Sign in to follow this  
Thomas

2016 Nba Draft Thread

It's one way for them to clear salary since they are about to get into a bidding war on Al Horford. Thats the reason why they are looking to move their first round picks.

They could waive Carter and only be on the hook for around 650K, Jam's contract is at 980K, plus that way they don't have to pay their first round guys. Helps them save some $$.

Why would they trade Teague for a first rounder just to give it away for junk? At worst they could get a future 1st rounder for him. Or use it to unload a bad deal like Tiago Splitter.

Why would they trade Teague for a first rounder just to give it away for junk? At worst they could get a future 1st rounder for him. Or use it to unload a bad deal like Tiago Splitter.

They have been wanting to get rid of Teague for a while now. If not the 12, then you could probably get the 21 from them.

I wonder if we could get two 1st (#3 and 2017) and Crowder + Bradley + Smart for Gasol + #17 and some 2nds?

Or even my original trade Crowder + Johnson + 3 1st from this year and 2017 for Gasol + 2nds?

Trade away all the picks and players on the team and hope to sign free agents is your master plan?

Have you noticed how poorly Memphis has been in free agency over the years? Is your goal to reach the top 5 picks in the lottery or something? You do realize the Grizzlies owe Denver their pick if the don't have the a pick between 1 and 5. 

Our draft history ain't all that great, either.

Our draft history ain't all that great, either.

If the grizzlies and the gsw swapped, Mike and Marc for Steph and Klay, they warriors still make the finals and maybe win it.

I'd look to trade Jam, Carter, or Adams for one of ATLs first rounders. I think if the Grizzlies can find a way to end up with 3 picks in the top 30, then 2 of those picks could work out and solidify your bench moving forward. Then look to FA for starters.

I'd try Jam/Carter/#57/Clippers future 1st for #12 & #21

Even our two most successful draft picks outside the top 10 - Hakim Warrick and Kyle Lowry - were not true "rotation" players in year one.

I'll stick with Jam if that's the case - leaving Carter, and he will only be in a trade for salary balance, if anything.  If we trade Carter, I'll be really shocked.

Do y'all want us to be like the Hawks? Trading 2 picks (in a stacked draft) to sign Horford? Shameful. Give it up, ATL.

Do y'all want us to be like the Hawks? Trading 2 picks (in a stacked draft) to sign Horford? Shameful. Give it up, ATL.

This is a stacked draft? 

Hopefully we get something at 17 then, because what do we really have to trade? Second round picks? Can we pick up Lance's option, and trade him?  :lol:

I hope either one of Wade Baldwin, Dejounte Murray or Furkan Korkmaz is there at #17 and we will pick one of them. If we can somehow get another late 1st that would be great.

they already had space for horford , these picks help them with moving splitter to sign a FA  or just moving up in the draft.... they turned  an expiring guy that wasn't working out great into a lotto pick , i'd say they did alright and have 6M extra dollars for a FA now ......

To sign Bazemore and Horford, not just horford. 

Man, I'm so keen for the draft. Not only for Memphis but some crazy stuff is gonna happen. 

I think there will be lots of movements, and I expect MEM to make at least one trade.