Sign in to follow this  
BigHunkALove

Memphis @ Phoenix 12/26/2017

32 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Why didn't Memfizz talk about Martin not helping Tyreke off the floor when he was right next to him?  Seems like a double standard when Gasol (allegedly) does it.

1. Because I didn't see the second half tonight

2. Gasol is the longest tenured Grizzly on the roster, considered the franchise player, and is capable of getting a coach fired.  He has to be held to a higher standard than a young player with minimal upside.  Walking by your teammates like Gasol does all the time is disrespect plain and simple

1 minute ago, Memfizz said:

1. Because I didn't see the second half tonight

2. Gasol is the longest tenured Grizzly on the roster, considered the franchise player, and is capable of getting a coach fired.  He has to be held to a higher standard than a young player with minimal upside.  Walking by your teammates like Gasol does all the time is disrespect plain and simple

The coach was plenty capable of getting himself fired, he didn't need Gasol... Not only should Gasol lead the team in every offensive category but he should also lead the team in that all too important "assist in getting up" category... lol

3 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

So you're saying Tyson Chandler can step up and carry the team?  Just explain to me how you know Chandler is a leader?  What leadership traits has he shown and when?

1 minute ago, grizlsg said:

The Grizzlies don't need "veteran leaders" they need someone who can freaking shoot a jump shot... I'll trade your "veteran leader" for a freaking shooter, all day, everyday... Veteran's can help you talent, this team has not young talent other than Brooks.

So you two obviously don't understand what i am writing.   I'll explain further.    My first criteria was DURING A REBUILD  as Marc has so eloquently shown us during this trash fire of a season , he doesn't have the patience for a rebuild. 

And you guys keep excusing for his poor attitude by saying that he is NOT A LEADER.    I agree with you but you are so into defending Gasol that you are missing that.    

Weren't people on here whining about we should've resigned Vince for his leadership and veteran experience??   So i say that is a good reason to want Tyson and now you think that's a crazy idea.   Also I never said Tyson is the key to playoff aspirations or will be counted on to produce big numbers.    I just mentioned his credentials to show he has legit experience.    

As for his leadership traits, i saw some ESPN stories on him a season ago.  How his teammates loved him and how he embraced younger players and was a vocal leader.   He also has a ring from a team that he was an integral part of. 

@grzlsg you are wrong about this team needing leadership.  That is one of the major reasons why we are soooo bad.  

22 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Tyson would be better for THIS team than gasol.   because Tyson is a better veteran leader, which is one of the main reasons that PHO doesn't want to move him.    I am not talking about on court offensive basketball skills.   

Gasol has shown to be more of a really good complimentary offensive player - a cog in the machine.   Look at his Spainish team and GNG years.   Gasol defers to Pau and Juan Carlos for ACB and to Zbo and Conley for GNG.   

When he is expected to step up to a larger role then expect to be disappointed.   If you wanna argue go look at our record currently. 

So YES Tyson would be a better veteran leader on a team for a rebuild.  That statement has jack to do with AllStar appearances.  

So Gasol not living up to unrealistic standards somehow makes him less of a leader than Tyson Chandler. ‎Right. The man is 33 years old he's not about to lead this sorry *** team to a winning record, especially without Conley. But I guarantee you he wants to win more than anyone else on the team, aside from already doin more for this franchise than everyone else combined.

And another thing is why would you want THIS team around next year? Wright, Mclemore, Chalmers, Martin, Harrison, Ennis should all be gone. Evans likely gone too unless they can move Parsons. Let's say they move Gasol n got Chandler like u want they still wouldn't have enough to keep Evans as they can only sign him with cap space.

Just now, cdp said:

So Gasol not living up to unrealistic standards somehow makes him less of a leader than Tyson Chandler. ‎Right. The man is 33 years old he's not about to lead this sorry *** team to a winning record, especially without Conley. But I guarantee you he wants to win more than anyone else on the team, aside from already doin more for this franchise than everyone else combined.

And another thing is why would you want THIS **** show of a team around next year? Wright, Mclemore, Chalmers, Martin, Harrison, Ennis should all be gone. Evans likely gone too unless they can move Parsons. Let's say they moved Gasol n got Chandler like u want they still wouldn't have enough to keep Evans as they can only sign him with cap space.

Where did i say i wanted this entire team back???    I stated i wanted to resign Tyreke and i said keep Conley.   If we move off Gasol and don't bring back an equally big contract then we could afford to resign Reke without moving Parsons.   Nobody is putting unrealistic expectations on marc.  We expect him to perform to Max contract status.  Same with Conley and Parsons. 

