34 replies to this topic

#21 Once_a_hater

Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,072 posts

Posted Today, 05:36 PM

I hope they can find a 3 (VC, Russ and Jam) for one trade (T Ross, C Zeller and M Harkless)

#22 Ndq0327

Ndq0327

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Interests:My family, sports, fishing, my xbox, and browsing the web.

Posted Today, 06:14 PM

That's a dumb trade

#23 PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted Today, 06:37 PM

I think the reason Harrison isn't making much of a splash is because he's playing off the ball. I feel we should have drafted the other Harrison if we were planning on playing him off the ball.

maybe they gottem confused....and draft the wrong one :unsure:

#24 memphis slim

memphis slim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted Today, 06:42 PM

i would think jeff green would be dangled out there..

stokes probably gone..

my hope is that c.lee is not 'thrown' in some deal..i think he showed a lot last year..

he can be a nice piece...just not one of the main pieces..

that is fine. if we can hold on to him...i think we need to do so.

slim.

#25 Once_a_hater

Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,072 posts

Posted Today, 06:50 PM

That's a dumb trade

Why?

#26 GrizzTigerFan

GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,393 posts

Posted Today, 06:54 PM

I like Russ and Jam Green as keepers. Russ could be a less offensively explosive isiah Thomas that can play defense.
Jam can be a pick and pop PF that plays above the rim. Good backup for Zbo.

Stokes needs to be better offensively before he deserves a spot.
Harrison needs to stay in Iowa or overseas to develop.

#27 Once_a_hater

Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,072 posts

Posted Today, 07:05 PM

I like Russ and Jam Green as keepers. Russ could be a less offensively explosive isiah Thomas that can play defense.
Jam can be a pick and pop PF that plays above the rim. Good backup for Zbo.

Stokes needs to be better offensively before he deserves a spot.
Harrison needs to stay in Iowa or overseas to develop.

Thats why we would have to put them on a deal to someone grab. Do you guys believe we will take the "trash" in our team (Udrih, VC and Stokes) and turn them into a young prospect like Ross, Harkless or C Zeller.

#28 Dicky Vindleburger

Dicky Vindleburger

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted Today, 07:13 PM

yes GTF Jam greens spot on the roster is solidified, Grizz brain trust have no need to see what he can do in summer league, Russ needs to show he is more than a scorer, don't know if you heard is interview today on the Vernon show, but if he can create for others and bring the ball up the court he's got a place on our roster, in two games i'm impressed with Russ basic point guard play and his disruptive full court pressure... I think he's a really good poor mans Isaiah Thomas (Boston)

#29 smit-tay griz

smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,362 posts

Posted Today, 07:55 PM

I think the reason Harrison isn't making much of a splash is because he's playing off the ball. I feel we should have drafted the other Harrison if we were planning on playing him off the ball.

Didn't Aaron play PG when he was on the floor?  Seems like he wasn't playing off the ball either.

#30 Dicky Vindleburger

Dicky Vindleburger

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted Today, 08:01 PM

Vernon was saying Andrew was the one playing most of the point, and Aaron was the one making the big shots

#31 smit-tay griz

smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,362 posts

Posted Today, 08:03 PM

yes GTF Jam greens spot on the roster is solidified, Grizz brain trust have no need to see what he can do in summer league, Russ needs to show he is more than a scorer, don't know if you heard is interview today on the Vernon show, but if he can create for others and bring the ball up the court he's got a place on our roster, in two games i'm impressed with Russ basic point guard play and his disruptive full court pressure... I think he's a really good poor mans Isaiah Thomas (Boston)

I like Russ' aggressiveness and he doesn't seem to forget that he needs to run the team.  He gets guys involved.  He's a pest defensively and gives effort, but I wonder about his size and his game at the next level.  One can hope though.

#32 smit-tay griz

smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,362 posts

Posted Today, 08:06 PM

Vernon was saying Andrew was the one playing most of the point, and Aaron was the one making the big shots

I was talking about yesterday's SL game.  Seemed like Aaron was playing the point for his team.  Guarded by Russ.  Guarded Russ.  Had the ball in his hands a lot.  IDK, just a SL game.

#33 Dicky Vindleburger

Dicky Vindleburger

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted Today, 08:09 PM

I know he looks short but he's over 6'0 and Conley is 6'1, hes definitely short by SG standards but he is showing good ball handling and a willingness to distribute

#34 smit-tay griz

smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,362 posts

Posted Today, 08:16 PM

I know he looks short but he's over 6'0 and Conley is 6'1, hes definitely short by SG standards but he is showing good ball handling and a willingness to distribute

Russ?  Man, he just looks shorter.  I hope he has what it takes.

#35 Dicky Vindleburger

Dicky Vindleburger

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted Today, 08:22 PM

me too it would be nice to have real contribution from dudes on rookie contracts with high ceilings, get a vet that's on his way out if his learning curve is too much, but I think Russ is worth rolling the dice on, and hope the FO thinks so too