Sign in to follow this  
Thomas

Cavs Want Koufos, Willing To Give Up Dion Waiters In Return

Heard Chris Wallace this morning at a breakfast talk and he said not to pay attention to any rumors about trades right now. Teams talk all the time but until a deal is struck it doesn't mean anything.

He also said Calathes is not likely going to Iowa to get playing time because the team needs him in case of emergency as the 3rd string backup PG. He also said Calathes may not be in the rotation now but he contributed last season and he wouldn't be surprised to see him contributing again this season before the year is up.

He did suggest that Stokes and Adams will be spending more time in Iowa to get playing time. The team would love to work them into the lineup if possible but the depth makes it unlikely this season. He also said he doesn't really look at a rookie being ready to contribute usually until training camp before his second season. He said most college players aren't prepared for the grind of the NBA and are rarely in top physical shape when they arrive. He said he was surprised at how poorly colleges are at getting athletes into top physical condition.

That statement by Wallace means we should expect a trade lol. I don't think anyone expected him to say "yes, we are going to make a trade soon."

I understand trading Koufos. I don't understand trading Koufos for Waiters. We have a Waiters clone at the end of the bench..Jordan Adams.

Trade Koufos to get our 1st back and receive another future pick somehow.

I think I'm ready to hop on the Jeff Green bandwagon. Celtics get: Koufos/Prince/Celtics' 2016 2nd round pick returned Grizz get: Jeff Green This helps Boston tank harder for Okafor/Towns/Mudiay this year. It also gets them off of Green's deal next year, and it gives them a valuable big man they could either flip for a young prospect or re-sign next year. They also get their pick back from the Courtney Lee deal. It gives us a legitimate starting small forward and the "final piece" as we embark on our journey to the promised land. It also sheds about $1.5M off our payroll this year, which we could use to sign Jermaine O'neal/Emeka Okafor and/or Kenyon Martin. My only apprehension with this trade is how TA would react to coming off the bench. But I think it's worth the risk. Who says no?

Celtics are also lookin to move Faverani so I'd take him off their hands if they take Pondexter back.

A lot of contenders have only 1 center and Koufos doesn't even play sometimes due to matchups

Wouldn't be shocked at all if we help bos clear some money one way or another.Jeff green can opt out so I doubt they are worried about contract next year.Vitor/turner maybe but we need a reason to take either of them.

Dion scored 18 off the bench in 24 minutes shooting 7-10. Pull the trigger FO. He is the scorer we need and I believe his locker room presence could be fixed in Memphis just like Zach. He's a good and young prospect to invest in. Koufos is most likely gone after this season so lets at least get some compensation for him. We can always sign another backup center to replace him in either orator or Blatche or even Kmart. Dion could be part of the future of this team too. Besides he is a restricted free agent this offseason so we can just let him walk if its not going to work out.

Dion scored 18 off the bench in 24 minutes shooting 7-10. Pull the trigger FO. He is the scorer we need and I believe his locker room presence could be fixed in Memphis just like Zach. He's a good and young prospect to invest in. Koufos is most likely gone after this season so lets at least get some compensation for him. We can always sign another backup center to replace him in either orator or Blatche or even Kmart. Dion could be part of the future of this team too. Besides he is a restricted free agent this offseason so we can just let him walk if its not going to work out.

He would be OJ Mayo 2.0

Way inconsistent with his shot

What are sacre and guynthay ?...Please ...is it like teh..when you can't spell :)

I would say no to Cleveland on this one. There's no hurry to deal KK. We need a quality backup for Marc, especially during the long regular season. KK is an important rotation player & this year guys, we are legitimate CONTENDERS for the title. Even if we lose KK for nothing after the end of the season, I think we should keep KK unless we get a much better offer than this one.

I would say no to Cleveland on this one. There's no hurry to deal KK. We need a quality backup for Marc, especially during the long regular season. KK is an important rotation player & this year guys, we are legitimate CONTENDERS for the title. Even if we lose KK for nothing after the end of the season, I think we should keep KK unless we get a much better offer than this one.

