Sign in to follow this  
They Call Me Mr. Klondike

How About The Football Tigers

i didn't go there so I never really followed the FB team and unlike the basketball team, they have a long history of being outright horrible but I think they are in their best 4 year stretch in school history. They are ranked #21 in the Coaches poll and #22 in the AP poll. Good times and fun team to watch.

Unfortunately the big rumor is that Norvell is the lead target for Florida as head coach and Ferguson is a senior. I hope they win out and make a splash. They've hired two good coaches in a row so who knows, the third time may be a charmer where they can hire a keeper. 

I don't know if the Tigers want to hire a keeper. They want to hire coaches who continually improve the team and by default become targets of bigger schools. 

So they're supposed to hire perpetual losers? LOL. They tried that with Larry Porter. 

The system is totally unfair to teams outside of the P5 (with the exception of ND) and they will not be able to compete in the next 10 years if this trend continues. The revenue gaps between the P5 and the G5 is too hard to overcome. 

I've been saying for years that they need to have semi-pro/farm teams for basketball and football and get it away from universities. it's ridiculous. 

Yay, Norvell is sticking around a little longer.

I think he did the smart thing.  Arkansas is not going to be competing for anything in the foreseeable future.  Don't make the jump to the P5 just to make the jump, wait for the right job to come along.  I was more worried that A-State may want to make a run at bringing him back.

In my mind, his best job would be the Missouri job, if that were to open in the next couple of years.  Keeps him close to his prime recruiting territory while allowing him to compete in the SEC East.  We'll see if they can win again next year now that their O.C. is the new guy at UCF.

Not that I'm in any hurry to see him leave.