[quote name='K.Kenteris' date='Jan 30 2009, 09:57 AM' post='166618']
Marc Gasol named to rookie game roster for All-Star weekend rolleyes.gif

I´m proud of him!, he has earned it! biggrin.gif

#22 JenkzMEMPHIS

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Sports, Film and Video, Music, Gettin Crunk.

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (david sparks @ Jan 30 2009, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
see JenkzUM! perfect example.

100 post rule!

Not to take a shot at the way things are run around here but that's what the mods/admins are for. There should never EVER be a rule that discourages posting. That's just my personal opinion and in my 6 years administrating on another message board, I haven't had a problem yet. It doesn't take long to merge or delete a thread. With that being said..... this was a dumb thread wink.gif

#23 Whitecrow

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (HPTMatt @ Jan 30 2009, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm very glad that Marc G. has earned (and yes, he has earned it) a trip to the Rookie Challenge, as has OJ. I am also glad that Pau has stayed fairly injury-free and has gotten to play with the best player in the world on a team Pau feels is worthy of his top effort.

However, the OP placed an undercurrent of old, tired, haggard bad-vibe subjects in the post. Notice the OP of this thread hasn't posted in the English section since the inception of the "new" board?

"Baiting" and "inciting" are two rather fitting words, I'd opine.

the "new" board is more an "old board"..andthe"inciting" post are in the 90% writing for non-spanish...

the enemy is inside..no outside...

the spanish fans was fans since pau arrival...ok..but in the 2020 ..the spanish fans stay ..and probably no spanish players in the team...

AND YOU?
mellow.gif

#24 depaso+

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,938 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (Whitecrow @ Jan 31 2009, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the "new" board is more an "old board"..andthe"inciting" post are in the 90% writing for non-spanish...

the spanish fans was fans since pau arrival...ok..but in the 2020 ..the spanish fans stay ..and probably no spanish players in the team...

AND YOU?
mellow.gif

"And you" ... more or less

#25 Whitecrow

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (depaso+ @ Jan 31 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"And you" ... more or less

depaso+ eres hombre muerto por cachondearte de mi inglés

you are a dead man angry.gif no jokes with my poor english

tongue.gif

y mi sastre es rico unsure.gif

#26 HPTMatt

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (Whitecrow @ Jan 30 2009, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AND YOU?
mellow.gif

I wouldn't care if the Grizzlies signed fifteen players from Mongolia-the Grizzlies are my hometown NBA team and will ALWAYS have my loyalty.

#27 K Kenteris

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:48 AM

Once again!!! This is a thread about Marc!!!!!! Pau Gasol is a LAKER and won´t be a Grizzly anymore!!!!!!

Everybody could agree with HPTMatt that he is an All-STAR because he is playing now in an important team with the best player in the world, so who cares if he´s an ALL-STAR or he wins a lot of rings, that would be NBA Talk.

David Sparks, JenkzUM: I agree with you about 100 post rule, but I would go a little bit further, because 100 post rule would only fill every thread of dumb posts of posters in order to reach the 100 post status, so it would be better 1000 post rule or even 10000 post rule.

HPTMatt: Thanks for unveiling who is who here, I could´nt agree more with you and your wise posts, so I´m going to encourage Spanish posters to not to stir the pot.

LOULOU:
Peace and Love. Take it easy!!!..."Sucking" the whole day is neither nice nor healthy, and, although that´s up to you...you shouldn´t do it while you talk!!!

Spanish Posters: Be good!!! Don´t stir the pot...Go to Lakers forums....

Marc: This post is for you!!! Come on TANKETA!!!!!! wink.gif

#28 AussieGfan

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 04:55 AM

This topic is one of the smartest sneakiest ways of irritating people I have ever seen. laugh.gif

#29 new_skool91

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE (AussieOJfan @ Jan 31 2009, 04:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This topic is one of the smartest sneakiest ways of irritating people I have ever seen. laugh.gif

LOL! I have to agree! laugh.gif

#30 PowerGriz

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,998 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:09 AM

Maybe some people are oversensitive
I'm proud of Marc GASOL

#31 HPTMatt

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:56 AM

Only problem...if Marc keeps running the floor as well as he did last game, we might have to get him a new nickname..."tanketa" won't be accurate anymore wink.gif

I don't care what his nickname is-if he keeps hustling as hard as he has, people can call him whatever they want as long as his jersey says "Grizzlies" on it...

#32 bystander

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:27 AM

This threat is only getting better and better.

'Marc G.' LMAO !

OJ Mayo for MVP of the rookie sophs game !

The last time the rookie team won this game was in 2001 with another Gasol in the team.

And last year performance by Navarro was the best of a spaniard. ( Garbajosa care the less about this game with his almost 30, Pau has 10-7, Calderon and Rodriguez didnt played it both years, ... ) Let's see if he has a better game than Fernandez and the others.

Third spanish Grizz to play this game !

#33 Memflies

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (new_skool91 @ Jan 31 2009, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL! I have to agree! laugh.gif

LOL me too laugh.gif

#34 Javaris Brown

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (EThanou @ Jan 31 2009, 03:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once again!!! This is a thread about Marc!!!!!! Pau Gasol is a LAKER and won´t be a Grizzly anymore!!!!!!

Everybody could agree with HPTMatt that he is an All-STAR because he is playing now in an important team with the best player in the world, so who cares if he´s an ALL-STAR or he wins a lot of rings, that would be NBA Talk.

David Sparks, JenkzUM: I agree with you about 100 post rule, but I would go a little bit further, because 100 post rule would only fill every thread of dumb posts of posters in order to reach the 100 post status, so it would be better 1000 post rule or even 10000 post rule.

HPTMatt: Thanks for unveiling who is who here, I could´nt agree more with you and your wise posts, so I´m going to encourage Spanish posters to not to stir the pot.

LOULOU:
Peace and Love. Take it easy!!!..."Sucking" the whole day is neither nice nor healthy, and, although that´s up to you...you shouldn´t do it while you talk!!!

Great Post!!!! One of the best I have ever read in this board!!!! laugh.gif

#35 Denis Hamilton

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (EThanou @ Jan 31 2009, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOULOU:

Thanks for clarifying it, there were still a lot of people thinking that this post was about Pau...

Marc will be the MVP of the Match!!!! smile.gif

#36 f-dizzle

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:39 PM

Marc will be an all-star in the 3rd year of the 3YP, along with Rudy and OJ. We will send 3 Grizzlies, bank on it!!!! Pau had better years in Memphis, but like someone said on NBA Talk, location, location, location.

#37 K.Kenteris

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:27 AM

Come on Marc!!!! Don´t despair!!!! You will win one day!!!! wink.gif

#38 Minarae

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:31 AM

People got confused by the title as it indicated an ALL-STAR Gasol, which is Pau. Marc was just invited to the rookie challenge and the term all-star does not relate to the participants in the rookie-sophomore game.

#39 Ariza68

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (New Game II: Mayo makes the Griz @ Feb 1 2009, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People got confused by the title as it indicated an ALL-STAR Gasol, which is Pau. Marc was just invited to the rookie challenge and the term all-star does not relate to the participants in the rookie-sophomore game.

Oh, I think Kenteris didn't know it, don't you? dry.gif

#40 Memflies

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (Ariza68 @ Feb 1 2009, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, I think Kenteris didn't know it, don't you? dry.gif

+1 laugh.gif