Sign in to follow this  
New_Sacred_Cow

Memphis @ Golden State 12/20/17

Martin appears to be making strides(just trying to stay positive) 

Say what you want about the Grizzlies, JaMychal Green has been the most disappointing Grizzly thus far. Arguably, should've been better just not signing him over the offseason. 

Just now, redeye said:

Martin appears to be making strides(just trying to stay positive) 

I wish....

Just now, GoGrizz! said:

Say what you want about the Grizzlies, JaMychal Green has been the most disappointing Grizzly thus far. Arguably, should've been better just not signing him over the offseason. 

+1

Zbo could have been had for the same money and contract length

1 minute ago, BigHunkALove said:

He's had games like that in the past and we've still won.

As I said someone else needs to step up.

Where's Green, crying about his money, whats he doing?

Ennis?

Chalmers?

Harrison?

Yeah but you said he's taking and making shots.  He's taking shots, but he's not making them.

Green has been awful though, I'll give you that.  4 points 4 rebounds against a small ball team is unacceptable and may have very well cost us tonight just as much as our shooting on a game where GS was really off and giving it to us.

Chalmers has been tanking all season and times 20 when his coach got fired.  At least it feels that way.  Some of the passes/shots honestly look intentionally bad.

Harrison is Harrison, Ennis is Ennis.  You never know if you're going to get a solid good performance or an ugly one.  Both are home players only to me, they never seen to do well on road.

9 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

Yeah but you said he's taking and making shots.  He's taking shots, but he's not making them.

Green has been awful though, I'll give you that.  4 points 4 rebounds against a small ball team is unacceptable and may have very well cost us tonight just as much as our shooting on a game where GS was really off and giving it to us.

Chalmers has been tanking all season and times 20 when his coach got fired.  At least it feels that way.  Some of the passes/shots honestly look intentionally bad.

Harrison is Harrison, Ennis is Ennis.  You never know if you're going to get a solid good performance or an ugly one.  Both are home players only to me, they never seen to do well on road.

Yep pretty much.

Yet as bad as Marc shot he still had most points and rebounds.

That's an indictment on this roster with Parsons top of the list followed by Green, then Ennis.

And except for a 5 min spurt, Reke was terrible tonight

1 minute ago, grizz1016 said:

Jam is a scrub

I can’t believe we let ZBo go for a scrub

Oh man, do not get me started....

I can't believe brothers here thought Green could replace Zbo, including Fizdale it seems....

Really depressing GSW vs MEM games were always highlighted on the calendar for must see.  Used to always be a battle.

Also will never forget when we got screwed majorly on that Lance Stephenson no-call to end the season with our Hateful Eight squad...I believe that was the game to stop the Golden State record too.

Just now, BigHunkALove said:

Oh man, do not get me started....

I can't believe brothers here thought Green could replace Zbo, including Fizdale it seems....

If I'm a GM, I'd probably keep the younger guy, but I wouldn't replace Zbo, I'd find a way to keep him on the squad for reasons that go beyond floor production...even tho Zbo has been majorly productive this year and all-star level as of late.

1 minute ago, Memfizz said:

Really depressing GSW vs MEM games were always highlighted on the calendar for must see.  Used to always be a battle.

Also will never forget when we got screwed majorly on that Lance Stephenson no-call to end the season with our Hateful Eight squad...I believe that was the game to stop the Golden State record too.

That was ******* BS and I'll never consider that record valid. We were so clearly jobbed.

Just now, Thomas said:

That was ******* BS and I'll never consider that record valid. We were so clearly jobbed.

And just as the league thought...people will eventually forget. I actually forgot for a moment there myself.

That was so beyond cold...not only screw the Grizzlies over, but screw a depleted 8 man unit of all bench players.  Such a desperate fixing.

21 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

He's had games like that in the past and we've still won.

As I said someone else needs to step up.

Where's Green, crying about his money, whats he doing?

Ennis?

Chalmers?

Harrison?

Would these guys be in the NBA if not for the Grizzlies?

Did any other team make an effort to get any of these guys?

Add Mclemore to that as well.

1 hour ago, Memfizz said:

It's just that...There's not a single person that's NOT annoyed/upset/angry how much we are paying for an injured Parsons..to the point that it's not even worth posting or debate it since we all think it lol. 

The Parsons contract is one of the worst moments in Grizz history.

Both the Parson and Conley contract have handcuffed the Grizzlies. The franchise has tied up 250,000,000 dollars on two players that can no longer contribute to making the team even playoff  viable.

45 minutes ago, scooter said:

Both the Parson and Conley contract have handcuffed the Grizzlies. The franchise has tied up 250,000,000 dollars on two players that can no longer contribute to making the team even playoff  viable.

Yes, absolutely ridiculous. At least Conley has done a lot for the franchise. Both players are super injury prone though, making the moves even more dumb.

5 hours ago, grizz1016 said:

‘I can’t believe we let ZBo go for a scrub’

This ... so much this.

First name 20... y’all know the rest.

Teams may not have feared us before but the had to respect the big fella out there.

Well Ivan Rabb only played in junk minutes. Looked good with an offensive rebound and put back, a nice defensive play and drew a foul on another rebound opportunity but Martin played well also. I guess the coaches made the right  move last night. I have a feeling Rabb is a better long term answer but J B has to go with players he is comfortable with. He knows the decisions he makes now will affect his future with the team. We have to accept he's making the best possible moves for his future and the teams. 

I might have missed this earlier in the thread, but why the heck didn't Parsons play last night?

What the hell are we saving him for? Put the dude out there and let him earn that paycheck. 

6 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

I might have missed this earlier in the thread, but why the heck didn't Parsons play last night?

What the hell are we saving him for? Put the dude out there and let him earn that paycheck. 

He cant play in back to back so he is going tonight.