Sign in to follow this  
oldmanGrizz

34-22.....You Do The Math

We have 56 games remaining. Assuming you could make the playoffs with 42 wins (I'm doubtful), we need to go 34-22 the rest of the year to do so, I actually think it will take at least 45 games to get in the playoffs. If that's the case, we must go 37-19. Does anyone think we have a realistic chance to do either? I just can't see it happening, even if Conley returns tonight.

The grizzlies aren't making the playoffs this year, but when Mike comes back they will probably win a lot more games, which I am worried about honestly. It's time to tank the season, but Mike doesn't have that in him.

Nah I don't see much way the playoffs are a realistic goal anymore.  Probably make it to the 9th or 10th seed in the west so our pick sucks but miss the playoffs :D

We’re going to win just enough games to mess up our draft pick while missing the playoffs anyway. I say 38 wins

43 minutes ago, Allen said:

We’re going to win just enough games to mess up our draft pick while missing the playoffs anyway. I say 38 wins

Yes this has been my prediction as well since the losing started.

Yeah if Mike comes back healthy and plays a good stretch of the season with Marc, we'll finish with no less than 30 something wins.

6 hours ago, Allen said:

To get that, we'd have to stay healthy down the stretch, and that never happens.

(Of course, this will be the year that everyone stays healthy down the stretch).

25 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

To get that, we'd have to stay healthy down the stretch, and that never happens.

(Of course, this will be the year that everyone stays healthy down the stretch).

I will laugh while simultaneously crying if at the end of the season we have a full healthy roster of Conley, Parsons and Wright all ready to go ham with our 10th seed.

when mike comes back, we should start winning little more .but I,m staying at my 34 win prediction i said at the begin of the year

On 12/11/2017 at 2:30 PM, Memfizz said:

all ready to go ham with our 10th seed.

I see your assumption that we will finish last, but the lottery gods will see that we get 10th pick.  

On 12/11/2017 at 4:30 PM, Memfizz said:

I will laugh while simultaneously crying if at the end of the season we have a full healthy roster of Conley, Parsons and Wright all ready to go ham with our 10th seed.

Hope it wasn't a curse, but Tony Allen out 3-4 weeks with a fractured fibula.

While it still possible that crew stays healthy, it is far more likely we see a run of injuries from these guys that frequently miss parts of seasons because of injuries.  

Record is currently 8-19

From now (December 13) to the new year, I have us going 3-7, which will put us at 11-26.

In January, I predict us going 4-9 (15-37)

In February, I predict us going 2-8 (17-45)

In March, I predict us going 6-10 (23-55)

In April, I predict us going 1-5 (24-60)

For some reason my record is off by two games, but you see the point. Still have to play Wizards (twice), Celtics (twice), Cavs, Bucks, Spurs (twice), Blazers (twice), Thunder (three times), Wolves (three times), Jazz (three times), and Raptors. 

On 12/12/2017 at 5:28 PM, TimBC said:

I see your assumption that we will finish last, but the lottery gods will see that we get 10th pick.  

grudgingly agree... we will search high and low for Thabeet 2.0 ... actually Thabeet 1.2 cause it’ll just be the same player with a new set of bugs ...

On 12/11/2017 at 7:57 AM, oldmanGrizz said:

We have 56 games remaining. Assuming you could make the playoffs with 42 wins (I'm doubtful), we need to go 34-22 the rest of the year to do so, I actually think it will take at least 45 games to get in the playoffs. If that's the case, we must go 37-19. Does anyone think we have a realistic chance to do either? I just can't see it happening, even if Conley returns tonight.

NO

Would require a 34-20 record in remaining games to reach 42-40 (borderline playoff record). It ain't happening folks. Any discussions going forward should be about our draft pick.