The REF

Should Grizz Entertain Offers For Chandler Parson?

I don't think Parsons is in love with the game as much as the lifestyle. Not saying he isn't a good player, but over the years when he started getting paid more and more. More of him started coming out. Seems he craves attention. Just my view. But hey.....

Idk if he craves attention, but he definitely loves to party like a college kid

Honestly, if Chandler Parsons is still trying to get back to form come playoff time I hope they just sit him until next season.

I agree. His surgically repaired knee needs another year to improve to the point where it's not sore every other game.  The Grizz have a lot of money invested in him to risk possible further damage. He looks slow and seems to be struggling on offense and defense.

Both sides have spoken basically telling everyone else to stop taking everything so seriously.

Well yeah but people took it seriously, and who was made to look like a clown? its our guy lol

I agree. His surgically repaired knee needs another year to improve to the point where it's not sore every other game.  The Grizz have a lot of money invested in him to risk possible further damage. He looks slow and seems to be struggling on offense and defense.

Should've shut him down instead or play him in the D-league. Then field in Troy W imo

Honestly, if Chandler Parsons is still trying to get back to form come playoff time I hope they just sit him until next season.

I hope they make a decision sooner than that - like by AllStar break.  

Just count this season as a loss for him.   I initially his problem was all about getting back into game shape but it appears to be much more than that.    This looks like another Vince situation where it took him an entire season to heal properly.   The staff should go ahead and just shut him down and work on his conditioning or if he needs game reps get them in Iowa. 

Since it appears Wallace will never have the balls to trade Tony or Zbo.  Let this be their farewell tour.    Besides there currently aren't enough balls to go around to keep all-time high usage rate zbo, AllStar Gasol, and Steph Conley happy. :) 

At this point, we're better with him on the bench.  Until he proves the coaching staff otherwise, I think we need to sit him.  

Give his minutes to Troy Daniels.

I don't understand why Fizdale continues to trot out Chandler with the starting unit instead of having him come off the bench. 

I don't understand why Fizdale continues to trot out Chandler with the starting unit instead of having him come off the bench. 

I think it's because Parsons doesn't fit with the bench unit as well as the starting unit, not to mention how that might hurt his psyche  ;)

Well having Parsons with TA is too much ball stoppage and they have just about no chemistry.

Having Parsons in with Harrison is just too slow.

I didn't mind the lineup of Conley Parsons Vince Zbo Green. It seemed to work okay.

Well having Parsons with TA is too much ball stoppage and they have just about no chemistry.

Having Parsons in with Harrison is just too slow.

I didn't mind the lineup of Conley Parsons Vince Zbo Green. It seemed to work okay.

He works better with Ennis too. 

I know we are stuck with him. I think we should bench and him and go all in next season.

I've seen senior citizens in wheel chairs turn faster than Parsons can

I haven't honestly but I haven't seen too many senior citizens play in the NBA so I could be wrong. 

If he isnt making progress by the ASB or just after, then shut him down and let him get his knee completely right and try it again next year, but dont trade him.  No one is going to give much for him and if he were to get back to being close to the Parsons we saw in HOU, the Grizzlies would desperately need him and they would have him under contract for 3 more years.  

Its not like other players who can get max offers (notice I didnt say max player but merely players who can get max offers) are beating the Grizzlies' door down to try and sign with us.  We need to give it at least one more year.

How many games were you guys going to give chandler before declaring him a bust? It's pretty ridiculous. It reminds me of last year when at the first sign that anything could be wrong with the grizzlies, all the sudden the team is done.

Dude it has been 21 games, parsons is still on minute restriction. It's going to take time. 

Also, you guys realize (at least I hope) that the grizzlies aren't judging his production, like that is not even a factor for him getting more minutes, right? I keep hearing, well let's give him a few more games if he can't get it, shut him down. A few more games for what? The grizzlies are only concerned about getting the knee stronger, period. They aren't concerned about what he is doing with those minutes and they certainly aren't using his stats to make evaluations if he is ready or not.   

How many games were you guys going to give chandler before declaring him a bust? It's pretty ridiculous. It reminds me of last year when at the first sign that anything could be wrong with the grizzlies, all the sudden the team is done.

Dude it has been 21 games, parsons is still on minute restriction. It's going to take time. 

Also, you guys realize (at least I hope) that the grizzlies aren't judging his production, like that is not even a factor for him getting more minutes, right? I keep hearing, well let's give him a few more games if he can't get it, shut him down. A few more games for what? The grizzlies are only concerned about getting the knee stronger, period. They aren't concerned about what he is doing with those minutes and they certainly aren't using his stats to make evaluations if he is ready or not.

I believe you are correct about the coaching staff's ultimate objectives.

And they can't be achieved if Parsons is "shut down"

Says the guy who for x number of times said he is done with this team.  :ph34r:

Right on the money with this one.

Says the guy who for x number of times said he is done with this team.  :ph34r:

Now that's funny right there. I don't care who ya are. :D

By April, we will know more.  If going into late April he is playing well, it will all come off as a masterstroke.. if he's still playing like this into April, it'll be one of the most disappointing signings I can remember.  They are playing it uber cautiously, and in a lot of ways that's smart, but at some point he has to start producing.. both in terms of efficiency and also in terms of minutes played.

For the Grizzlies there is very little worry. With Parsons they know what they're getting it's only a matter of him recovering.

You guys can worry all you want. The staff is going to take their time he's going to come back. If Parsons wasn't on his team they would suck Ennis is good but he ain't that good.

Who cares how long is recovery takes I'm just glad Joerger isn't here because he would have Parsons out there playing 35 minutes a game.

I'm okay with how long its taking considering this is a long-term investment. What I'm not okay with is sacrificing the way we start games with him in the  starting lineup. If you know he's not going to be right for quite some time, why not just bring off the bench?