Sign in to follow this  
New_Sacred_Cow

Memphis @ Los Angeles Lakers 11/05/17

I think the issue with Marc is the relative lack of depth in the frontcourt: JaM is out, Jarell is often in foul trouble, Parsons is on a minute restriction, David is not playing and Wright has been sharing the court with him. He was in great shape at the beginning of the season, but I don't think the original plan was to have Marc playing almost 35 minutes a night this early in the season and he's suffering as a result.

I'd be all for giving him a rest, but I'd prefer to cut down his minutes and give Davis some burn.

26 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

I think the issue with Marc is the relative lack of depth in the frontcourt: JaM is out, Jarell is often in foul trouble, Parsons is on a minute restriction, David is not playing and Wright has been sharing the court with him. He was in great shape at the beginning of the season, but I don't think the original plan was to have Marc playing almost 35 minutes a night this early in the season and he's suffering as a result.

I'd be all for giving him a rest, but I'd prefer to cut down his minutes and give Davis some burn.

Or Rabb.  He is a rebounder and a face-up guy.  We should see if he can be a small ball 5 for us.  Our rebounding (outside of Marc, even he is not that great some nights) is atrocious or at least that is how I feel about it.

Sometimes when Parsons is not active and Mario doesn't have it, we should go with a second unit of Harrison, Tyreke, J Mart, Rabb, and Wright.  I would like to get Kobi Simmons some minutes, since with a Tyreke-led second unit we can just use Kobi as a speedster.  Kobi, Tyreke, Parsons, with two of J Mart, Rabb, Wright, as our main second unit would give us some more quickness.

I would put Davis on the The Hustle.  He needs to put up some good stats to get his confidence up.  Also needs more reps.  

Then we have to hope that either McLemore or Selden is ready soon (and in tip-top shape).  

Other than that, I don't want any player on this team playing more than 28-30 minutes a night, Conley included.  Tyreke/Parsons/Wright should be closer to 20 minutes a night than 25-30.  Mario Chalmers: 10 to 15 a night tops, even then he probably needs a night off every now and then.  Dillon Brooks looks to be our starting 2 guard by default (until Selden or McLemore gets back).  Harrison is not as abysmal as some think... I would try to get him some minutes with the starters, or in the second unit instead of Chalmers (if Kobi Simmons is in the coach's dog house or something).  J Mart can use some burn as a big-ball 3 or a small ball 5.  With a Kobi Simmons out there pushing the pace, that could benefit J Mart.  Kobi, Tyreke, Harrison, J Mart, and Wright could be more of an up-tempo second shift, and would provide a nice change of pace from the starters.  

If J Mart works better off the bench, I would try Rabb as our starting power forward. If all we are gonna get out of a starting J Mart is 4 boards and four fouls a night, then I think Rabb can accomplish that.  Rabb is also taller and longer than J Mart.  

I like Brooks starting, but he plays better as a 3 than a 2 on offense.  I would rather have him roaming the baseline, slashing, and posting up smaller wings than standing out at the 3 point line.  We can let Ennis spot up for 3's in the corner and crash the glass.  

2 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

You have much higher hopes for McLemore than I do. I don't see him getting us 15 ppg. As a matter of fact, I think he may turn out to be the one who's not producing much, but that's just me. I wouldn't be surprised if Selden displaces him.  I wouldn't put Tyreke in the starting lineup but I would find a way to get Parsons in it if he's healthy. I think he thrives off of ball movement and would work really well with Marc and Mike and finding JaM for lobs. Between JaM and Parsons, not sure who would play the 3 or the 4, it may be based on matchups. I think you need 3 scorers in your starting lineup, right now we just have 2. It may change after McLemore, Selden and JaM get back but I would seriously figure out a way to play Chancun and JaM together as starters.

How many passes did you see Conley make to Tyreke last night? Ball movement on the starting unit isn't nearly as good as it is on the 2nd 1. I don't call yo-yoing between M&M as ball movement.

2 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

How many passes did you see Conley make to Tyreke last night? Ball movement on the starting unit isn't nearly as good as it is on the 2nd 1. I don't call yo-yoing between M&M as ball movement.

An argument could be made that ball movement has slowed down dramatically from the first few games of late on both the first and second teams. 

6 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

A very good argument could be made that ball movement is better on the 2nd unit than it is on the 1st 1.

Lol, tyreke to the left, tyreke to the right. There is no ball movement.

20 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Since when has  Conley had B2B games where he shot 60% or better? I wonder if Conley has ever had a 60% game.

Are we talking ball movement or shooting percentage?

55 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Since when has  Conley had B2B games where he shot 60% or better? I wonder if Conley has ever had a 60% game.

9 times last season

Didn't check prior seasons.

On 11/5/2017 at 9:43 PM, smit-tay griz said:

I really can't believe that Harrison's presence caused everyone to miss their assignment.

It's true.  His presence is like the opposite of Thabeet's Presence. 

16 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

16 hours ago, chipc3 said:

An argument could be made that ball movement has slowed down dramatically from the first few games of late on both the first and second teams. 

Welp, I believe Parsons would help with the ball movement. The first unit has not been good this year. We're near the bottom of the league in assists so yes they can improve, I believe having Parsons playing with Gasol and Conley could help ball movement. I do believe starting Harrison and Martin has affected those things. on the flip side, we are averaging the least turnovers of any team.  

1 hour ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

You gotta a link for them?

Actually, I think Grizz1016 shorted Mike a few.  I counted 14.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/conlemi01/gamelog/2017

Nov 16, 16 - .750

Dec 26, 16 - .750

Dec 31, 16 - .727

Jan 28, 17 - .643

Jan 30, 17 - .667

Feb 8, 17 - .700

Feb 13, 17 - .625

Mar 3, 17 - .600

Mar 6, 17 - .600

Mar 15, 17 - .667

Mar 26, 17 - .600

Mar 29, 17 - .619

Apr 7, 17 - .706

Apr 9, 17 - .625

He additionally had another 15 over .500 but I guess you think that's a bad shooting percentage for a guard.  I find your unreasonable bias against Mike puzzling.

47 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I only saw 1.

But I missed 1.

The 2nd part of your statement was “i wonder if Conley ever had a 60% game.” He has had plenty.

6 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Actually, I think Grizz1016 shorted Mike a few.  I counted 14.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/conlemi01/gamelog/2017

Nov 16, 16 - .750

Dec 26, 16 - .750

Dec 31, 16 - .727

Jan 28, 17 - .643

Jan 30, 17 - .667

Feb 8, 17 - .700

Feb 13, 17 - .625

Mar 3, 17 - .600

Mar 6, 17 - .600

Mar 15, 17 - .667

Mar 26, 17 - .600

Mar 29, 17 - .619

Apr 7, 17 - .706

Apr 9, 17 - .625

He additionally had another 15 over .500 but I guess you think that's a bad shooting percentage for a guard.  I find your unreasonable bias against Mike puzzling.

I remember Mike being super hot during March.

That's why it's a bit surprising Mike's current form, he must be injured or needs a haircut.

2 hours ago, grizz1016 said:

The 2nd part of your statement was “i wonder if Conley ever had a 60% game.” He has had plenty.

Take THAT for data LOL