GF#1

Inverted Standings Watch

26 minutes ago, memgrizzlies321 said:

**** Hawks and Mavs blew games they should've won

Still the Hawks competed without Dedmon and Shroeder. No doubt they are a better team.

58 minutes ago, memgrizzlies321 said:

Man we need dubs.  Them competing ain't enough.

True. But we took a couple of weeks to start tanking while they started from day one. So I feel good about catching them.

Updated as of 12/19/2017 - coming up on 2018!

TEAM---------------RECORD--------GAMES BACK

Atlanta----------------25-7-------------------0.0

Dallas-----------------24-9--------------------1.5

Memphis------------23-9--------------------2.0

Orlando------------22-11---------------------3.5

Chicago-------------21-10-------------------3.5

Phoenix-------------22-12--------------------4.0

Charlotte-----------21-11--------------------4.0

Atlanta continues to hold the top spot. Memphis just 2 games back. Orlando has been tank-tastic of late, having made a push into the top 4. 

Key game today: Dallas at Atlanta. Someone's gotta win! 

Do we have our own 2nd round pick this year or is that gone? It would be right after the first round correct, based on record?

7 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Do we have our own 2nd round pick this year or is that gone? It would be right after the first round correct, based on record?

Yes about the based on record stuff.

And about owning our second rounder, it depends. We'll receive the most favorable pick between the Hornets one, the Heat one and our own pick. Right now we would get the #33 pick if I'm not mistaken.

We'll receive the Suns second rounder if it falls between 55-60 too, but whatever. That's not gonna happen.

4 hours ago, JWill4L said:

Yes about the based on record stuff.

And about owning our second rounder, it depends. We'll receive the most favorable pick between the Hornets one, the Heat one and our own pick. Right now we would get the #33 pick if I'm not mistaken.

We'll receive the Suns second rounder if it falls between 55-60 too, but whatever. That's not gonna happen.

Thank you sir! Maybe we can get lucky with that one.

13 minutes ago, memgrizzlies321 said:

Yeah they look legit good.  I've watched them a few times the past few weeks.  Plus they're getting Lavine back soon.  They could make a playoff push.

Yes I have too and Dunn is a true point guard. They have 4 quality bigs.

28 minutes ago, memgrizzlies321 said:

Mavs about to pull out another huge win over the Pacers.  Hawks and Bulls both close.

Watching other cellar teams makes me understand jusy how garbage the Grizzlies are.

Found a sweet site to keep an eye on our inverted standings, with an option to simulate the lottery as if it took place today:

http://www.tankathon.com/

Kept simulating and Grizz falling all the way to like the 7th, 8th pick had me terrified :o

What if all this tanking only got us a 7th pick?!!!!

15 hours ago, Zappastache said:

Found a sweet site to keep an eye on our inverted standings, with an option to simulate the lottery as if it took place today:

http://www.tankathon.com/

Kept simulating and Grizz falling all the way to like the 7th, 8th pick had me terrified :o

What if all this tanking only got us a 7th pick?!!!!

Better than picking 17th.

47 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

Right.

At the very least, landing the 7th or 8th and packaging that pick with a player for a trade is more viable.

Not that you'd want to trade it, but just saying - it's more value like you alluded to.

1 hour ago, GF#1 said:

Only by a little bit. I want a true superstar not a second rate one. 

16 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

Kawhi Leonard was picked 15.

Yeah I know all of the exceptions to the rule. Greek Freak was 15th I believe. Jimmy Butler was picked 30th.  Manu Ginobili was picked last. You want those picks too over a top pick? I am still preferring to have first, second or third dibs in the punch bowl instead of 7th or 15th. Thats just me Im weird like that.

26 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Yeah I know all of the exceptions to the rule. Greek Freak was 15th I believe. Jimmy Butler was picked 30th.  Manu Ginobili was picked last. You want those picks too over a top pick? I am still preferring to have first, second or third dibs in the punch bowl instead of 7th or 15th. Thats just me Im weird like that.

Without question. Still though, 7th overall is much more valuable than 17th. At least in that instance you might be able to package it with another player to potentially move up.

1 hour ago, Grizz&Grind said:

Right.

At the very least, landing the 7th or 8th and packaging that pick with a player for a trade is more viable.

Not that you'd want to trade it, but just saying - it's more value like you alluded to.

If we're enduring the most painful-to-watch basketball in the league, i want that top 5 pick.

Would be nice to have a star for people to pay attention to in our city. 

Updated as of 12/29/2017 - coming up on 2018!

TEAM---------------RECORD--------GAMES BACK

Atlanta----------------25-9-------------------0.0

Dallas-----------------25-11-----------------1.0

Memphis------------24-11-----------------1.5

Orlando--------------24-12-----------------2.0

LA Lakers----------22-11------------------2.5

Phoenix-------------23-13------------------3.0

Charlotte-----------22-12------------------3.0

Brooklyn------------22-12------------------3.0

Sacramento------22-12------------------3.0

I've added the Lakers and Nets, and subtracted the Bulls. The way they're looking right now, they're going to leave the inverted standings in the rearview mirror. There's a lot of clutter towards the top of the inverted standings. Many teams within 3 games of the lead. Memphis though is closer now than they have been yet, as a result of the Hawks winning two games in a row.

Brooklyn has lost three straight. Keep on losing, Brooklyn. That just means a higher pick that we will have in next year's draft when we trade Gasol for your pick from Cleveland. ;)

Atlanta has Toronto tonight. Dallas has New Orleans tonight. And Memphis has Golden State tomorrow night.

1 hour ago, Grizz&Grind said:

Kawhi Leonard was picked 15.

Our FO needs it to be a little clearer than finding a diamond in the rough. Some could find a great talent in the teens, but not our FO.