And you obviously haven't been paying attention to Gasol at all.   The fact that he DIDN"T want to be the leader last season was a big narrative.   Besides Conley is the real Team Leader and my suggestion about Chandler was about him being a good veteran leader to have DURING A REBUILD.        

What does wanting wins have to do with leadership qualities?    Dillon Brooks wants to win too so is he a leader?

So let me ask you - did you consider Vince Carter a leader during his tenure??

7 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

So you two obviously don't understand what i am writing.   I'll explain further.    My first criteria was DURING A REBUILD  as Marc has so eloquently shown us during this trash fire of a season , he doesn't have the patience for a rebuild. 

And you guys keep excusing for his poor attitude by saying that he is NOT A LEADER.    I agree with you but you are so into defending Gasol that you are missing that.    

Weren't people on here whining about we should've resigned Vince for his leadership and veteran experience??   So i say that is a good reason to want Tyson and now you think that's a crazy idea.   Also I never said Tyson is the key to playoff aspirations or will be counted on to produce big numbers.    I just mentioned his credentials to show he has legit experience.    

As for his leadership traits, i saw some ESPN stories on him a season ago.  How his teammates loved him and how he embraced younger players and was a vocal leader.   He also has a ring from a team that he was an integral part of. 

@grzlsg you are wrong about this team needing leadership.  That is one of the major reasons why we are soooo bad.  

This team needs shooters, good shooters make older players great leaders...

2 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Chandler being a better leader than Gasol is not debatable.

So you say... He hasn't been a leader on any team, he has always been a role players... he won a championship as a role player on a Dallas team that had a leader.

Local media roasted Andrew Harrison endlessly for his terrible +/- earlier in the year when he was starting but they are mysteriously quiet when it comes the team being almost as bad when Gasol plays at -7.3 and +3.0 when he sits.

5 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Where did i say i wanted this entire team back???    I stated i wanted to resign Tyreke and i said keep Conley.   If we move off Gasol and don't bring back an equally big contract then we could afford to resign Reke without moving Parsons.   Nobody is putting unrealistic expectations on marc.  We expect him to perform to Max contract status.  Same with Conley and Parsons. 

And you obviously haven't been paying attention to Gasol at all.   The fact that he DIDN"T want to be the leader last season was a big narrative.   Besides Conley is the real Team Leader and my suggestion about Chandler was about him being a good veteran leader to have DURING A REBUILD.        

What does wanting wins have to do with leadership qualities?    Dillon Brooks wants to win too so is he a leader?

So let me ask you - did you consider Vince Carter a leader during his tenure??

Gasol's scoring is up, his rebounding is up, his assists are up... he leads the team in almost every stat but to you claim that you don't have "unrealistic" expectations... that's funny... I guess he should lead the team is hotdogs sold as well. 

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

Local media roasted Andrew Harrison endlessly for his terrible +/- earlier in the year when he was starting but they are mysteriously quiet when it comes the team being almost as bad when Gasol plays at -7.3 and +3.0 when he sits.

Because Harrison is trash and will always be trash, Gasol is the Grizzlies best player...

19 minutes ago, grizlsg said:

The coach was plenty capable of getting himself fired, he didn't need Gasol... Not only should Gasol lead the team in every offensive category but he should also lead the team in that all too important "assist in getting up" category... lol

Helping a player off the ground is basic level leadership here.

Gasol apologist crew in full effect.

I'd hate to have to pretend not helping players off the ground isn't poor leadership.

1 minute ago, grizlsg said:

So you say... He hasn't been a leader on any team, he has always been a role players... he won a championship as a role player on a Dallas team that had a leader.

You are simply basing that on his offensive position obviously.   And you watch nothing but Grizz ball and don't know anything about other players and NBA in general.   Often times role players are the actual Team Leaders and on court captains.   

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/3/24/15043764/tyson-chandler-phoenix-suns-veteran-leader-profile

But Watson says his little brother is the leader of this young Suns team. Save for MVP honors, Chandler has claimed an NBA accolade in every category. His success is contagious.

“Tyson has been amazing for these young guys because he’s been there and done that. And he’s not a coach; he still puts on a jersey,” Watson says. “So he has that presence of legendary player, championship, gold medal. He came in the league when he was 18, so he can relate. They follow his voice; they look up to him.”

Tyson is a competitor. I think that’s his strongest attribute,” Chriss says. “He’s emotional. He’s expressive. And he’s a leader in all aspects of the word. Even when he’s not playing, he’s telling us things we need to do on the court. He’s visualizing it as if he was actually in the game. And he’s trying to walk you through it and just instruct you as best as he could.”

BTW when he was playing real minutes dude was averaging double digit rebounds too. 

