Sign in to follow this  
GamesOut

7 of the next 8 games are away games

18 hours ago, GoGrizz! said:

Stop the complaining. The Grizzlies haven't taken care of business at all inside the Forum, and they have to go out west about 4 times a year. That's unfortunate, especially for the Grizzlies and New Orleans. I will say I don't like the schedule when the Grizzlies play @ Phoenix, vs LA Clippers, and @ Phoenix again. Doesn't make sense to me at all. But the crowd size has no effect on the "3 home games in 4-5 days", to me, it's the performance.

Take a glance at the Knicks schedule. They're in a midst of a 28 game stretch where they play in different cities  
(From December 12 vs Lakers to February 4 vs the Hawks.) 19 of the 28 are away from MSG.

I take it from your post you either can't read, or don't realize that the Knicks are in a large market.

But you are correct in your statement, "But the crowd size has no effect on the "3 home games in 4-5 days" because of course, the current crowd size does not impact what the schedule maker decided this past summer. Of course, it makes no sense either.

Even if the Grizzlies were 19-6, most season ticket holders can't go down to the Forum 3 out of 4 nights, especially in December.

On 12/19/2017 at 1:53 PM, Grizzled Vet said:

I take it from your post you either can't read, or don't realize that the Knicks are in a large market.

But you are correct in your statement, "But the crowd size has no effect on the "3 home games in 4-5 days" because of course, the current crowd size does not impact what the schedule maker decided this past summer. Of course, it makes no sense either.

Even if the Grizzlies were 19-6, most season ticket holders can't go down to the Forum 3 out of 4 nights, especially in December.

Then that's the city fault for putting the Forum in downtown and not in a suburb. Most stadiums/arenas are now being built in the suburbs now. In addition, I don't think a market has any effect on the league creating schedules. Unfortunately, there are organizations that have to leave because there arena is being used for different aspects.

7 hours ago, GoGrizz! said:

Then that's the city fault for putting the Forum in downtown and not in a suburb. Most stadiums/arenas are now being built in the suburbs now. In addition, I don't think a market has any effect on the league creating schedules. Unfortunately, there are organizations that have to leave because there arena is being used for different aspects.

Can you name a NBA stadium that isn't in the city, but in a suburb now?

Some are downtown, some are midtown, some by be in a non-downtown area, but few, if any, are now located in the suburbs.

I'm not suggesting the market size should influence what the schedule should or should not be, I'm saying small markets are going to struggle more with attendance during a cluster of home games in a short time whereas large markets likely have enough of a local interested population that they don't have a significant dip during those times.

As a season ticket holder, I'm telling you, whether the stadium is downtown or 10 minutes away, it's tough to do 3 games in 4 nights, (or even 3 games in one week) even if they are winning, especially if you also hit a Tiger game once in a while.  And if I put the tickets on stubhub or the Grizzlies resell site, I'm selling to a small population.

Memphis  cannot or will not support a losing team for long. IMO, the market is to small and other demographics such as disposable income issues, etc, has always negatively affected it's ability to justify it as a city that can support a major professional team in any sport.

19 hours ago, scooter said:

Memphis  cannot or will not support a losing team for long. IMO, the market is to small and other demographics such as disposable income issues, etc, has always negatively affected it's ability to justify it as a city that can support a major professional team in any sport.

We've been through multiple losing seasons and still supported this team just fine. Especially considering we've never had that "superstar". The people of this city deserve some recognition for proving all the Scooters out there wrong. If the Grizz left my city tomorrow, it wouldn't be because we didn't support the team. Your same *** comment is old and tired. 

30 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

The people of this city deserve some recognition for proving all the Scooters out there wrong. If the Grizz left my city tomorrow, it wouldn't be because we didn't support the team. Your same *** comment is old and tired. 

My comments speak to the truth.