Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GrizzliesIQYO

Free Agent Targets (Ca)

I think the grizzlies need a back up small forward more than anything, we got rudy,and pondexter but that's about it, we need a Guy like bill walker just for insurance at the 3 spot that's the only position were vulnerable at

Tony Allen can play the three. Wroten could in a pinch. Not ideal but while the 3 spot is the weakest on the roster I do not see not filling the spot as a huge need.

Yea, its really no huge deal. I think there will be a good amount of guys available on the market if something serious happened to one of our SF's. Plus, TA can play the three as well. There aren't many SF's in the league that would really give us trouble. The good thing about it is that now we have both Ellington and Selby, so moving TA over to SF along with Q would work.

I would still cut the Cleveland guy... I think is DJ right. And sign this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6miQts6BNaI&feature=related

Let the war began... LH has no excuses this year... great overall job CW and FO.

Training camp will be so competitive.

MC/Bayless/Wroten

TA/Ellington/Selby

Rudy/QP/Weems

Zbo/Speights/DA

Gasol/HH

We really have the depth to be one of the best if not the best team in the NBA.

We're probably done with FA signings, and that's okay with me. Lock the 13 man at

Mike Conley / Jerryd Bayless / Tony Wroten (will likely spend some time in Reno)

Tony Allen / Josh Selby / Wayne Ellington

Rudy Gay / Quincy Pondexter

Zach Randolph / Darrell Arthur

Marc Gasol / Marreese Speights / Hamed Haddadi

And let DJ Kennedy compete with a bunch of young, minimum salary wings/tweener forwards with some size and one or more of shooting, defense, or athleticism, for the 14th spot during training camp. I'm not interested in adding another veteran who we'll end up spending more than necessary on to play no more than 5 minutes a game.

Looks like a very well rounded team to me. This might be the deepest Grizzlies team we've ever fielded. Then again, in the what I find to be unlikely event that none of our backup guards pan out we could be screwed.

Hollins did say he would like for them to add a 6'7-6'8 SF..

Damion James would be perfect..

On the ESPN Griz roster site, they currently list six players at 6'7" or taller. Of the sample NBA teams I spot checked none had that low of amount. The range at 6'7" or bigger was 7 to 9 players (from the teams I spot checked). So, yes...Hollins is abundantly aware that we need additional depth in that category.

I suspect we break camp with 14 players and no Kennedy. The player added will be in the 6'7" or bigger category.

Drew Gordon is still floating around… 6'9 - 245. Big time athlete and one of the top rebounders in the NCAA last year. Could backfill a lot of what DC brought to the table from an insurance and skills perspective.

On the ESPN Griz roster site, they currently list six players at 6'7" or taller. Of the sample NBA teams I spot checked none had that low of amount. The range at 6'7" or bigger was 7 to 9 players (from the teams I spot checked). So, yes...Hollins is abundantly aware that we need additional depth in that category.

I suspect we break camp with 14 players and no Kennedy. The player added will be in the 6'7" or bigger category.

The only disclaimer to that is that most of the Grizzlies 6'7" or taller players are more reliable and not just bodies or stashed away projects. Three are the best players on the team and should average 36 min if healthy. Two more are very fine backup big men.

Seems a good fit and player. Don't know if we could get this guy...maybe T Williams would be a good sign to...he can play pg , sg and sf.

Shved dropped 16 pts 11 asts 7 rbs and 3 stls in the Olympics

This guy will be a good role player in the Nba... I really believe a lot of teams are getting better, this is will be a nice season.

Seems a good fit and player. Don't know if we could get this guy...maybe T Williams would be a good sign to...he can play pg , sg and sf.

Delfino just went 6'9 for 3's, should've tried for him before the dumb Ellington trade

Shved dropped 16 pts 11 asts 7 rbs and 3 stls in the Olympics

Yi Jianlian had 30 and 12 on Marc and Pau..

Yi Jianlian had 30 and 12 on Marc and Pau..

Its funny how he likes to discredit a lot of the players the Grizz get, but want to give every little ounce of credit to the ones we pass up on. I guarantee you if we signed Delfino, he would've been down playing that Olympic game if we were talking about how well he played.

Hollins did say he would like for them to add a 6'7-6'8 SF.. Damion James would be perfect..

I think Damion James would be a good pickup as well. Solid Role Player potential - high energy/hustle player so coming off the bench won't affect his game. He is 6' 7.75" 225lbs so he big and strong enough to guard bigger SF's and athletic enough to defend backcourt players. He prob should be available for league-minimum non-guaranteed contract as well. Win Win in my book and makes us 3 deep at every position.

I think Damion James would be a good pickup as well. Solid Role Player potential - high energy/hustle player so coming off the bench won't affect his game. He is 6' 7.75" 225lbs so he big and strong enough to guard bigger SF's and athletic enough to defend backcourt players. He prob should be available for league-minimum non-guaranteed contract as well. Win Win in my book and makes us 3 deep at every position.

+1

Chris Andersen is reportedly open to signing for the one-year veteran’s minimum.

Andersen will still collect $4.5 million next season from the Nuggets after being amnestied.

Anderson appeared in only 32 games last season, averaging 5.3 points and 4.6 rebounds in 15.2 minutes.

Read more:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222792/Chris_Andersen_Open_To_Signing_For_Veterans_Minimum#ixzz22XLAqJsk

Welp.

Anyone know what Andray Blatche's story is? I know he's full of trouble, but I also know he's got talent. If he can be had for the minimum since he was amnestied, I'd give him a look. Seven-year vet min may be more than we want to spend on the 14th man though.