Sign in to follow this  
Ndq0327

New Offseason Plan

Now that this bombshell has dropped, I think all of our other off season topics may have become irrelevant content wise. It's likely that we are getting a new FO outside of Hollinger and Pera though I doubt we can speculate on who those people will be.

What we can speculate on is the roster, I see this as being the end of Grit Grind seriously. I always thought Pera wanted a fast paced team, and I think Levien had embraced GnG. I could totally see a complete overhaul of the roster I don't know to what extent but there could be a lot of new faces next season.

http://www.3sob.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/unnamed.jpg

Could there also be a color change on the way? This is going to be a big off season.

this is crazy -- Stu Lash was in charge of the draft so now we have no idea who they want. I mean do they want to try to make a run at KLove??

I doubt KLove would want to come here hell we did trade him on draft night

seriously doubt any player that's worth pursuing will avoid this team, best we can hope for is levian comes out with some recordings of pera saying something racist

I'm thinking that this has guaranteed ZBo opting out and weighing his best offers from other clubs.

I'm thinking that this has guaranteed ZBo opting out and weighing his best offers from other clubs.

yea me too I didn't want to lose Zbo that way but I don't think he will be back regardless so it would be best to go somewhere he would like to be.

Why? Did Pera buy Pure Passion too?

LOL don't think everyone will get that joke.

Probably not, but I think it will take more than a CEO change to get Zbo to leave on his own.

Oh miller won't be back either. This also makes me wonder what happens with Jamaal.

Levien dubbed him the Grindson though I never thought he played anything like TA, he would fit in a more up tempo offense lets just hope he makes it through the house cleaning.

This. I hope it happens. Quick rebuild or complete blow up, GNG is dead and I'm glad.

So there are a lot of people up in arms about Griz owner Robert Pera only taking Mike Conley and Marc Gasol to dinner when the team played at Golden State last week. It's one of the many developments that have surfaced as the team deals with new ownership off the court and adversity on the court.

My story today attempts to gauge the Grizzlies' psyche. They've been blown out in three consecutive games.

As for the dinner... only Conley and Gasol were invited. And the other key players were quite dismissive of the development.

"It is what it is," Gay said. "I just hope it wasn't at my favorite restaurant."

Randolph's reaction: "It ain't personal," he said. "I tell the young guys all the time. It's not like they love you. It's business."

http://blogs.commercialappeal.com/the_memphis_edge/2013/01/the-dinner-and-the-dime-on-these-griz.html

hmmm Hopefully, Pera realizes that Conley and Gasol are the key pieces to this team and goes all out to get the 3rd core player.

He won't bring Rudy back I don't even know how to process that, I hope he brings in a FO guy that is liked by his peers. Not saying Levien and Lash weren't liked but I'd rather have some guys that have reputations of being good FO guys and not former agents I don't think that ever went very well with most fans.

Has there been any mention of Hollinger’s status?

He will be back, and possibly get more of a decision making role. Apparently he wasn't a big factor in decision making.

Where'd you see that?

listening to Cam on the radio yahoo 730 am

He won't bring Rudy back I don't even know how to process that, I hope he brings in a FO guy that is liked by his peers. Not saying Levien and Lash weren't liked but I'd rather have some guys that have reputations of being good FO guys and not former agents I don't think that ever went very well with most fans.

Oh i was just kidding but atleast we won't be getting Deng.

Maybe Wallace+Hollinger can be a good GM team and get us some real players. Wallace problem is he was pretty much a "puppet" for Heisley and Hollins.