^^^

this.

no way we can trade him at this point, unless we could get a high quality big in return.

then, one would have to wonder why ther'd be a trade at all.

slim.

I don't think trading Koufos away is the difference between us going all the way in the playoffs or not. As long as we are not trading a current starter and keeping the majority of our bench, we are fine. This losing trade assets in free agency thing is getting ridiculous. And I think come playoff time, Leuer would probably become a more valuable piece than Koufos. I can understand waiting til the trade deadline to see what type of offers may be available, but not keeping him the entire season.

He would be OJ Mayo 2.0 Way inconsistent with his shot

Speaking of OJ Mayo..... What makes everyone think the FO cares about KK leaving for nothing in the summer. They let OJ walk. We practically got KK for nothing (broken down DA) I think KK is more valuable to us this season than another SG that probably disrupt chemistry and the only minutes that are there for him to get would come from Lee and/or Allen.

If you're the Cavs would you do this trade?

Koufos/Pondexter/2nd rounder for Haywood/Miller/our 1st round pick back

Don't forget we'd then be under the luxtax enough to go and get another veteran center. And the real prize would be Haywoods $10 million dollar salary next year....not a dollar guaranteed.

If you're the Cavs would you do this trade? Koufos/Pondexter/2nd rounder for Haywood/Miller/our 1st round pick back Don't forget we'd then be under the luxtax enough to go and get another veteran center. And the real prize would be Haywoods $10 million dollar salary next year....not a dollar guaranteed.

We squeezed the last bit of juice out of Mike Miller's orange there is nothing but pulp left.

I like the rest of the trade, but I would take Waiters (to trade this off-season) or even Joe Harris before I took Miller. Then signed Jermaine O'Neal or Okafor ofcourse.

We squeezed the last bit of juice out of Mike Miller's orange there is nothing but pulp left. I like the rest of the trade, but I would take Waiters (to trade this off-season) or even Joe Harris before I took Miller. Then signed Jermaine O'Neal or Okafor ofcourse.

*waits for people to tell you how Koufos is so much more valuable in 6 playoff minutes than O'Neal or Okafor*

I agree with that trade, though. If the Cavs gave us our 1st back, I'm packing Koufos bags myself.

*waits for people to tell you how Koufos is so much more valuable in 6 playoff minutes than O'Neal or Okafor* I agree with that trade, though. If the Cavs gave us our 1st back, I'm packing Koufos bags myself.

I mean I would actually prefer O'Neal over Koufus in a playoff game lol. He is mean and will be respected by refs because he is a former all-star. He will be allowed to play dirty as he wants, grab Tim Duncan or Blake Griffin in the nuts or whatever he has to do and the refs probably won't call it every time. That's the easy part of the trade.

Mn going into rebuold mode what would it take to get martin? Afflalo had way more value then martin and got dealt for peanuts a young SG that handnt really done anything and a pick in the 50's.

Mn going into rebuold mode what would it take to get martin? Afflalo had way more value then martin and got dealt for peanuts a young SG that handnt really done anything and a pick in the 50's.

Martin for Tayshaun? Fits for Minny too since it's an expiring contract. Weird to say though, the way Prince has been playing...I don't really want to deal him.

I'd almost say KK+Pondexter for Martin and then sign Okafor or O'Neal. That might be a bit much to give up for Kevin Martin unless the FO is going to let KK just walk.

Yep i'd pass on Miller (LeBron's BFF) but def make them take Qpon too. if we had to take waiters back then i'd flip him to another team and get a SF prospect.

Haywood Leuer and Stokes could hold down the fort till we picked up Okafor or O'Neal.

Playoff time comes along and Gasol playing 39+mins regardless who backing him up. We also ain't going anywhere if Gasol goes down. Kosta isn't a necessity. I am a HUGE fan of a healthy Okafor - dude was the defensive anchor for the Wizards last season. If Haywood is serviceable till he comes back that would be ideal.

Joe Harris + Haywood + our pick looks really good to me too. BUT Qpon has to be dumped with Kosta.