Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

The grizzlies are on the verge of a championship: keep the faith

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, guillermo said:

See the source image

 

Congrats. Your team is 13th in the WC; and 26th in average attendance in the NBA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2017 at 1:48 PM, Kevin B Moses said:

It probably won't be this year. But next year I could see it happening. Here are the steps the grizzlies need to do.

  1. Resign Tyreke. This is critical.
  2. Wave or get rid of Chalmers, Wright, Benmac. 
  3. Upgrade Ennis.
  4. Find a rebounder.
  5. Unleash Jamychal.
  6. Stay Healthy.
  7. Work on chemistry.
  8. Better game plans.
  9. Only let Tyreke play backup point.
  10. Keep Marc.

Here is the thing. The grizzlies have the makings of a great offense.

Put Brooks and Parsons on the left and right wings and Jam down low doing his Zbo impression, now Mike has options. There are no weaknesses that I can see on offense. The biggest problem is not playing enough together to develop it.

Jam, to me, is the key to our offense becoming explosive. The only real weakness in this lineup is Parson's lack of defense. If we upgrade ennis to an athletic 3 that can erase defensive mistakes it will most likely cost us in the pure shooting that Parsons brings. Brooks is a good, smart defender, and Jam is also very solid, but beyond that: Marc is only able to protect the paint and he is a great general out there, but that's it. Playing parsons at pf doesn't do Jam any favors, who I believe is a 15 to 17 point scorer in the league.

The grizzlies have a great 6th man in Tyreke, and I have hope that Deyonta Davis can develop sooner rather than later.

Probably the biggest need that this team has is a young athletic 3 that can defend like Tony Allen. They also have a lot of players that are confusing the direction this team should go: benmac is worthless and is only getting in the way of brooks, same goes for wright and dede davis. Ennis is not good enough to play the key role for defense.

If the grizzlies had time playing together, plus another year of Deyonta and Brooks developing, and a nice rebounder, this team could be a 60 win team.

 

There are a lot of reasons why they aren't that now, but to me, this team only lacks that one lockdown defender which they need to get in the draft this year with a midround pick.

how much MONEY  you to want to bet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2017 at 2:51 PM, Dwash said:

Fans from other teams read these boards and threads like this embarrass everyone here.

 

The number of fans from other teams that read a Grizzlies message board has to be very small. And that only includes if there is a playoff series involved.  
Grizzlies fans hardly check this message board.

 

There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arre

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

 

The number of fans from other teams that read a Grizzlies message board has to be very small. And that only includes if there is a playoff series involved.  
Grizzlies fans hardly check this message board.

 

There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arre

 

I check other message boards for potential trade news and who is rumored to be available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Grizzlies suck so much I haven’t checked the board in weeks and doubt I’ll be checking it again anytime soon.

 I can’t watch games anymore. The fight (grit & grind) whatever you want to call it is gone. It’s no fun. They blow leads to the point where its predictable.

I’ve officially checked out on the Grizzlies and Tigers until further notice. Too many bad decisions. They both need to put a better product on the court.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Michael D said:

The Grizzlies suck so much I haven’t checked the board in weeks and doubt I’ll be checking it again anytime soon.

 I can’t watch games anymore. The fight (grit & grind) whatever you want to call it is gone. It’s no fun. They blow leads to the point where its predictable.

I’ve officially checked out on the Grizzlies and Tigers until further notice. Too many bad decisions. They both need to put a better product on the court.

Fair weather fan. Grizz suck right now but their still my team. Where you around before the grit and grind era?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Allen said:

Fair weather fan. Grizz suck right now but their still my team. Where you around before the grit and grind era?

I don't think he's saying just the talent level of grit and grind but the mindset.  This team quits, they whine. They don't fight. We've had a team that only was able to suit 8 guys that would play harder.

Makes it pretty hard to support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still believe that this team with the right vison, healthy bodies, a great draft pick could make a dramatic turnaround next year.

This team has a lot of pieces, either not being used properly or hurt and some good younger talent. I feel optimistic about it, but my only concern is how much mike affects the grizzlies draft position once he comes back. We don't need any setbacks to tanking.

Trading Tyreke and Jamychal would help. I do think that Jamychal has some draft significant trade value and Tyreke as well.

My dream scenario would be to trade Jam and draft Jaren Jackson to replace him. Get a couple of low first round picks for these guys and basically reset with a coach that will bring in a better system and develop chemistry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Allen said:

Fair weather fan. Grizz suck right now but their still my team. Where you around before the grit and grind era?

Yeah I bet he was rah rah at the beginning of the year talking about other folks negativity. They made all of these bad decisions years ago while they were winning and folks like this didnt care. They said everyone who criticized the FO and said that these decisions would eventually take them down them were just looking to complain. Now they want to give up and turn off the TV cause they suck. They were eventually going to suck anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've pretty much stopped my activity in the forums, especially since the whole Fizdale fiasco. It was either that or end up blocking half the posters.

But I keep watching the games, and although my brain keeps telling me the best that could happen at this point is to stay at the bottom and grab a top pick, I can't help but root for a win every game.

Bottom line, if you're not a fan during the rough patches, you're not a fan at all.

Now back to lurking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

I've pretty much stopped my activity in the forums, especially since the whole Fizdale fiasco. It was either that or end up blocking half the posters.

But I keep watching the games, and although my brain keeps telling me the best that could happen at this point is to stay at the bottom and grab a top pick, I can't help but root for a win every game.

Bottom line, if you're not a fan during the rough patches, you're not a fan at all.

Now back to lurking.

I wondered why you had disappeared.  This has been a tough season.  I expected it to be tough though, but your level-headed, informed posting has been missed around here.  With some of the deals that have been proposed lately, I had hoped you would you would set us all straight with your knowledge of the CBA.  The boards have become pretty wretched since the team's fall.

I wholeheartedly agree with the highlighted statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

best way for the grizzlies to win a title is 1. sell team to bill gates   2. move team to seattle  3. bring in top f.a 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2017 at 4:18 PM, BigHunkALove said:

Maybe but its a lot more tolerable than someone spending 98% of over 2000 posts with a constant negative diatribe about Marc Gasol.

THAT is a drag and boring!

Sure, whereas constant whining about Parsons is Just Fine. SMH. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lions said:

best way for the grizzlies to win a title is 1. sell team to bill gates   2. move team to seattle  3. bring in top f.a 

^^ THIS  ^^   If they move to Seattle #3 will be easier to do than staying in a market as putrid as Memphis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, scooter said:

^^ THIS  ^^   If they move to Seattle #3 will be easier to do than staying in a market as putrid as Memphis.

Yawn.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

memphis never get the top n.b.a players harden, paul, james. K.D .they cannot pay them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the losing is rough

Id be much happier if we just put a basic playoff team on the court like we used to have.

the thought of 'rebuild to win championship" seems laughable and naïve tbh

but the thought of landing one of these top picks in this upcoming draft is thrilling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lions said:

memphis never get the top n.b.a players harden, paul, james. K.D .they cannot pay them

This is the stupidest thing I have ever read on this board, and that includes all of KBM's posts. Just last summer they signed Mike Conley to what was the largest contract in NBA history at the time. But they can't afford to pay stars???? That is moronic. They may not attract stars because of the size of the city. They may not be able to keep a star if they ever get one. But to say they can't afford to pay them? That is stupid. If the Grizzlies had any of the players you listed they would offer a max contract immediately. They have done so with two guys who aren't even on those stars' level when they resigned Marc and then Mike. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this