#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:18 PM

Benches

Grizzlies
  • Darrell Arthur DeMarre Carroll Thomas Gardner Trey Gilder Hamed Haddadi Steven Hunter Allen Iverson Marko Jaric Leon Rodgers Mike Taylor Hasheem Thabeet Marcus Williams Sam Young
Wizards
  • Andray Blatche Javaris Crittenton Juan Dixon Randy Foye Vincent Grier Mike James JaVale McGee Dominic McGuire Mike Miller Fabricio Oberto Nick Young

#2 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:19 PM

MEDIA/BLOG LINKS

Memphis Grizzlies: 3 Shades of Blue | BallHype | Beale Street Beat | Beyond the Arc | Bleacher Report | CBS | Commercial Appeal | David Loves The Grizzlies | ESPN | FanHouse | FOX | From A Fan's Seat | Grizz Fans | Grizzed By Vanjulio | Grizzlies News | Grizzlies.com Blogs | HoopsWorld | Memphis Blue Bears | Mike Conley | MVN | Rudy Gay | Sporting News | Sports Illustrated | Straight Outta Vancouver | The Growl | The Memphis Edge | USA Today | Yahoo! | Yard Barker

Washington Wizards: Agent Zero | BallHype | Baltimore Sun | Bleacher Report | Bullets Forever | CBS | Dan Steinburg | ESPN | FanHouse | FOX | Gilbertology | HoopsWorld | Les Bullez | Mike Jones | MVN | Sporting News | Sports Illustrated | Truth About It | USA Today | Washington Post | Washington Times | Washington Examiner | Washington Wizards Blog | We're Off To See The Willards | Wizards Insider | Wizz Nutzz | Yahoo! | Yard Barker

#3 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,826 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:00 PM

I expect a really good Wizards team this year with 3 of the 5 starters who took them to playoffs back..and a great coach. It messed up they canned their coach with 3 starters injured the whole year and the sixth man injured the whole year.

YO

#4 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:11 PM

So, is Oberto on the Wizards or the Pistons? You have him listed on both.

#5 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE (wells @ Aug 6 2009, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, is Oberto on the Wizards or the Pistons? You have him listed on both.

If you really don't know: Use the hyperlinks in the post, you'll get your answer. For example, click on his picture and you'll see which team NBA.com has him on.

If you are simply trying to alert me: Thank you. I saw where he agreed to play for the Wizards, but I didn't see an actual announcement with a confirmed contract signing. I have now updated the thread, based on each teams' roster updates.

#6 grizzfan8390

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,621 posts
  • Interests:My music, I have an album out on iTunes for all the country fans out there!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:41 AM

This will be a great team............until Arenas and Jamison tear their ACL's during the first quarter.

#7 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (SixthMan @ Aug 7 2009, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you really don't know: Use the hyperlinks in the post, you'll get your answer. For example, click on his picture and you'll see which team NBA.com has him on.

If you are simply trying to alert me: Thank you. I saw where he agreed to play for the Wizards, but I didn't see an actual announcement with a confirmed contract signing. I have now updated the thread, based on each teams' roster updates.

Just the alert, SixthMan, just the alert. Somebody new to the boards might get confused, and we don't want them thinking the best pre-game information provider on the NBA boards was not paying attention. I know you created the Pistons game thread last week, and you do wait for the League to change their rosters before you do the updates in the game threads.

#8 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:51 PM

Grizzlies Announce Preseason Schedule

Now we know the last 3 games that weren't previously announced by other teams (Dallas, Detroit, and Charlotte)...

#9 new_skool91

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:39 PM

What if Thabeet's presence causes us to be above .0500 in the preseason?

#10 bgassassin

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,405 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (new_skool91 @ Aug 13 2009, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What if Thabeet's presence causes us to be above .0500 in the preseason?

It will have as much impact as being 1.000 in SL. None. And by none I mean both SL and preseason aren't that relevant from record standpoint.

#11 El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (bgassassin @ Aug 13 2009, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It will have as much impact as being 1.000 in SL. None. And by none I mean both SL and preseason aren't that relevant from record standpoint.

Imo, to a certain degree, you are right. I do think, that because Thabeet will be going up against better players than he faced in the SL, we will get a better gage on his NBA potential. I do agree the NBA pre-season games don't predict how your team will fare record-wise once the regular season starts.

Perhaps, that's all you're referring. If so, pardon my not recognizing it.

#12 bgassassin

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,405 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:28 AM

Yep. That's all. Awhile back I had already given Thabeet a pass on this season, so even if (or when) his presence has no effect I won't be all over him this season about it.

#13 Baseline Coach

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Location:Up the big hill from the lake, around the corner from old grain silo, up the street from the Gardens, across from to the Chateau, next to the Overton's old tracks

Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:07 PM

I like the matchup. Neither team is who they were last year, so it should be entertaining.

I have not been keeping up the off season talks, trades, etc, however, I am catching up now. Thanks for the links

#14 grizzfan8390

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,621 posts
  • Interests:My music, I have an album out on iTunes for all the country fans out there!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:54 PM

I'm so excited about this season! It can't come soon enough. I'll be counting down the days til the 1st preseason game.

#15 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,826 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:07 PM

Im really hype about this. I hope someone streems or there is at least a radio feed.

YO

#16 grizzfan8390

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,621 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (GrizzliesIQYO @ Sep 29 2009, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im really hype about this. I hope someone streems or there is at least a radio feed.

YO

They should. They never let the pre season go uncovered in the past. I'm just assuming things though.

#17 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,826 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:51 AM

im excited to see how the starters gel together. Im excited to see the rookies improvement from summer league and the rest of our team's improvement from summer to now.

YO

#18 Teddy.B

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:21 AM

Game coming soon.

#19 conleymayo79

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:59 AM

2 more days laugh.gif

#20 grizzfan8390

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,621 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:21 AM

Tomorrow is the big day! I won't be listening cuz I have to work but I'll be sure to listen in my car during my break. Heck, maybe I'll get off early.