evans has been the saviour.  

Why didn't Parsons play...? 

I guess the tank is real. Though didn't CW say that we are still making the playoffs and Mike is coming back? 

10 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

Why didn't Parsons play...? 

I guess the tank is real. Though didn't CW say that we are still making the playoffs and Mike is coming back? 

Knee soreness. Collecting that paycheck.

I think i'd rather see Wayne start over Dillon.    Dillon is forced to be a defensive stopper in the starting lineup and i don't think that is his best role.    He is a much better scorer than he is given an opportunity to be.    Tyreke and Wayne can both guard SF's so we won't give up anything defensively.   Wayne is more of a threat to score so that should make it easier on Gasol and Reke.   

Dillon will be free to score more off the bench and he won't get killed defensively. 

I agree that for this season, Dillon should be coming off the bench. Ennis is an expiring and may not be here next year but at the moment he is the better D stopper.

Selden should be the starting SG after Tyreke is traded in Feb

Why does it seem that some here are offended that Parsons is paid so much but doesn't play? I bet that there is not one person among you that would not have signed that contract. Sure, I can hear you now. I better not take that much money until I'm sure I'm healthy. Put the blame where it belongs....on the FO, not on Chandler.

7 minutes ago, oldmanGrizz said:

Why does it seem that some here are offended that Parsons is paid so much but doesn't play? I bet that there is not one person among you that would not have signed that contract. Sure, I can hear you now. I better not take that much money until I'm sure I'm healthy. Put the blame where it belongs....on the FO, not on Chandler.

I don’t think anyone is blaming Chandler.

4 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I guess I read too much into some things.

6 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I think i'd rather see Wayne start over Dillon.    Dillon is forced to be a defensive stopper in the starting lineup and i don't think that is his best role.    He is a much better scorer than he is given an opportunity to be.    Tyreke and Wayne can both guard SF's so we won't give up anything defensively.   Wayne is more of a threat to score so that should make it easier on Gasol and Reke.   

Dillon will be free to score more off the bench and he won't get killed defensively. 

You bring up a good observation here. If this is in fact the case, it just might pay off big next season. Let him learn from his mistakes now so he will be a better defender when the team becomes competitive. 

8 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

For once I think I agree with you, GTF, but I'm not sure how good it will be with more roster adjustments.

4 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

For once I think I agree with you, GTF, but I'm not sure how good it will be with more roster adjustments.

That should be everyone's new years resolution.  

3 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Oh, I don't know about that.  I'm pretty sure that there is at least one poster who blames Conley for signing his, so I don't think it would be any more strange if someone blamed Chandler.  Let's ask, hey Big Hunk!....;)

5 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Oh, I don't know about that.  I'm pretty sure that there is at least one poster who blames Conley for signing his, so I don't think it would be any more strange if someone blamed Chandler.  Let's ask, hey Big Hunk!....;)

I dont blame Parsons in the way OldManGrizz put it, and I've said that if the stories are true thay the FO offered that contract without requiring him to take a physical, or knowing he needed major reconstructive surgery then that is criminal and warrants immediate and automatic firing of who ever made that decision (Wallace?)

But I'm only human and I love the team, my perception is that the team's chemistry and performance to a big downturn coinciding with his arrival so yeah I am dirty on him for that. And  also we are hogtied for another 2 1/2 years because of that and that is gonna be very damaging as well.

Finally, as others have said before that professional sports people when paid large money have to accept the scrutiny and critique that goes with the territory, Parsons' performance when he has played has been of a lesser standard and impact (with the exception of one game) than the corpse of Tayshaun Prince.