11 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Whoever said he was trash? I said last year that I thought he could develop into a decent backup. He is coming right along with that development. He still has his limitations though. He is a below average athlete. His shot release is slow. He does not make plays for others. However, he has good size for a PG. His shot is improving. Even so, let's not act like he is on the fast track to stardom. On a team with no other options someone has to score. Michael Carter Williams played at a much higher level during his rookie season than Harrison has this season. Anyone who actually watched MCW knew it was only a product of guy with the ball on a crap team. 

He is also 6'6, gets to the rim with ease, creates fouls, was #1 hs prospect for a reason, controls the basketball/doesn't turn it over, plays smart defense.

And no MCW didn't play better. MCW was brain-dead, but he had a lot of rope so he could take 15 shots a game even though he was terrible at making them. And he never improved. Harrison HAS improved. He has gotten better and better.

1 hour ago, Back2Grizzness said:

I agree for the most part...the one thing I’m nervous about having another pass first player. A team needs a dog that can take over. What will we have with Doncic and Gasol? Do they play too similar? 

That said, I slightly lean to Doncic over Ayton with the #1

no doubt, this team has needed an alpha scorer since the team moved to Memphis, but as you said yourself, there isn't a better option than Doncic

1 hour ago, Ace-is-high said:

no doubt, this team has needed an alpha scorer since the team moved to Memphis, but as you said yourself, there isn't a better option than Doncic

Where did the idea that Doncic isn't an alpha scorer come from? He's second top scorer in Europe at a clip of 25.5 per 36. What he isn't is a ball hog, that's all.

Just now, fanboyslim said:

Where did the idea that Doncic isn't an alpha scorer come from? He's second top scorer in Europe at a clip of 25.5 per 36. What he isn't is a ball hog, that's all.

I think its the ability to score in isolation situations against NBA caliber athletes that is in question.

Just now, fanboyslim said:

I think its the ability to score in isolation situations against NBA caliber athletes that is in question.

18 minutes ago, Dwash said:

The question (in this thread at least) was if he wouldn't be too similar to Gasol in always trying to pass first. He could not be more different from Marc in that regard.

What you point out about his ability to score in isolations is a valid criticism but it says nothing about his mentality.

4 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

The question (in this thread at least) was if he wouldn't be too similar to Gasol in always trying to pass first. He could not be more different to Marc in that regard.

What you point out about his ability to score in isolations is a valid criticism but it says nothing about his mentality.

In a way it does in a way it doesnt. I have always thought Marc's mentality was molded by his ability. When he is hot you cant tell him nothing. He is throwing up contested fadeaways and running hooks and everything he touches. I guess I think the whole mentality thing is overrated. Those who have buckets will be aggressive and dish out buckets 98% of the time. 

33 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Man, the motor on Marvin Bagley is insane. 

My head is telling me that Ayton is the better prospect, but when I watch both of them play I just can't help but want Bagley more. Out of all the prospects there is not a better fit for Memphis.

th?id=OIP.AiV6eLyFt8jrNfwqrhNl3QHaEc&pid

Tell me that's not the face of the Memphis Grizzlies.

2 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Man, the motor on Marvin Bagley is insane. 

Too bad the skillset is limited.  

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

My head is telling me that Ayton is the better prospect, but when I watch both of them play I just can't help but want Bagley more. Out of all the prospects there is not a better fit for Memphis.

You off the Doncic train?

2 hours ago, Parsons_Refund said:

Too bad the skillset is limited.  

You off the Doncic train?

Nah I've always liked Doncic the most but if I had to decide between Bagley and Ayton I'm having a tough time liking one over the other. But sometimes I also think about taking Doncic #1 and then Ayton ends up being David Robinson and that's scary as hell too. I don't know, it's impossible to make up your mind about these guys. That's why even the people who get paid to do it do such a terrible job.

But as long as we get Doncic, Bagley, Ayton, or Porter I'll be really happy.

Just. Keep. Losing.

Oh, and fire Wallace.

4 hours ago, Thomas said:

Nah I've always liked Doncic the most but if I had to decide between Bagley and Ayton I'm having a tough time liking one over the other. But sometimes I also think about taking Doncic #1 and then Ayton ends up being David Robinson and that's scary as hell too. I don't know, it's impossible to make up your mind about these guys. That's why even the people who get paid to do it do such a terrible job.

But as long as we get Doncic, Bagley, Ayton, or Porter I'll be really happy.

Just. Keep. Losing.

Oh, and fire Wallace.

I just have trouble taking a big over a guard in today's NBA.  A guard will always be more effective.  And he'll usually touch the ball every possession so his impact is magnified.  I really want Porter to show out and give us a reason to reach for him.  I'd love to have him.

1 hour ago, VikingWarrior said:

What will Porter play in the nba? SF?

doncic ? SG?

Porter will play injured reserve

13 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

I guess the idea hes a past first player is where the idea started, he could very well be the Alpha we've lacked (hope we find out)

2 hours ago, Parsons_Refund said:

I just have trouble taking a big over a guard in today's NBA.  A guard will always be more effective.  And he'll usually touch the ball every possession so his impact is magnified.  I really want Porter to show out and give us a reason to reach for him.  I'd love to have him.

That is my take as well.   I'd rather take a gamble on a perimeter player that can pass, shoot, and dribble over any of these Bigs.  To survive in the league now it is imperative to have multiple dynamic wings. 

