• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

#261 Notorious O.D.K.

Notorious O.D.K.

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,376 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Redskins, Tigers and Vols!!!!!!!

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:11 AM

If the Grizzlies were smart they would sit Gasol out these next two games. That would give him 13 consecutive days to heal up some while only missing two games against lottery teams

I've been thinking that for the past week. I thought we should have rested Marc, Conley, Allen, and Z-Bo I would have just took the chance because the teams we were playing were not that great. Dallas is the best team in that stretch anyway. 

#262 Trybanski Time

Trybanski Time

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:02 AM

If the Grizzlies were smart they would sit Gasol out these next two games. That would give him 13 consecutive days to heal up some while only missing two games against lottery teams

I'd be okay with this move.  

#263 Allen

Allen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,193 posts
  • Location:The City Where I live in and the City Where im from

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:05 PM

Joerger is a clown. He is responsible for Marc getting hurt

#264 tmoneyinmphs

tmoneyinmphs

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:08 PM

Yeah, that was a good idea suggested by allen imo.  Too bad the grizz didn't do it.   I was thinking marc might sit since joerger mentioned after the last game that marc was playing on one leg. 

We didn't do a good job managing player injuries or sitting players late last year either.  The result was being banged up in the playoffs and still didn't win the division title.

#265 scooter

scooter

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:04 AM

Yeah, that was a good idea suggested by allen imo.  Too bad the grizz didn't do it.   I was thinking marc might sit since joerger mentioned after the last game that marc was playing on one leg. 

We didn't do a good job managing player injuries or sitting players late last year either.  The result was being banged up in the playoffs and still didn't win the division title.

Joerger is a fool.

#266 Allen

Allen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,193 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:54 AM

31 year old 7'1 280 lb center has a bad leg so  why in the world would he even be out there with just two games left until the break? It was idiotic. A more serious injury was inevitable

#267 SC Grizz

SC Grizz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:29 AM

Joerger is a fool.

Maybe he goes the way of Derek Fisher soon... 

I can dream right?

#268 ThrobbingGrizzHater

ThrobbingGrizzHater

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:03 AM

Jeorger has a 30-22 record with this old and tired squad and his job is safe. Zach has good trade value. Wright with whoever we get back via trade will help relieve Gasol better than what we have now.

#269 Mr. Grizzle

Mr. Grizzle

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:05 AM

I'm getting to the point that Joerger, for playing an injured Gasol, and/or Wallace, for constructing a roster filled with wings and no serviceable back-up bigs, oughtta be fired for malpractice...

Seriously, the absolute worst result from last nite's fiasco happened. Gasol got no rest, potentially made his leg injury worse, and the team still lost. Just a completely short-sighted disaster... Heads should roll, they're rolling in other NBA cities for less than this...

#270 chipc3

chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,848 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:06 AM

I'm getting to the point that Joerger, for playing an injured Gasol, and/or Wallace, for constructing a roster filled with wings and no serviceable back-up bigs, oughtta be fired for malpractice...

Seriously, the absolute worst result from last nite's fiasco happened. Gasol got no rest, potentially made his leg injury worse, and the team still lost. Just a completely short-sighted disaster... Heads should roll, they're rolling in other NBA cities for less than this...

So you blame Joerger and not the front office for the roster makeup. Interesting. 

#271 Mr. Grizzle

Mr. Grizzle

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:09 AM

I blame Joerger for playing Gasol, which I wrote above.

#272 Once_a_hater

Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,169 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:17 AM

Wright is missed badly right now. Gasol is plaina to much; but of course that is on Joerger too.

We must trade Ennis, VC and JamGreen for a backup C

#273 Mr. Grizzle

Mr. Grizzle

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:38 AM

At this point, just make Gasol the player-GM or the player-coach. There's obviously no one in the organization who will stand up to him...

Once Joerger declared that Gasol was playing on one leg, AND THEN PLAYS HIM two days later, to obvious results, just shows how weak he is...

#274 Allen

Allen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,193 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:07 PM

So you blame Joerger and not the front office for the roster makeup. Interesting.

Slow down go back and read.

#275 ThrobbingGrizzHater

ThrobbingGrizzHater

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:18 PM

I don't think Jeorger weak. Is it plausible that maybe Gasol expressed his unwillingness to sit out and just play through his injuries insisting that he is okay?? It seems that Marc is trying to step up in a way that in turn incites anger against Dave from the ignorant.

#276 TimBC

TimBC

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:18 PM

Jeorger has a 30-22 record with this old and tired squad and his job is safe. Zach has good trade value. Wright with whoever we get back via trade will help relieve Gasol better than what we have now.

Yes.

#277 Mr. Grizzle

Mr. Grizzle

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:49 PM

I don't think Jeorger weak. Is it plausible that maybe Gasol expressed his unwillingness to sit out and just play through his injuries insisting that he is okay?? It seems that Marc is trying to step up in a way that in turn incites anger against Dave from the ignorant.

#278 Mr. Grizzle

Mr. Grizzle

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:51 PM

Is it also plausible that Joerger was afraid to say, "Sorry big guy, you are way more important to us than trying to win a game in February against a non-playoff team..."

#279 Mr. Grizzle

Mr. Grizzle

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:54 PM

But please, I'm just an ignorant fan. Remind me of all the instances Joerger has stood up to his veteran players. Oh, he's a veritable beast when taking on the rookies and young guys... You know... the powerless...

#280 ShaneAus

ShaneAus

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:48 PM

Is it also plausible that Joerger was afraid to say, "Sorry big guy, you are way more important to us than trying to win a game in February against a non-playoff team..."

How do you know if Marc was not fine at shootround. He was cleared, so naturally if he is cleared then you'll play him. Every team does that. It's the process that everything happened. In a perfect world a coach can stay that but it's not a perfect world. 

Anyway Wallace says that Wright will be fine after ASB