GF#1

Inverted Standings Watch

Hawks win!

Bulls win 6th straight! Lavine coming back soon!

Mavs winning!

I want that worst record. Clearly this team is the worst in the league despite the talents of the great Marc Gasol.

Dallas lost. Only Atlanta and Dallas have worse record than the Grizzlies.

But keep the faith, there is still time . By the way, I sent Chris Wallace an injured Christmas card with no postal stamp on it. He received it and paid the due postage.

WHAT A GUY!

2 hours ago, memgrizzlies321 said:

Big night.  Looking good guys.  Let me ask y'all, if we get the #1 pick, 1) who should we pick and 2) who will our FO pick?  Will they pick based on need or overall talent?

I think we should take Doncic.  Safest bet.  High floor with also high ceiling.

If they wanna ride Marc and Conley we should pick Doncic, who has already face NBA talent at Eurobasket. Safest bet.

To be fair, I would pick Luka no matter what. I'm lucky enough to watch all his games on TV or on the arena. I know I'm a bit of a homer...but kid's unreal. I swear.

7 hours ago, JWill4L said:

If they wanna ride Marc and Conley we should pick Doncic, who has already face NBA talent at Eurobasket. Safest bet.

To be fair, I would pick Luka no matter what. I'm lucky enough to watch all his games on TV or on the arena. I know I'm a bit of a homer...but kid's unreal. I swear.

The bigs seems to have a decent track record but a little leery of these foreign guards. They talked about Hejonza the same way.

With the Grizzlies track record if they miss on a guy like this and Bagley or Ayton shines, then folks will be appalled. I dont think that would be the case in the other scenario where Bagley or Ayton is just a role player and Doncic is the star. They would spend more time waiting on Ayton/Bagley to break out. With Doncic, the locals would eat him alive if he is slow to come around cause he was unknown from the jump.

They are all 19, so they will all have learning curves. I dont see the patience being the same for Doncic as it would for the others.

2 minutes ago, Dwash said:

The bigs seems to have a decent traxk record but a little leery of these foreign guards. They talked about Hejonza the same way.

Hezonja did nothing in Europe before coming to the NBA. He was drafted purely on 'potential'.

Doncic is dominating both the ACB and the Euroleague. At 18.

10 minutes ago, Elillo said:

Hezonja did nothing in Europe before coming to the NBA. He was drafted purely on 'potential'.

Doncic is dominating both the ACB and the Euroleague. At 18.

The point remains...Doncic cannot be a role player or its going to get ugly. He cant struggle early on while Bagley/Ayton shine or its going to get ugly here.

26 minutes ago, Dwash said:

The bigs seems to have a decent track record but a little leery of these foreign guards. They talked about Hejonza the same way.

Comparing Hezonja with Luka is insulting. Hezonja did not even play at Barcelona. Doncic is dominating EuroLeague and won the Eurobasket against real NBA talent carrying Slovenia along with Dragic.

11 minutes ago, JWill4L said:

Comparing Hezonja with Luka is insulting. Hezonja did not even play at Barcelona. Doncic is dominating EuroLeague and won the Eurobasket against real NBA talent carrying Slovenia along with Dragic.

I am trying to tell yall perception. In Memphis, they are all referred to as some guard from Europe. The pressure on Doncic to be better than Ayton or Bagley or even Porter is going to be enormous.

13 hours ago, scooter said:

Dallas lost. Only Atlanta and Dallas have worse record than the Grizzlies.

But keep the faith, there is still time . By the way, I sent Chris Wallace an injured Christmas card with no postal stamp on it. He received it and paid the due postage.

WHAT A GUY!

Lmao I’m dead 😵😂😂😂😂😂

On 12/15/2017 at 10:23 PM, chipc3 said:

I read this thread because I am curious on how many posters want the team to lose. They don't like to have this pointed out but that is what this thread is about isn't it? You are coming to a Memphis Grizzlies fan board to cheer losses by the Memphis Grizzlies. It is a rather peculiar hobby to say the least. 

It's the only way to get better.

A top 4 pick would be an upgrade to Chandler Parsons.

8 minutes ago, Iron Mike said:

It's the only way to get better.

A top 4 pick would be an upgrade to Chandler Parsons.

Im not why you have to explain to someone thay because you suck anyway, you might as well get the best reward you can for sucking.

Updated as of 12/19/2017 - slowly closing in

TEAM---------------RECORD--------GAMES BACK

Atlanta---------------23-7----------------0.0

Dallas-----------------23-8----------------0.5

Memphis------------21-9----------------2.0

Chicago-------------20-9-----------------2.5

Sacramento-------20-9-----------------2.5

Phoenix-------------21-11----------------3.0

Orlando-------------20-11----------------3.5

Atlanta got a big win. The Bulls are continuing to win, yet are still just 2.5 games back of the leading Hawks. Orlando has played their way into the top 7 with 5 losses in a row. We'll see what happens with the Grizzlies over the next couple of weeks with a ton of road contests upcoming.

