Sign in to follow this  
LuvThem Grizzlies

Something sure looks funny to me

9 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I don't think they have to shoot 50% every game, something around 40 would be really nice. I'm concerned with McLemore, I don't see him getting good control of the ball.

Yeh. For everyone who questioned/criticized the McLemore signing - YOU WERE RIGHT!

No handles. Not much consistency in anything. Dude's confidence just looks shook out there every night. I also don't think that going from playing with Reke in Sac to playing with Reke in Mem is doing him any favors. However, no excuses he has been a pretty big disappointment as our "big free agent signing" this offseason. 

47 minutes ago, SC Grizz said:

Yeh. For everyone who questioned/criticized the McLemore signing - YOU WERE RIGHT!

No handles. Not much consistency in anything. Dude's confidence just looks shook out there every night. I also don't think that going from playing with Reke in Sac to playing with Reke in Mem is doing him any favors. However, no excuses he has been a pretty big disappointment as our "big free agent signing" this offseason. 

Yeah I would have loved to see the look on his face after Tyreke signed in Memphis.

On 11/30/2017 at 2:26 PM, chipc3 said:

That's probably because San Antonio was double and triple teaming Gasol inside so everyone else had super nice looks from outside. I don't believe you should put too much stake into one game. If this continues to be a trend then maybe it means something. Until then it's just a statistical outlier that can easily be explained by seeing how the Spurs were collapsing on Gasol. 

Agreed- but there was a fundamental shift moving Gasol closer to the basket which in theory could have opened up the space which led to better shooting. Lets see if it continues.  

6 minutes ago, Memphisyank said:

Agreed- but there was a fundamental shift moving Gasol closer to the basket which in theory could have opened up the space which led to better shooting. Lets see if it continues.  

Actually this was what I was thinking 

36 minutes ago, Memphisyank said:

Yeah I have always felt that he should be closer to the basket. A high usage stretch big who cant put it on the floor and doesnt have a particularly fast gather/release on his shot makes the offense a tad predictable and easy to guard. If the ball goes back to him and the other team manages to close out it kinda kills the play because he cant do anything with it. Its basically starting the play over with 8-12 secs on the clock.

3 hours ago, Dwash said:

Yeah I have always felt that he should be closer to the basket. A high usage stretch big who cant put it on the floor and doesnt have a particularly fast gather/release on his shot makes the offense a tad predictable and easy to guard. If the ball goes back to him and the other team manages to close out it kinda kills the play because he cant do anything with it. Its basically starting the play over with 8-12 secs on the clock.

It worked when Zbo was in the paint. Now you have a drive and kick offense without drive and kick shooters.