GF#1

Inverted Standings Watch

After 8 years, the inverted standings watch has returned! For the youngins on here that do not remember, back in the area of 2007-2009, we kept track of the "inverted standings", meaning that we rank teams from worst to best record, as opposed to the standard best to worst. You're about to get a glimpse of how we used to roll back in the day of 20 win seasons. ;)

Right now, the Grizzlies have the 4th worst record in the NBA. Until further notice, this thread will be in full effect!

Updated as of 12/29/2017 - coming up on 2018!

TEAM---------------RECORD--------GAMES BACK

Atlanta----------------25-9-------------------0.0

Dallas-----------------25-11-----------------1.0

Memphis------------24-11-----------------1.5

Orlando--------------24-12-----------------2.0

LA Lakers----------22-11------------------2.5

Phoenix-------------23-13------------------3.0

Charlotte-----------22-12------------------3.0

Brooklyn------------22-12------------------3.0

Sacramento------22-12------------------3.0

I've added the Lakers and Nets, and subtracted the Bulls. The way they're looking right now, they're going to leave the inverted standings in the rearview mirror. There's a lot of clutter towards the top of the inverted standings. Many teams within 3 games of the lead. Memphis though is closer now than they have been yet, as a result of the Hawks winning two games in a row.

Brooklyn has lost three straight. Keep on losing, Brooklyn. That just means a higher pick that we will have in next year's draft when we trade Gasol for your pick from Cleveland. ;)

Atlanta has Toronto tonight. Dallas has New Orleans tonight. And Memphis has Golden State tomorrow night.

4 hours ago, memgrizzlies321 said:

We need to go ahead and shut down Conley for the season.  Praying for top 4.

Yep on shutting down Conley

40 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Bulls win!

Slow down man one team at a time! My eyes are focused on the Mavs for now. Big potential tiebreaker game coming up with Atlanta this week though

14 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Slow down man one team at a time! My eyes are focused on the Mavs for now. Big potential tiebreaker game coming up with Atlanta this week though

Haha true, gonna be tough to compete with the Bulls this year. I'm also keeping an eye on Brooklyn because in my world Marc Gasol is their pick.

7 hours ago, Thomas said:

Haha true, gonna be tough to compete with the Bulls this year. I'm also keeping an eye on Brooklyn because in my world Marc Gasol is their pick.

Dont forget the Bulls just got Mirotic back and Lavine is coming on soon.  Also unlike the Grizzlies they actually have young talent and guys like Kris Dunn and Denzel Valentine are improving each day.

Watch for a guy named Romeo Langford in the 2019 draft.  He's the next Kawhi Leonard.  There is simply nothing he can't do on a basketball court.  

On 12/12/2017 at 6:08 AM, Dwash said:

Dont forget the Bulls just got Mirotic back and Lavine is coming on soon.  Also unlike the Grizzlies they actually have young talent and guys like Kris Dunn and Denzel Valentine are improving each day..

Don't look now - Bulls just won their fourth straight.

Grizzlies and Hawks will be the battle between the last in the West vs the last in the East. By the way, both teams have made the playoffs or have winning records for 7 straight seasons, which is tied for 2nd, behind San Antonio obviously.

7 hours ago, memgrizzlies321 said:

Big game coming up against the Hawks.

Hawks vs. Grizz. The broken treadmill game.

Gotta climb these standings! Need a guaranteed top 3 pick!

I know its not even Jan, but as soon as they fired Fiz and we lost 8 straight or whatever, I've been rooting for losses. I still watch the games and have gone to 3, but I want it to be a close and entertaining game, resulting in a loss. 

Am I a terrible person? :(

40 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

Gotta climb these standings! Need a guaranteed top 3 pick!

I know its not even Jan, but as soon as they fired Fiz and we lost 8 straight or whatever, I've been rooting for losses. I still watch the games and have gone to 3, but I want it to be a close and entertaining game, resulting in a loss. 

Am I a terrible person? :(

Lol I’ve been hoping for blowouts so Marc can just demand a trade and we can get rid of him so we can properly rebuild

21 minutes ago, Arkm110 said:

Lol I’ve been hoping for blowouts so Marc can just demand a trade and we can get rid of him so we can properly rebuild

But if we get rid of Marc we wouldn't even be competitive, and .... wait, never mind. We aren't now. 

These fake rallies we keep having are not convincing. So many times now the opponent has realized "oh, darn, we have to try again for a few minutes" and pop, we're down 10 again. 

I'm sure the league wouldn't like seeing us lose by 30 every night, but it might actually be easier to watch. 

When Conley returns, though, I agree we might need to move Evans so we don't win.  

Updated as of 12/13/2017 - slowly closing in

Atlanta---------------21-6----------------0.0

Chicago-------------20-7----------------1.0

Memphis---------20-8-----------------1.5

Dallas-----------------20-8----------------1.5

Phoenix--------------21-9----------------1.5

Sacramento------18-9-----------------3.0

Charlotte----------17-10----------------4.0

Phoenix making a huge push having lost 5 in a row! Chicago trying work their way out of the top few spots. 

Tonight's action: Pistons/Hawks, Kings/Wolves, Mavs/Warriors

35 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

Updated as of 12/13/2017 - slowly closing in

Atlanta---------------21-6----------------0.0

Chicago-------------20-7----------------1.0

Memphis---------20-8-----------------1.5

Dallas-----------------20-8----------------1.5

Phoenix--------------21-9----------------1.5

Sacramento------18-9-----------------3.0

Charlotte----------17-10----------------4.0

Phoenix making a huge push having lost 5 in a row! Chicago trying work their way out of the top few spots. 

Tonight's action: Pistons/Hawks, Kings/Wolves, Mavs/Warriors

Grizz on fire right now.

Don't get your hopes up too high.  I'm sure I don't need to remind anyone that having the worst record is no guarantee of getting the first over all pick, or the second, or even third, and Memphis has never been too lucky.

17 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Don't get your hopes up too high.  I'm sure I don't need to remind anyone that having the worst record is no guarantee of getting the first over all pick, or the second, or even third, and Memphis has never been too lucky.

Dude, the thread title and OP says it all. Its a bunch of people in here hoping for the worst record they can get which gives them the highest odds for a better pick. We all know about the lottery process and its no guarantee. Who cares about the Grizzlies past luck?

If being a lottery hopeful aint your cup of tea then why even open the thread or respond?

2 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Dude, the thread title and OP says it all. Its a bunch of people in here hoping for the worst record they can get which gives them the highest odds for a better pick. We all know about the lottery process and its no guarantee. Who cares about the Grizzlies past luck?

If being a lottery hopeful aint your cup of tea then why even open the thread or respond?

Don't get angry.  Sorry for raining on your parade.

51 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

At this point, I'll take a guaranteed top 4 pick.