Sign in to follow this  
GF#1

Tracking Playoff Position

Did you guys watch the games vs. San Antonio this year? Maybe the refs won't favor the Spurs that much? :lol:

Of course, troll, the Spurs get their share of calls. But it is not on a scale of what the Lakers get come playoff time, not even close.

Looks like this thread hasnt been bumped in over a year.

Anyway, I was just looking at San Antonio's upcoming schedule. I mean the team has won 8 in a row. Their next 2 games are Charlotte and Washington--both in San Antonio.

Then they start the Rodeo road trip. 9 straight road games.

MIN

DET

BKN

CHI

CLE

SAC

LAC

GSW

PHO.

My point in all of this is to say that it is going to be extremely hard to gain any ground on this freakin team. That is not a murderer's row of a road trip. Yes its 9 straight and that is hard. But unless MEM can run off like 10-11 in a row itself, I think its just going to be really tough to catch them.

My hope had been to win the SW division and get at least a 3 seed but now it looks like we need to just hold onto the 4th seed and have home court at least for the first series.

Looks like this thread hasnt been bumped in over a year. Anyway, I was just looking at San Antonio's upcoming schedule. I mean the team has won 8 in a row. Their next 2 games are Charlotte and Washington--both in San Antonio. Then they start the Rodeo road trip. 9 straight road games. MIN DET BKN CHI CLE SAC LAC GSW PHO. My point in all of this is to say that it is going to be extremely hard to gain any ground on this freakin team. That is not a murderer's row of a road trip. Yes its 9 straight and that is hard. But unless MEM can run off like 10-11 in a row itself, I think its just going to be really tough to catch them. My hope had been to win the SW division and get at least a 3 seed but now it looks like we need to just hold onto the 4th seed and have home court at least for the first series.

Lot of games left so hard to predict things, but you'd think that a priority would be to try to get GS instead of Denver in first round match-up. The length of Denver has really bothered us on the interior. This may change if/when Bogut comes back but something to think about.

If I had to guess based on SOS and consistency of the teams, my playoff projecttions would be.

1. SA Spurs

2. OKC

3. LA Clippers

4. Memphis

5. Denver

6. Golden State

7. Utah

8. Houston

Houston will actually give the older legs of the Spurs some trouble. Probably not enough to win. OKC will sleepwalk through Utah. The Clippers have trouble defending Golden State's three point attack, so this won't be easy. Our matchup with Denver won't be easy, but I think I would prefer this to playing a Golden State, who appear to be an easy matchup for Memphis. This way, we can get out of the habit of isolating and stuffing it inside, or expect to get sent home real quick.

If I had to guess based on SOS and consistency of the teams, my playoff projecttions would be. 1. SA Spurs 2. OKC 3. LA Clippers 4. Memphis 5. Denver 6. Golden State 7. Utah 8. Houston Houston will actually give the older legs of the Spurs some trouble. Probably not enough to win. OKC will sleepwalk through Utah. The Clippers have trouble defending Golden State's three point attack, so this won't be easy. Our matchup with Denver won't be easy, but I think I would prefer this to playing a Golden State, who appear to be an easy matchup for Memphis. This way, we can get out of the habit of isolating and stuffing it inside, or expect to get sent home real quick.

I wonder if our SOS eases up any. According to Hollinger and ESPN RPI, MEM has played the 2nd toughest schedule in the league so far-at least before tonight's home loss to a 14 win team.

Surely it will ease up some in the coming weeks.

The Grizzlies have the 9th best home record in the league and the 5th best road record.

The Grizzlies have the 9th best home record in the league and the 5th best road record.
We should be better at home tbh but are road play is excellent

BUMP!!!, Hey hey, if the playoffs started today we would be IN!!!! Bad news is that we would draw San Antonio. LOL Been there, done that, no thanks. But seriously, of course it is way too early to even be worrying about this, but after the less than stellar start, I was at least glad to see Memphis as one of the 8 names ABOVE the line in the playoff standing instead of being down with the lottery teams. Keep it up Grizz, keep moving up the laddter.