On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:08 PM, dy_dy_dynomite said:

Rui Hachimura, Kevin Knox or Killian Tillie are players to keep a eye on if we are in the lottery

I like all three of those players for this team. 

I saw the USC Trojans (no puns please) the other night.  The twin towers of Boatwright and Metu were pretty good.  Different style players.  The PG hit for 35 points and kept them in the game as Vandy was ahead most of the night.  Boatwright didn't play much inside, he would be more of a 3 in the NBA and Metu was a slashing stretch4 predicted to go pretty high in the draft.  I'm not sure if the PAC12 is less physical than the SEC but the Vandy center from Haiti that is built like Dwight Howard had a better game against Metu and Boatwright than he has had against scrubs.

Is it time for me to starting posting picture of prospects again?

If this season completely bombs and we end up with a top pick should we try to build around Mike, Gasol and the pick or just scrap everything and build around the pick?

26 minutes ago, Allen said:

Is it time for me to starting posting picture of prospects again?

There's a blast from the past idea!

52 minutes ago, Allen said:

If this season completely bombs and we end up with a top pick should we try to build around Mike, Gasol and the pick or just scrap everything and build around the pick?

I would say scrap everything but since we owe Boston our pick after this year it might be a good idea to hope we hit on our pick and keep building around those three until we've gotten out of all pick debt.

11 hours ago, Allen said:

Right now the grizzlies don't have any direction thanks to Fizdale, it'd be real dangerous to start making assumptions about what they need. My first thought would be to trade Tyreke for a first round pick, but the problem is that Gasol and Mike aren't getting any younger.

The thing is Dillon Brooks is going to be huge in 2 more years, and the grizzlies have some older players coming around: Jam and Parsons.

If you told me at the beginning of the seasons we would be getting this kind of production from these players: Tyreke, 18 points, parsons over 40% from 3, Jam playing well, I would assume we'd be a top 4 team.

This all comes down to Fizdale. Fizdale. Fizdale. 

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Right now the grizzlies don't have any direction thanks to Fizdale, it'd be real dangerous to start making assumptions about what they need. My first thought would be to trade Tyreke for a first round pick, but the problem is that Gasol and Mike aren't getting any younger.

The thing is Dillon Brooks is going to be huge in 2 more years, and the grizzlies have some older players coming around: Jam and Parsons.

If you told me at the beginning of the seasons we would be getting this kind of production from these players: Tyreke, 18 points, parsons over 40% from 3, Jam playing well, I would assume we'd be a top 4 team.

What makes you think a team would give up a first round pick for Tyreke? AT this point, i'm not sure if we would get a first round pick for Mike or Marc let alone Tyreke. Melo was a 10 time All-Star and he was traded for Enes Kanter, McDermott and a 2nd rounder. 

15 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

What makes you think a team would give up a first round pick for Tyreke? AT this point, i'm not sure if we would get a first round pick for Mike or Marc let alone Tyreke. Melo was a 10 time All-Star and he was traded for Enes Kanter, McDermott and a 2nd rounder. 

That nontrade clause is what hurt them from getting better prospects than that. That was all Melos doing.

4 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Well the drop off from MC has hurt and has Marios decline in three point shooting. 

For each person that has stepped up we have lost something from someone else. 

Marc is having a career year rebounding but his percentages are down shooting. I feel he’s rushing things in the post.

ennis has all but dissapeared.

we need rebounding big time. That would help a lot. A LOT. Communication defensively has had a big drop off as well.

so yes, while those players have done their job, the team as a whole is struggling. 

If the team isn't turned around by All Star break I say trade Marc for hopefully another first round pick or at least 1st round level talent. Draft Collin Sexton to replace Mike cause noone will give us anything decent for him and his contract.

Collin Sexton is my number one guy I'd pick him over all the big named guys ahead of him he is a gamer and he can carry a team.

If we get a second pick I want Graysen Allen from Duke I've watched him play big twice so far this year his shooting seems effortless and he's along the lines of DBrooks he knows how to play.

We have decent second round pics but I would only target upperclassmen similar to Brooks or foreign players to stash. Sexton is the main piece to build with then surround him with players that can contribute.

If we don't get Sexton then we need to get Trevon Duval out of Duke either way this draft needs to be centered around replacing Marc and Mike no more trying to build around them. I feel Marc can be traded for a decent haul but not Mike so we really need a pg this draft....

2 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

That nontrade clause is what hurt them from getting better prospects than that. That was all Melos doing.

First round draft picks aren't traded that often and when they are, they are usually either on draft day to move up or they are protected picks or the team is doing well so the pick is later in the draft and basically a second round pick anyway.  I just don't see Tyreke getting us a 1st round draft pick as KBM mentioned.

3 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Do you really think that Mike and Marc's value around the league is so low compared to their contract that they would not garner a first round pick?

The grizzlies have a first round pick for Jeff Green. Then They got a first round pick for him and born ready from clippers.

Rockets last year traded Corey Brewer for Lou Williams and a first round pick. That's why Tyreke would get a first round pick.

I know you aren't serious that we'd have to trade our first round pick just so somebody would take Marc or Mike off our hands. But I wouldn't put it past the board. I mean Marc and Mike only helped the grizzlies so to 7 straight playoffs, but there value is in the tank.

16 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Do you really think that Mike and Marc's value around the league is so low compared to their contract that they would not garner a first round pick?

The grizzlies have a first round pick for Jeff Green. Then They got a first round pick for him and born ready from clippers.

Rockets last year traded Corey Brewer for Lou Williams and a first round pick. That's why Tyreke would get a first round pick.

I know you aren't serious that we'd have to trade our first round pick just so somebody would take Marc or Mike off our hands. But I wouldn't put it past the board. I mean Marc and Mike only helped the grizzlies so to 7 straight playoffs, but there value is in the tank.

Marc could get you a low lottery pic from a team that has more than one I don't think Mike gets you a pick unless it's from the Spurs or another playoff team with a bad PG. We could probably get Reggie Jackson and a pick from Detroit for Mike 

5 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Bagley Bagley Bagley Bagley

Please tank

No way we get lucky enough to grab him

Gotta fire Wallace first though I kinda wish Kaplan was the owner cause he'd be paying more attention to the team and realize Wallace needs to go

I dont see Brooklyns pick being that good, but if we can get a late lottery pick...I love Lagerald Vick. Plus he got that North Memphis heart.

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

I dont see Brooklyns pick being that good, but if we can get a late lottery pick...I love Lagerald Vick. Plus he got that North Memphis heart.

I think the Cavs could use Conley more than Marc.  Although they could use BOTH.  Not that the money would work, but I would almost trade BOTH of those guys for the Nets pick, the Cavs pick (very late 20's), a future protected first rounder, Tristan Thompson, and some salary cap filler (Shump/JR Smith and D Rose).  Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans, Dillon Brooks/JR Smith, Chandler Parsons/Rabb/Deyonta Davis, and Tristan Thompson would win more games than this current group.