I keep thinking that this team is toast, but in looking at the West, there are a lot of bad teams, and the Grizzlies have a favorable 2nd half schedule.

After the likely loss to GSW on Wednesday, the Grizzlies only have 19 games against teams over .500 on their schedule.

I see why the Grizzlies believe that they can get back to that 8 seed-not because they are playing good basketball, but because the bottom of the West playoff teams are not good either.  Because they tasted the success early on in the season, I could see why they would believe if they got Conley back, they could make a run for 7 or 8.

(Personally, I think they end up 13 or lower in the west.

The key is what our record will be at the all-star break. Looking at the schedule, my generous prediction assuming Mike will be back in early Jan is that we would go 2-5 for the rest of games in Dec, 6-7 in Jan, and 2-4 in Feb before the all-star break. We would then have a 19-37 record. Is that record bad enough for Marc to want out? 

And I have serious doubts about our FO plan. Can't really believe in what Wallace says. The guy is always trying to say the right things, which is of course to try and win games especially we still have plenty of games left. But is he really stupid enough to think we can make the playoffs? Does he think we should try to win as many games as possible but still miss the playoffs and end up with a low lottery pick? Does he really think we are going anywhere with Mike and Marc being the cornerstones going forward? He can't say we are going in a different direction and will trade Mike and Marc to deflate their values right? And with the ownership thing still up in the air what he is trying to do is to create some sort of stability and makes it look like all things will be fine. So my point is there is no telling what plan this FO has, and very often what they say is not what they have in mind.

2 hours ago, memgrizzlies321 said:

Kings with a big time win tonight and Grizz take sole position of 3rd place.  Let's go.

Good thing Wallace let Z-BO go. He scored 27 for Sac- Town tonight.

1 hour ago, memgrizzlies321 said:

Looking like another prospect could be making his way to that "elite" category.  Trae Young is crazy.  A 6'2" PG.  Put up 26 & 22 asts last night in crazy fashion.  He looks like the next CP3 out there.  Looks like he plays with a crazy motor too.

Averages 30 & 9 and leads the NCAA in scoring.  Boy would that help us.

Watch this and tell me what you think: 

Not a worth a top 4 pick, IMO. 

Tendencies are easy to read. And he's not that athletic

1 hour ago, Iron Mike said:

Not a worth a top 4 pick, IMO. 

Tendencies are easy to read. And he's not that athletic

I agree despite the stats Im just not feeling it when I see him.

10 hours ago, Grizball said:

The key is what our record will be at the all-star break. Looking at the schedule, my generous prediction assuming Mike will be back in early Jan is that we would go 2-5 for the rest of games in Dec, 6-7 in Jan, and 2-4 in Feb before the all-star break. We would then have a 19-37 record. Is that record bad enough for Marc to want out? 

Very optimistic but you could be correct. I think Gasol is a lifer in Memphis as long as Wallace is in charge however.  

And I have serious doubts about our FO plan. Can't really believe in what Wallace says. The guy is always trying to say the right things, which is of course to try and win games especially we still have plenty of games left. But is he really stupid enough to think we can make the playoffs? Does he think we should try to win as many games as possible but still miss the playoffs and end up with a low lottery pick? Does he really think we are going anywhere with Mike and Marc being the cornerstones going forward? He can't say we are going in a different direction and will trade Mike and Marc to deflate their values right? And with the ownership thing still up in the air what he is trying to do is to create some sort of stability and makes it look like all things will be fine. So my point is there is no telling what plan this FO has, and very often what they say is not what they have in mind.

Wallace could be simply driving down the value of the franchise so Pera can buy out the others cheaper. He could be doing exactly what his boss wants and that's why his job is safe despite the debacle his leadership has become. 

Bulls win, Mavs win, Kings win, Lakers win, Clippers win.

Great night!

Huge game tomorrow at Phoenix for us.

43 minutes ago, memgrizzlies321 said:

Indeed.  Hawks were basically tied midway through the 3rd quarter too.  So if we end up with the worst record then we're guaranteed a top 4 pick.  That's worth it IMO.

Yeah give me any one of Doncic/Bagley/Porter/Ayton and I'm all good.

Our close win over the Hawks was freaking brutal.

On 12/20/2017 at 10:49 PM, Dwash said:

I agree despite the stats Im just not feeling it when I see him.

He plays like a taller Shane Larkin.

On 12/17/2017 at 8:59 PM, Grizzled Vet said:

If Mike Conley was getting a lot of most underrated love before, if he comes back and the team plays over .500 ball for a while, he will deserve much praise.

Don' say that, you'll jinx us