16 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

He is also 6'6, gets to the rim with ease, creates fouls, was #1 hs prospect for a reason, controls the basketball/doesn't turn it over, plays smart defense.

And no MCW didn't play better. MCW was brain-dead, but he had a lot of rope so he could take 15 shots a game even though he was terrible at making them. And he never improved. Harrison HAS improved. He has gotten better and better.

So I say he has good size for a PG and your response is "he is also 6'6"?" Help me understand that. But I disagree with gets to the rim at ease. He always looks like he is struggling. He is OK at creating fouls, I'll give you that. Was the #1 high school prospect? Not sure he was, but let's talk about what that means. What has that meant for Jahlil Okafor, Nerlens Noel, Brandon Jennings, Gerald Green, or Dajuan Wagner? Which one of those guys are you building a franchise around? They were all number 1 in their high school class. "Plays smart defense?" Maybe. I don't know how you classify smart defense. But ESPN's and NBA.com's defensive metrics both have him as a negative on defense. 

You can say he is better than MCW because he shoots better. But MCW averaged more points per 40 minutes, had a higher rebound rate, had a higher assist rate,  and a better PER. Completely different styles. The only real similarity is they both got more opportunities than they should have because they were on the worst team in the league.

I'm sorry that this has turned into a Harrison bash fest because that is not what was intended. I think he is developing into a decent backup PG. I'm happy with his progress. I was just pointing out the lunacy of worrying about whether or not the draft pick fit with Harrison.

3 hours ago, VikingWarrior said:

What will Porter play in the nba? SF?

doncic ? SG?

I'd say both of them primarily SF but I imagine Doncic will play plenty at SG and Porter'll do well as a small ball 4. I think if we draft Porter/Doncic and another versatile guy in the 2nd round, like Robert Franks, we'll be pretty much set at the forward positions atleast. If everyone can stay healthy;

‎Brooks/Parsons/Franks‎
Porter/Green/‎Rabb/Martin

That depth would be nasty.‎

If we get the number one pick, I think I'm on all on board the Doncic train. If we get 2 however, I'm thinking about trading back a spot or two if I think we can grab Porter. This all depends on him being healthy and having good workouts of course. I think a team will definitely do something to grab Ayton in that scenario. I'm also starting to really like bamba. Him coming and being under Gasol for a year or two could be perfect while he polishes up his offense. The dudes measurables are just insane. Ayton is a beast, but I think having a big who can dominate on defense is more important than a physical beast in the post with a decent jumper. 

I agree with the idea of taking a wing player over a big but watching Ayton I think you have to take him if he is on the table. Ayton would automatically be in the group of KAT, Embiid, and Anthony Davis.

Doncic and Bagley to me are the safe picks. They could become something great but will be solid starters in the NBA at the minimum.

Young and Porter Jr. are still the wild cards to me.

This draft is tricky because there is no solid number 1 pick. Hopefully the tournament really clears a lot of this up.

Fvck the top of this draft really is meaty.  The drop off is pretty steep towards the middle of the lottery, but there are going to be some really  good nba players. You have 2 players who are almost sure bets to be really good if not great in Doncic and Ayton. Then you have guys that have already shown you what they can do but have huge potential. I really want a wing but the bigs all have huge potential. JJJ might not have as high of a ceiling but I also think he has a high floor. I think bamba and Bagley are the most intriguing because of how much room they have to improve. Both of them have good mechanics even if they aren't hitting at a high clip. Bagleys high motor makes me kind of scared to not draft him if we are in the 4-6 range. He could be a superstar if he improves his perimeter skills and actually learns how to play d. Bagley and Ayton are too ******* gifted athletically not to be above average defenders. 

Hypothetically, if we could somehow work out a way to trade #2 for a later pick if I think we can get Porter, I'm thinking about it. If I think we can get 4 or 5 and think we can get bamba(possibly Bagley) and another pick where we think we can grab miles bridges (maybe even Mikal) then I'm definitely thinking about it. If Trae Young starts dropping far enough then I'd try to gamble on him. Basically, if we don't draft Doncic, I'm very intrigued at the possibility of getting 2 good players 

Man, Doncic seems like the pick, but can we leave Ayton on the board if we are #2 and someone picks Doncic #1? 

I like the idea of trading down in that scenario, but if we try to get too fancy and don't get any of Doncic, Ayton, Porter or Bagley we will be kicking ourselves. And honestly, I don't think Bagley is a franchise-changing player like the other 3 listed above have the potential to be. Trey Young also might be someone the front office would look to draft in a trade-down scenario, but I think he'll just be more of a crowd-pleaser than superstar NBA player. 

Ayton is Embiid 2.0 and has more experience and polish than Embiid did with his injury. I also believe he could play alongside Gasol without issue. The more I watch him, the more he and Doncic pull away from the rest of this draft class into a tier of their own. 

14 hours ago, Thomas said:

Lol, we are evaluating a players facial expressions now??????

Bagley shoots 36% from three for the season. Tremendous potential to be a stretch four like Bosh in addition to his Amare like inside game.

26 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Bagley shoots 36% from three for the season. Tremendous potential to be a stretch four like Both in addition to his Amare like inside game.

Another thing I just read and didn't previously realize about Bagley is that he is only 18 years old and is a re-classified highschool senior. Still think he's a tier below Ayton/Doncic, but he should be our target if we don't get #1 or #2. 

EDIT - actually maybe 4th behind Porter Jr... That dude looks like a durant-like point forward from the limited film there is of him.