GF#1

Inverted Standings Watch

I don’t even pay attention until last 5 minutes unless it is a tank battle. These teams collapse in seconds against good teams.

10 minutes ago, VikingWarrior said:

Come on Hawks:):) I just can’t stand okc 

Blah... that “escalated” fast.. well Atleast the mavs winning. 

Wow all kinds of superstar calls in this OKC ATL game.

As bad as these teams are, teams like Dallas and Atlanta have blown out the Grizzlies when Tyreke, a guy who may keave if any offers above MLE, sits. Scary indictment on our talent level.  Its really low.

50 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

I don’t even pay attention until last 5 minutes unless it is a tank battle. These teams collapse in seconds against good teams.

Yep went from 54-66 Atl at half to 75-71 Okc with 6 minutes to go in the third 

Orlando up 9 on struggling Milwaukee at the half.

Atlanta hosting Charlotte tomorrow.

Lose to the Bulls tomorrow and you are look at 3-4 games separation on everyone but the pesky die-easy Suns.

Orlando up 9 on struggling Milwaukee at the half.

Atlanta hosting Charlotte tomorrow.

Lose to the Bulls tomorrow and you are look at 3-4 games separation on everyone but the pesky die-easy Suns.  The Suns must be tanking cause with their talent level they should easily have atleast 5 more wins.

Looking like it’s going to come down  to us or the Suns. 

57 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Heat have a limited lineup tonight in Sacramento. 

And ZBo doing what he do up 12 start of 4th .... just can’t get over the commentators nicknamedor zbo and yes still rough to see zbo in diff jersey)

Memphis Grizzlies: 15 Games remaining | 5 games left vs Tank teams

Phoenix Suns: 13 Games remaining | 3 games left vs Tank teams

Atlanta Hawks: 14 Games remaining | 3 games left vs Tank teams

Orlando Magic: 13 Games left | 7 games left vs Tank teams

Brooklyn Nets: 14 Games left | 6 games left vs Tank teams

Still going to be a tight finish.  I don't think we can win enough for the Magic or Nets to catch us.  However, the Hawks and Suns are still a threat.

I see 4 tank games left for Memphis. The Lakers are off the tank list imo. They compete against anyone. Two of those tank games are at home.  Tank teams kill the Grizzlies at their place.

Detroit at home is concerning cause they might throw in the towel.

12 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I see 4 tank games left for Memphis. The Lakers are off the tank list imo. They compete against anyone. Two of those tank games are at home.  Tank teams kill the Grizzlies at their place.

That's the first game of a back to back for us. I hope we rest a lot of players preemptively. :ph34r:

The picture gets more complicated when you consider opposing teams' back to backs and the proximity of the playoffs. You might find a team already locked into a playoff seed resting half the team in the second game of a back to back and turn a guaranteed loss into a possible win.

This could be bad for Atlanta since the East playoff picture is clearer compared to the West. For instance, they play back to back games against Miami in April when Miami may already be locked at the #8 seed.

10 hours ago, Dwash said:

Chicago, Charlotte, Brooklyn, and SacTown.  Yep 4.

Since it was ok to keep Tyreke, I am going to count the games (mostly against slaw) that he won. Then keep track of where the Grizzlies should have picked if not for these useless wins. Then compare the player that they get vs. the player(s) that they could have had. 

Then they bought him back in a winnable game. That tells me they werent tanking and he really was hurt. Gave them too much credit.

Im so ******.

Wow this Warriors Suns game tonight has a whole new outlook with the big 3 not playing!!!

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Wow this Warriors Suns game tonight has a whole new outlook with the big 3 not playing!!!

Yeah - will watch it with high hopes :):) also don’t think Kerr cares much as they just want to be heatlhy for playoffs 

If Grizzlies finish behind the Suns, they have 12% probability of picking 5th, meaning both Grizzlies and Suns miss out on top 3 pick.

On 3/15/2018 at 1:17 AM, MemphisX said:

Memphis Grizzlies: 15 Games remaining | 5 games left vs Tank teams

Phoenix Suns: 13 Games remaining | 3 games left vs Tank teams

Atlanta Hawks: 14 Games remaining | 3 games left vs Tank teams

Orlando Magic: 13 Games left | 7 games left vs Tank teams

Brooklyn Nets: 14 Games left | 6 games left vs Tank teams

Still going to be a tight finish.  I don't think we can win enough for the Magic or Nets to catch us.  However, the Hawks and Suns are still a threat.

In that last week we will get some unusual outcomes.  It's not just tanking teams that count, it's also these playoff teams that have clinched spots that are going to matter.  

Boston will be locked in at #2 (hopefully) when they play Chicago, Atlanta, and Brooklyn in 3 of final 4 games.

Houston ends with Sacramento in last game of season.

Hopefully Warriors still rest guys for the last two weeks as they have the Suns twice and the Kings.

Unfortunately, Toronto only has the Magic among the tank teams during the last 2 weeks.

It would really help the tanking if only the right teams would start to separate in their respective playoff races. For the record, most the teams the Grizzlies face down the stretch are battling for playing spots or seeds.  It will really help if OKC and Minnesota still have something to play for in those last two games, or else those could be victories if they are resting their stars.

The Suns caught on and rested Booker last night against the depleted Warriors. They have rested him in winnable gamed before. Imo they wont play him again against a team they can beat, especially at home..