In his 16th NBA season, the Suns’ big man is averaging 8.4 points, 11.4 rebounds and just a half-block per game. 

image.gif

3 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Well to be fair Tillery and Edmiston keep pointing that out.   But people ignore that because they feel that Ron has a vendetta against the Grizz.  

4 minutes ago, grizlsg said:

Because Harrison is trash and will always be trash, Gasol is the Grizzlies best player...

Gasol, is that you? How did you get on the message boards so soon after the game?

Is someone seriously arguing that Tyson Chandler isn't a good leader, and better yet, Gasol is?

The whole reason why many Mavericks fans feel they couldn't get back to that level again was because they were missing some of Tyson's leadership.

7 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

Helping a player off the ground is basic level leadership here.

Gasol apologist crew in full effect.

I'd hate to have to pretend not helping players off the ground isn't poor leadership.

LOL... oh, the humanity of it all...

10 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

You are simply basing that on his offensive position obviously.   And you watch nothing but Grizz ball and don't know anything about other players and NBA in general.   Often times role players are the actual Team Leaders and on court captains.   

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/3/24/15043764/tyson-chandler-phoenix-suns-veteran-leader-profile

But Watson says his little brother is the leader of this young Suns team. Save for MVP honors, Chandler has claimed an NBA accolade in every category. His success is contagious.

“Tyson has been amazing for these young guys because he’s been there and done that. And he’s not a coach; he still puts on a jersey,” Watson says. “So he has that presence of legendary player, championship, gold medal. He came in the league when he was 18, so he can relate. They follow his voice; they look up to him.”

Tyson is a competitor. I think that’s his strongest attribute,” Chriss says. “He’s emotional. He’s expressive. And he’s a leader in all aspects of the word. Even when he’s not playing, he’s telling us things we need to do on the court. He’s visualizing it as if he was actually in the game. And he’s trying to walk you through it and just instruct you as best as he could.”

BTW when he was playing real minutes dude was averaging double digit rebounds too. 

In his 16th NBA season, the Suns’ big man is averaging 8.4 points, 11.4 rebounds and just a half-block per game. 

image.gif

Yeah Chandler... still just a role player, he won a championship because Dirk carried him to one.

The Suns aren't any good, so maybe he's not such a good leader for young guys...  I guess we could get him and he could lead us out of the playoffs as well.

15 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

Gasol, is that you? How did you get on the message boards so soon after the game?

I had to, Grizzlies told me I had to lead the team in number of posts, gotta meet that max contract expectation... I'm leaving here shortly to go help clean up the arena, gotta lead in recycled waste as well... I think they want me to fly the plane home after that as well.

Being the leader that I am, I should just carry the team home on my back... yeah, that'll meet those expectations.

38 minutes ago, grizlsg said:

Yeah Chandler... still just a role player, he won a championship because Dirk carried him to one.

The Suns aren't any good, so maybe he's not such a good leader for young guys...  I guess we could get him and he could lead us out of the playoffs as well.

Your role player argument is so dumb. Was Shane Battier a leader for Memphis? Very obvious answer here.

Or Kobe Bryant, who said that there was never another player that he respected and listened to like Derek Fisher. Oh wait, he's the definition of a quality role player so he wasn't a leader and probably not clutch either because he was just knocking down open shots. The guy who pouts in games, pouts in the media and gets fat after a wcf sweep is the real deal. 

14 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Your role player argument is so dumb. Was Shane Battier a leader for Memphis? Very obvious answer here.

Or Kobe Bryant, who said that there was never another player that he respected and listened to like Derek Fisher. Oh wait, he's the definition of a quality role player so he wasn't a leader and probably not clutch either because he was just knocking down open shots. The guy who pouts in games, pouts in the media and gets fat after a wcf sweep is the real deal. 

Oh let's not be mistaken here, Derek Fisher was not the leader of that Laker team, and whoever said anything about "clutch"...

You guys can whine and pout all you want about Gasol, he's the best we have... you excuse all the trash players that the FO surrounded him with because you don't like him.  

There is no player on the Grizzlies other than Mike that any team would trade a 1st round pick for but all you brainiacs think that DD or Wright or Tyson Chandler are as valuable... that there is "dumb", the definition of "dumb". 

You guys wanting to "rebuild" as if the Grizz can just go out and pluck up young talent... heck they can't even draft talent when they have the chance... You guys will all be whinning and moaning when the team is rebuilding because it's not fast enough or they don't play the way you want them to or any other number of BS complaints... and I'm sure next time it will be Mikes fault or whomever the next max player we have is because max players are magic, they can make bad players great, they can run the team and score the points and rebound the ball and steal the ball and coach the team and... fly the plane...