19 minutes ago, Crizzle said:

To tell the truth, I'm liking everyone less by the day. Does Bagley have any isolation skills outside of 7 feet? I haven't watched a ton of his games. Like can he put the ball on the floor or is he like Rudy gay and dribbles it off his feet? 

Bagley is a big man who can hit the outside set shot but you can't expect someone 6-11 to dribble and create his own shots on the perimeter. 

I'm really talking about his midrange game. I know he can hit a set 3, but can he score outside of the paint in the midrange? He only attempts one 3 a game, and when I have seen him score its in the paint and mostly garbage points. I don't think he will have an easy time taking his man in the paint at the next level. But please, tell me otherwise. I would love a glimmer of hope. The responses are seriously making me feel more positive 

This breakdown is from before college but still interesting 

I liked him at first but then soured on him but now I’m coming back around. I wish college players would stay in school for a couple years. Bagley would be a beast if he came out after his junior year

12 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I think Bagley could be a Ant Davis type of player. He was a garbage man in college too.

Davis had gaurd skills coming into college though 

5 minutes ago, Crizzle said:

Bagley has guard skills

27 minutes ago, Crizzle said:

They say Davis used to be a guard and grew but its not like he is a true perimeter player or something. He really isnt a great one on one player right now and does a lot of lob catching, set shooting and one or two dribble pullups to get his points. 

In a perfect world I'm imagining him being a super big 3 instead of a 4 or 5. I'm setting my wishes way too high on him. I did this to myself. But everyone is making me feel much better about him 

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

I think Bagley could be a Ant Davis type of player. He was a garbage man in college too.

Sign me up for that!    That's why i am slowly returning to wanting him.  

1 hour ago, Crizzle said:

In a perfect world I'm imagining him being a super big 3 instead of a 4 or 5. I'm setting my wishes way too high on him. I did this to myself. But everyone is making me feel much better about him 

I actually like him the least at 4. Mainly because I think Marc is a secondary rebounder now, and is better off in the mid-post/high post and even shooting the 3 from time to time. Then I want Bagley III (or whichever other big man) right under the basket for lobs, put backs, and short flip shots in the paint.  I would do the same with Ayton, JJJ, and Bamba.  Marc Gasol is a Nikola Jokic type put not the lob threat, not as much of a rim protector now, if Marc EVER was.  Marc is my power forward next year.  I think he needs to play around whoever we get.  Let him do his high post stuff, his passing, solid team defense, and boxing out.  

Jam Green will be our ideal 3rd big, with either Rabb or J Mart being our other "big" in our smaller, quicker second unit rotations.

So, if Marc is our Jokic, then what kid of big would you put next to Jokic? You would go with a Rudy Gobert type right? So, get a guy like that, or a guy like Anthony Davis (even if he doesn't have that kind of upside).  

Marc Gasol's skill set has always been that off a bigger, more talented (offensively) Draymond Green. Then like a Nikola Jokic. Put him in a position to really help us win. Utilize his strengths then get a big man to cover up Marc's weaknesses.  We need to COMPLEMENT Marc inside.  

I can see JJJ, Bamba, and Bagley getting drafted anywhere from 2 to 6 or 7.  We might not sort this thing out until draft night.  Young will probably be gone by 10. Same with Mikal. Same with Porter, Jr. with him probably ending up in the top 5.  With Doncic, depends on who loves him, I can see a team trading up to get him.  

Bagley might have some bust potential but I think his floor is pretty high, if only for his rebounding, motor, lob finishing skills.  I think he has a SOFT touch although he might be more of a 15 foot and in shooter instead of a 3 point shooter.  But, you take that.  

I am also thinking about who I want at 32, or at least in the 2nd round if we trade down.

I kinda want to trade down and pick up some extra picks.  We will have a full roster for next year, but we probably won't have our first rounder next season. So we are kinda drafting for the next TWO seasons.

So, if we can move down for 32 and get three 2nd rounders out of it, then we get the BPA, plus the two best "stash" guys in the draft. If that is LiAngelo Ball in that category, so be it.  I think he can be a Troy Daniels type at some point down the road.  Then get the best Euro stash guy.  Keep him there until we need him.

I was thinking about drafting TWO small forward types and see which one can compete for a 2 way G League contract.  

This guy is not 6'8, but at 6'6 I liked Theo Pinson's college high lights with his team work, 3 point shooting, and passing.  Combine that with his freakish athletic plays in HS and you have a really good role player for years.  I think he got hurt, right? Did that totally take away his explosiveness? Maybe he put on too much bulk...

Now, if we could get the BEST of his college stuff with his HS stuff then we could end up with a 2nd round steal.

Probably not ideal size for a starting 3 but off the bench, 6'6 should work.  

I wanna see what the Greek Freak's bro can do.  If we can get him to accept a G League deal then we should look at him then have him audition as our backup small forward.  

If we can't get both I would have Kostas Freak go one-on-one against Theo Pinson in workouts and see who the best guy is.  I am assuming we will look at a bunch of other guys, too.

My top "2nd round types" are moving up, so the only way I keep the pick would be to move up IF a guy like Miles Bridges falls. Miles could be the guy everyone kinda likes but nobody falls in love with.  For us, I think he would be a perfect fit as a jack-of-all-trades athletic combo forward.  He might even be the guy with the most potential to guard all 5 spots.  Maybe you can get away with him as a small ball five, in ultra-small lineups.  

