4 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

They gone find a way to sit tyreke for the rest of the year

If that's the case then I'm totally fine with holding onto him and giving yourself a better shot to keep him long term. We'll see.

7 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

They gone find a way to sit tyreke for the rest of the year

Then say goodbye to any chance of re-signing him. He might end up getting the MLE, but he'll try to get more than that for sure. And the only way to achieve that is playing.

I might see him coming back if he isn't offered more by other teams. If you sit him and ruin his chances of getting a better contract, I don't think he'll be all that willing to return to the team.

I wouldn't even mind it so much if the mystery moderator would have posted it somewhere else but I spent 30 minutes posting that only to see it vanish because some nobody poster says he has a problem with it. 

6 hours ago, Elillo said:

Then say goodbye to any chance of re-signing him. He might end up getting the MLE, but he'll try to get more than that for sure. And the only way to achieve that is playing.

I might see him coming back if he isn't offered more by other teams. If you sit him and ruin his chances of getting a better contract, I don't think he'll be all that willing to return to the team.

Agreed. The whole situation is nuts. They send him home on Jan 31st, basically telling the whole world that he was going to be traded by the deadline. They sent him home rather than allowing him to keep playing up until the deadline for 2 reasons:

1. To make sure that he didn't get injured somehow and tank his trade value.

2. Because it is clear that the franchise was wanting to tank and Tyreke was helping them win some games along the way (more games than they wanted to win). So, taking him off the court means they lose more games and improve their draft position.

Now, they basically are going to bring him back from his mini-vacation and play him, as if the events of the last 10 days never occurred. He's been capable enough that he's going to help the team win a few extra games these last 2 to 3 months. So, instead of picking in the top 5 (which feels like a certainty with Tyreke gone), they probably will pick 8th or 9th in the draft. They are holding onto Tyreke in a lost season because they believe it somehow gives them a slightly better chance to re-sign him in the offseason and, in doing so, have put themselves in a worse position for the upcoming draft.

I've enjoyed watching Tyreke this season; it has been nice to see him get healthy and have a bounce-back year. However, the Grizzlies need young, athletic impact players in the worst way (the kind you can get in the draft) more than they could ever need Tyreke to resign and the dysfunction and mismanagement in the franchise reached new levels with this  mess.

23 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I wouldn't even mind it so much if the mystery moderator would have posted it somewhere else but I spent 30 minutes posting that only to see it vanish because some nobody poster says he has a problem with it. 

"some nobody poster". lol really.

I do agree that your content should have been transferred to this thread.

15 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

"some nobody poster". lol really.

I do agree that your content should have been transferred to this thread.

Lol because I guess he thinks he is a somebody poster?

Hilarious.

Goodbye Bagley, Ayton, Doncic, Porter, Trey Young, Jackson

Hello Knox,  Shai Alexander, Robert Williams, Wendall Carter

16 minutes ago, Allen said:

Carter is underrated. But I feel you though.

1 hour ago, MemphisX said:

Miles Bridges is pretty good ?

Paul Pierce? He could fall like Pierce did also. Conversely, JJJr is not ready. He needs at least another year of college. However I still believe Bamba is better for our future. 

On 2/9/2018 at 11:09 AM, Allen said:

They will draft Sexton i remember reading they have been to a handful of his games....if the f up and fall out of the op five I think he's the pick

13 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Miles Bridges is pretty good ?

Nah he looks Soo much like a bust a guy with no position that tries to do too much

I like Knox but I think Chandler Hutchinson is either just as good if not better and he's a second round guy I want them to take Sexton and Hutchinson if they are gonna mess up their draft positioning

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:39 AM, WVgrizz said:

you guys need to watch this.. 

Sagaba Konate

like the kid, looks strong as an ox, wont be wearing number 50 around here though

1 hour ago, Ace-is-high said:

like the kid, looks strong as an ox, wont be wearing number 50 around here though

I agree, but being only a soph with a lot of development left..could be in for a look in the 2019 or 2020 draft.

Jevon Carter should be on our radar for a second round pick, the kid is grit and grind just like we are used to seeing (besides this year). His stats are impressive for a 6-2 pg as well. 17.2 ppg 5.0 rpg 6.7 apg and a whopping 3.2 steals per game. Has 298 career steals and counting...could fit in nicely behind Conley. 

On 2/9/2018 at 11:09 AM, Allen said:

Are you Chris Wallace?