Sign in to follow this  
Granttis

Lorenzen Wright

I hope they catch the low-lifes that did this.

This would be tragic under any circumstances, but given the tragedies that family has had to go through, sadder than sad.

In terms of overall character, he may have been the best Tiger. And Grizzly. Because he was truly one of us.

He will be missed.

I was just thinking how sad it is that Wren was out of the league last year as horrible as our bench was. He was a really productive player who would always give 110 percent. To think that maybe some of his financial problems could have been helped and helped our organiztion at the same time. He truly was one of the most beloved players to ever come through Memphis. My prayers go out to all of his family and loved ones.

Memphis is rough.

My thoughts and love to his family.

You'll be missed Ren.

The only jersey I have is #42. :(

Just curious, is Ren the first NBA player to be murdered?

Bison Dele(Brian Williams) is the first person that comes to mind. He was killed by his brother out at sea in the South Pacific. Dele had retired early from the league. He was killed I think a year or two after retiring.

Bison Dele(Brian Williams) is the first person that comes to mind. He was killed by his brother out at sea in the South Pacific. Dele had retired early from the league. He was killed I think a year or two after retiring.

I just read about this as well and is it just me or did the story make no sense at all?

I just read about this as well and is it just me or did the story make no sense at all?

If I recalla correctly, Dele's brother had a history of mental illness, which makes enough sense.

Brian Williams/Bison Dele is one that I recall

I was a fan of his too. He had a good year or two with the Bulls in the 1990s.

The message from Hubie is especially touching.

Whachoo talkin bout Wellis? I didn't see the first thing about Hubie in that story.

Whachoo talkin bout Wellis? I didn't see the first thing about Hubie in that story.

How'd you miss it? Hubie's picture is right there...

How'd you miss it? Hubie's picture is right there...

Because I'm well trained at being non observant. ;) I saw a pic of Ren and a story about how he used to hang with the Clippers trainer. Was I on the right story?

I really do want to see what the Hubster had to say though

Because I'm well trained at being non observant. ;) I saw a pic of Ren and a story about how he used to hang with the Clippers trainer. Was I on the right story?

Heh. Check it again, it was on the right side of the page, separate from the main article.

Heh. Check it again, it was on the right side of the page, separate from the main article.

Thanks, dang touchscreen phones, didn't realize there was a story on the other side.

Thanks, dang touchscreen phones, didn't realize there was a story on the other side.

no prob!

In the words of Hubie, can't win without rebounding and toughness, that's what Ren brought to the Griz during our playoff run. If Thabeet could on get off his twitter long enough to read Hubie's statement.