Media/Blog Sites - Southwest

12 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,453 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:57 PM

Dallas Mavericks: Bleacher Report | Blog Maverick (Mark Cuban) | CBS | Dallas Basketball | Dallas Morning News | Dallas Morning News Blog | Danny Bollinger | David Moore | ESPN | FanHouse | Fort Worth Star-Telegram | FOX | HoopsWorld | Mavericks.com Podcast | Mavs Courtside View | Mavs Full Court Press | Mavs Moneyball | Mavsball | Sporting News | Sports Illustrated | The Two Man Game | USA Today | Yahoo! | Yard Barker

Houston Rockets: Bleacher Report | CBS | Clutch Fans | ESPN | FanHouse | FOX | Fran Blineberry | Globetrotter | HoopsWorld | Houston Chronicle | Jason Friedman | Jonathan Feigen | Red94 | Rockets Addicts | Rockets Buzz | Sporting News | Sports Illustrated | The Dream Shake | USA Today | Yahoo! | Yard Barker

Memphis Grizzlies: 3 Shades of Blue | 191 Beale Street | Beyond the Arc | Bleacher Report | Bluff City Bears | CBS | Commercial Appeal | David Loves The Grizzlies | ESPN | FanHouse | FOX | Fox Sports TN | Grizzed By Vanjulio | Grizzlies News | Grizzlies.com Blogs | GrizzLife | HoopsWorld | Memphis Blue Bears | Mike Conley | Rudy Gay | Sporting News | Sports Illustrated | Sports56 WHBQ | Straight Outta Vancouver | The Growl | The Memphis Edge | USA Today | Yahoo! | Yard Barker

New Orleans Hornets: At The Hive | Bleacher Report | Baton Rouge Advocate | Big Easy Buzz Blog | Biloxi Sun-Herald | CBS | ESPN | FanHouse | FOX | HoopsWorld | Hornets 247 | Hornets Beat | Hornets Hype | Hornets.com Buzz On The Web | New Orleans Times-Picayune | Sporting News | Sports Illustrated | USA Today | WWLTV Hornets Blog | Yahoo! | Yard Barker

San Antonio Spurs: 48 Minutes Of Hell | Bleacher Report | CBS | ESPN | FanHouse | FOX | HoopsWorld | Pounding The Rock | Project Spurs | San Antonio Express-News | Sporting News | Sports Illustrated | Spurs Dynasty | Spurs Report | USA Today | Yahoo! | Yard Barker

#2 10SC-2-TOKYO

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,587 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:21 PM

Thanks alot 6th Man ...

As usual - links are very professionally presented and very much appreciated .

Looks like you have gotten VERY comfortable on the new board !

-Toke

#3 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,874 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:18 AM

Are we allowed to post links to blog stories over here? I only ask because there could be some important news coming about 3 Shades of Blue in the next couple of weeks and I would like to tell the message board about it but I don't want to get into trouble doing that.

#4 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,453 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (10SC-2-TOKYO @ Oct 16 2008, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks alot 6th Man ...
Of course, people are already reformatting site directories, consolidating with other sites, shutting down sites, starting new ones, etc. so broken/mis-directed links are already popping up. I'll edit as I find them or people can just PM me if they see needed revisions.

#5 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,453 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (chipc3 @ Oct 17 2008, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are we allowed to post links to blog stories over here? I only ask because there could be some important news coming about 3 Shades of Blue in the next couple of weeks and I would like to tell the message board about it but I don't want to get into trouble doing that.
I wouldn't post a specific blog story, article, etc. on this thread, only site additions/changes that need to be made to the list.

Based on past reactions from board viewers, it looked liked some people didn't think that it was appropriate for someone who hosts another site, to post articles here or solicit people to go to their site. However, it seemed OK if an "independent" party pointed posters to other web sites, blogs, articles, etc. But that's only how it looked to me.

#6 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,453 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (10SC-2-TOKYO @ Oct 16 2008, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks alot 6th Man ...
Evidently, as I added links, I went over my character maximum for a single post. I first tried to go from all teams on a page to 2 posts -- 1 post for each conference. Thet didn't work, so I tried to go to 3 posts -- 2 divisions per post. Since that didn't work, I ended up with 6 posts -- 1 for each division.

#7 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,874 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:23 AM

Since this appears to be where we are supposed to discuss Blogs I am putting Chris Herrington's excellent interview with Marc Iavaroni here.

Marc Iavaroni Interview.

Very interesting comments including opening with a possible admition that Darrell Arthur could start at PF sooner than expected. A must read for Grizz fans.

#8 SC Grizz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE (chipc3 @ Oct 27 2008, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since this appears to be where we are supposed to discuss Blogs I am putting Chris Herrington's excellent interview with Marc Iavaroni here.

Marc Iavaroni Interview.

Very interesting comments including opening with a possible admition that Darrell Arthur could start at PF sooner than expected. A must read for Grizz fans.

I read it last night. Very interesting stuff.

Sheds some light on what is going on with J-Critt, and whether or not we can expect to see Arthur getting many minutes.

#9 grizzfan8390

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,621 posts
  • Interests:My music, I have an album out on iTunes for all the country fans out there!

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (chipc3 @ Oct 27 2008, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Marc Iavaroni Interview.

Chip thanks for the find. Everything Ivy said was something I'd like to hear.

arthur starting at the 4 would be a dream come true for me.

It does suck to see Critt rotting on the bench and Ivy having to sit down and explain why he's not getting any PT. It's gotta be rough (I now he makes more than you Allen tongue.gif ).

#10 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,284 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:03 AM

I have started yet another fan blog. should be linked on my sig

#11 Spartacus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,621 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (raymond @ Dec 21 2008, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am glad you brought this up Chip. I post a few comments from different sites about the Gizz and nobody seems to care one way or the other.,But quite a while ago it's been now I posted an article from 3 shades of blue, and a couple people had a fit about it.

A month or so ago Josh wrote an article I started to mention, and give a link to 3 shades of blue, but decided not to for the above reason.

Chip, or who ever decides these things. I don't understand why 3 shades of blue would be any different than any other site reporting or making comments about the Grizz.

I don't remember the specific incident you're referring to, but we don't have any problem with anyone linking to our stuff and using a brief portion of it in reference to it. However, just like the other websites that track their traffic, we ask that nobody copy and paste our entire posts when doing so. So feel free to reference our writing anytime you would like to.

#12 ollerblueboy

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:58 AM

Thanks for updating my site to The Growl.

#13 clreed87

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:TCU, Grizzies, Tigers

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

Our site has a decent amount of Grizzlies news as well as other Memphis content.

http://www.deepfriedcouch.com/

Thanks for such a great list of sites.