Sign in to follow this  
GamesOut

7 of the next 8 games are away games

it's sad because we have played 18 out of our 30 games at home and are 6-12 at home. That's a lot of lost opportunity especially when the front half our schedule has been mostly at home, now it's about to catch up to us. 

18 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

it's sad because we have played 18 out of our 30 games at home and are 6-12 at home. That's a lot of lost opportunity especially when the front half our schedule has been mostly at home, now it's about to catch up to us. 

Never know.  I remember a season when the Griz had a very good road record, and a crappy home record.

I hate the way the NBA distributed the Grizzlies schedule this year.

Way to many longer home stands that have kept the crowd size lower.  I can't imagine a lot of smaller markets doing well with 3 home games in 4 or 5 days. 

Probably not an issue in New  York or LA, but I'm guessing most the smaller markets have an issue with it.

15 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Way to many longer home stands that have kept the crowd size lower.  I can't imagine a lot of smaller markets doing well with 3 home games in 4 or 5 days. 

Probably not an issue in New  York or LA, but I'm guessing most the smaller markets have an issue with it.

Good point.

4 hours ago, oldmanGrizz said:

GS could probably play their 2nd unit all game and beat us at their place.

Maybe, but sometimes when you expect the least, teams have a way of delivering the most.

24 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

They're trying to get the Grizzlies in Seattle..

I have been saying all year....there are no easy parts of the schedule this year due to parity. Especially when you struggle to crack 100 points. Every night will be a tight game at best.

7 hours ago, Dwash said:

I have been saying all year....there are no easy parts of the schedule this year due to parity. Especially when you struggle to crack 100 points. Every night will be a tight game at best.

When you start looking for the cupcakes and can't find them....

16 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

This next part of the schedule is bizarre. Over the course of 10 days we go out west to play at Phoenix and  at Golden State, then come home for one game against a far west team, the Clippers, then board the plane and fly back to road games against Phoenix and Golden State again. Thanks NBA.

22 hours ago, oldmanGrizz said:

GS could probably play their 2nd unit all game and beat us at their place.

I think the game will be competitive through some time in the 3rd period.

At that point, the Warriors will pull away and win by 20+ points.

I feel like I've seen that script before.

F.O. just needs to cut the baloney. This season is clearly toast so they need to focus on next season and beyond. Play guys that they don't plan on keeping more to pad their stats and trade them. Get the young guys who may be keepers in the future some legit playing time after they trade those guys. Let them get extra burn, can't really hurt anything now. This team must stop letting players go for nothing in return.

3 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Play guys that they don't plan on keeping more to pad their stats and trade them. Get the young guys who may be keepers in the future some legit playing time after they trade those guys. Let them get extra burn, can't really hurt anything now. 

This, and I see no reason they can't decide NOW who's going to be in the future.

Step 1 is to put Rabb out there, tell him there's NO pressure, just see what he can do with that puny but determined body. 

18 hours ago, Memfizz said:

At least you don't have to pay tickets to see Gasol pout.

We got your point a week ago. 

Don't be a one-trick pony. 

14 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

F.O. just needs to cut the baloney. This season is clearly toast so they need to focus on next season and beyond. Play guys that they don't plan on keeping more to pad their stats and trade them. Get the young guys who may be keepers in the future some legit playing time after they trade those guys. Let them get extra burn, can't really hurt anything now. This team must stop letting players go for nothing in return.

Wallace recently came out and said we've been competitive against good teams and but our expectations are still higher than this. We want to not just make the playoffs, but make noise in the playoffs.

Typical run of the mill GM talk, but don't see them cutting baloney anytime soon.

37 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

this

21 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Stop the complaining. The Grizzlies haven't taken care of business at all inside the Forum, and they have to go out west about 4 times a year. That's unfortunate, especially for the Grizzlies and New Orleans. I will say I don't like the schedule when the Grizzlies play @ Phoenix, vs LA Clippers, and @ Phoenix again. Doesn't make sense to me at all. But the crowd size has no effect on the "3 home games in 4-5 days", to me, it's the performance.

Take a glance at the Knicks schedule. They're in a midst of a 28 game stretch where they play in different cities  
(From December 12 vs Lakers to February 4 vs the Hawks.) 19 of the 28 are away from MSG.