Yeah, I think I am using that 32nd pick to either trade UP or to trade DOWN (picking up extra second rounders).

I will update the rest of my 2nd Round Power Poll (top 10 or 15) later.

2 hours ago, Allen said:

I liked him at first but then soured on him but now I’m coming back around. I wish college players would stay in school for a couple years. Bagley would be a beast if he came out after his junior year

You gonna have to make up your mind, cut this waffling back and forth out., that's no way for a GM to be talking. ;) He's your man, who you talking about here?

2 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

I am also thinking about who I want at 32, or at least in the 2nd round if we trade down.

I kinda want to trade down and pick up some extra picks.  We will have a full roster for next year, but we probably won't have our first rounder next season. So we are kinda drafting for the next TWO seasons.

So, if we can move down for 32 and get three 2nd rounders out of it, then we get the BPA, plus the two best "stash" guys in the draft. If that is LiAngelo Ball in that category, so be it.  I think he can be a Troy Daniels type at some point down the road.  Then get the best Euro stash guy.  Keep him there until we need him.

I was thinking about drafting TWO small forward types and see which one can compete for a 2 way G League contract.  

This guy is not 6'8, but at 6'6 I liked Theo Pinson's college high lights with his team work, 3 point shooting, and passing.  Combine that with his freakish athletic plays in HS and you have a really good role player for years.  I think he got hurt, right? Did that totally take away his explosiveness? Maybe he put on too much bulk...

Now, if we could get the BEST of his college stuff with his HS stuff then we could end up with a 2nd round steal.

Probably not ideal size for a starting 3 but off the bench, 6'6 should work.  

I wanna see what the Greek Freak's bro can do.  If we can get him to accept a G League deal then we should look at him then have him audition as our backup small forward.  

If we can't get both I would have Kostas Freak go one-on-one against Theo Pinson in workouts and see who the best guy is.  I am assuming we will look at a bunch of other guys, too.

My top "2nd round types" are moving up, so the only way I keep the pick would be to move up IF a guy like Miles Bridges falls. Miles could be the guy everyone kinda likes but nobody falls in love with.  For us, I think he would be a perfect fit as a jack-of-all-trades athletic combo forward.  He might even be the guy with the most potential to guard all 5 spots.  Maybe you can get away with him as a small ball five, in ultra-small lineups.  

Yeah, I think I am using that 32nd pick to either trade UP or to trade DOWN (picking up extra second rounders).

I will update the rest of my 2nd Round Power Poll (top 10 or 15) later.

I'm not drafting based on who will fit best with a 33 yr old player 

41 minutes ago, Crizzle said:

I'm not drafting based on who will fit best with a 33 yr old player 

In the lotto I would go with the best guy on the board.

Although at 32 I think we should go with a guy who fits and gives us a skill set we could use right away.

I think we WILL look at players who "fit in" with Marc and Mike even though it probably doesn't make much sense.  Mike should be able to play with anybody (unless Trae or Sexton move into the top 5).  We have Marc as a big and we might be drafting a big but we gotta tell Marc to help the rookie out and work around him.  If we get Bagley I am not sure who guards who, but I want Bagley right under the basket with Marc in his high post spot wheeling and dealing.  

So, doesn't that make Marc a 4?

If we draft a center then Marc just has to man up and help the new kid out.  

Every pick should be best player available. Most second round picks don't make it. Of the ones that do, most are not huge contributors immediately. You don't know what your team will look like in 3 years when those players begin to really hit their stride. So don't draft trying to fit in with who you currently have. Draft the best player available.

11 hours ago, Crizzle said:

I think if you evaluate Bagley as a big with perimeter skills (ala Ben Simmons), you will be underwhelmed with him.  If you look at him as a dynamic 5, that can: grab and go, beat his man down court, finish, spread the floor with above average handles for a 5, then he will grade much higher for you.

Watching playoff games is very educational when evaluating these guys.  I can imagine Bagley surrounded by 4 shooters/creators and having other NBA 5s trying to check him 1 on 1.  Because he will get stronger.  Now I can see why DWash has been consistently so high on him.  Dude was the best player in his class over Zion/RJ Barret/Cam Reddish for the last 3-4 years, reclassified up and was still the best in his class again.  That is no small feat. Plus he was productive as heck in college.  Should be getting consideration at #1 along with Ayton, Doncic and Porter. 

11 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Sign me up for that!    That's why i am slowly returning to wanting him.  

Yeah, I think we all desperately want a wing creator because we have never really had one.  However, this draft doesn't really have any elite wing creators.

3 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Yeah, I think we all desperately want a wing creator because we have never really had one.  However, this draft doesn't really have any elite wing creators.

isn't Doncic supposed to be an elite wing creator?

4 hours ago, guillermo said:

isn't Doncic supposed to be an elite wing creator?

No. Doncic is a play-maker who can hit shots, drive some and dish like a point guard. He isn’t someone who creates by himself on the wing however. He’s more of a pick and pop type of scorer.

22 hours ago, Allen said:

This breakdown is from before college but still interesting 

NICE!