Photo

Who Do You Want At 25?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Who do you want to draft at 25? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Who do you want to draft at 25?

1. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (3 votes [15.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

2. Jerian Grant (1 votes [5.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

3. Justin Anderson (2 votes [10.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

4. Montrezl Harrell (1 votes [5.26%] - View)

5. R.J. Hunter (4 votes [21.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

6. Robert Upshaw (3 votes [15.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

7. Christian Wood (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Rashad Vaughn (1 votes [5.26%] - View)

9. Jarell Martin (2 votes [10.53%] - View)

10. Other...please indicate. (2 votes [10.53%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 ItIsWhatItIs

ItIsWhatItIs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,653 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:27 PM

82games says that the Grizzlies were 1.1 points better with Adams on the floor.

His PER was also better than every wing player except Allen and Green who graded out at an average level.

Again, people were not exaggerating when they said Memphis had one of the worst wing rotations in the league. Nobody acts like Adams would've been the 2nd coming but he didn't need to be, the bar was set as low as it possibly could be by the other guys

#42 Ndq0327

Ndq0327

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,831 posts
  • Interests:My family, sports, fishing, my xbox, and browsing the web.

Posted Yesterday, 08:33 PM

X is right. I like Adams as well as anyone and have high hopes for him, but claiming he was a spark every time he played is stretching it. Most of his minutes were in garbage time as well. Complaining about Vince staying in front of Batum is kind of silly when you don't mention Adams not staying in front of Thompson as he torched us that game during the season.

Adams could develop into a nice player but he ain't ready to take minutes from vets yet.

Your joking and if not then you are too much of a homer for me to take anything you say seriously again.

How can you realistically compare the situations X was talking up VC defensive prowess which he hardly has any and you back him up with Adams failure to stop Klay Thompson SERIOUSLY you expect a rookie who we have wasted on the bench the whole season in favor of Carter and whoever else was in front of him to stop an all star SG in one of the last games of the season? How could you even type that and think that was a fair criticism? Especially since we know Adams isn't a defensive stopper or even that good of a one on one defender yet. But he proved that he deserved minutes with the bench unit and Carter did not prove he deserved the contract we wasted on him.

We needed someone who could provide some offense off the bench and all season long the only person that did that was Beno there are two other wing positions where Adams could have gotten some time to develop chemistry with that unit but all he got was scrub time but he still showed what he could do if he had real minutes. So don't try and justify Carter's horrible season by saying Adams wasn't ready on defense cause he didn't stop Klay that is a joke and an excuse.

#43 smit-tay griz

smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,223 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:22 PM

Your joking and if not then you are too much of a homer for me to take anything you say seriously again.

How can you realistically compare the situations X was talking up VC defensive prowess which he hardly has any and you back him up with Adams failure to stop Klay Thompson SERIOUSLY you expect a rookie who we have wasted on the bench the whole season in favor of Carter and whoever else was in front of him to stop an all star SG in one of the last games of the season? How could you even type that and think that was a fair criticism? Especially since we know Adams isn't a defensive stopper or even that good of a one on one defender yet. But he proved that he deserved minutes with the bench unit and Carter did not prove he deserved the contract we wasted on him.

We needed someone who could provide some offense off the bench and all season long the only person that did that was Beno there are two other wing positions where Adams could have gotten some time to develop chemistry with that unit but all he got was scrub time but he still showed what he could do if he had real minutes. So don't try and justify Carter's horrible season by saying Adams wasn't ready on defense cause he didn't stop Klay that is a joke and an excuse.

How  can I take you seriously if you don't understand that there is a lot more to playing basketball that veterans already KNOW how to do in order to win ball games.  That is why they get the minutes.  We are not a rebuilding team that can afford to give a ton of minutes to rookies. This team made a commitment to going as far as they can.  A win now situation.  How many rookies got playing time for the Spurs on their way to the championship last season?  How many for the Warriors or Cavs this season.  The reality is that rookies seldom get significant minutes on teams trying to win a championship unless they are a superstar type player like Magic and Bird were, especially when there are proven veterans ahead of them.  Get over it.

#44 IdrinkGuinness

IdrinkGuinness

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,633 posts
  • Interests:Heavy metal, horror movies, beer, camping.

Posted Yesterday, 09:38 PM

i tend to agree with Smit & X.. vets can develop too and need mins too btw . i would have loved to have seen ADams more but that's not really how it goes when teams are going "all in "  .

#45 Ndq0327

Ndq0327

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,831 posts

Posted Today, 06:52 AM

How  can I take you seriously if you don't understand that there is a lot more to playing basketball that veterans already KNOW how to do in order to win ball games.  That is why they get the minutes.  We are not a rebuilding team that can afford to give a ton of minutes to rookies. This team made a commitment to going as far as they can.  A win now situation.  How many rookies got playing time for the Spurs on their way to the championship last season?  How many for the Warriors or Cavs this season.  The reality is that rookies seldom get significant minutes on teams trying to win a championship unless they are a superstar type player like Magic and Bird were, especially when there are proven veterans ahead of them.  Get over it.

The spurs started Kyle Anderson this season and he played rotation minutes during the regular season I don't know if he played or not in the playoffs but he did get minutes during the year. GS doesnt have any rookies unless you wanna count Mcadoo but I'm not counting him.

Cleveland has been playing Delledova the whole season and he's an undrafted second year player that didn't play last season.

Atl is playing Muscala who was overseas most of his rookie season so this is his first year in the league full time and he's got minutes and almost won a playoff game for them.

So I'm missing the part where teams that are going all in don't play their young players. That seems to be exclusively a grizzly thing.

Vets like VC aren't developing anything new at this stage whatever he has to give he gives whether he starts comes off the bench or in scrub minutes you will still get the same thing. I didn't say Adams needed all of VC minutes but get could have gotten some of them but to say he didn't deserved to play at all is wrong.

#46 smit-tay griz

smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,223 posts

Posted Today, 08:36 AM

The spurs started Kyle Anderson this season and he played rotation minutes during the regular season I don't know if he played or not in the playoffs but he did get minutes during the year. GS doesnt have any rookies unless you wanna count Mcadoo but I'm not counting him.

Cleveland has been playing Delledova the whole season and he's an undrafted second year player that didn't play last season.

Atl is playing Muscala who was overseas most of his rookie season so this is his first year in the league full time and he's got minutes and almost won a playoff game for them.

So I'm missing the part where teams that are going all in don't play their young players. That seems to be exclusively a grizzly thing.

Vets like VC aren't developing anything new at this stage whatever he has to give he gives whether he starts comes off the bench or in scrub minutes you will still get the same thing. I didn't say Adams needed all of VC minutes but get could have gotten some of them but to say he didn't deserved to play at all is wrong.

Anderson barely got more minutes than Adams because SAS had some injury problems during the season.

Dellavedova is in his second season as a regular rotation player as Kyrie's backup.  His minutes were nearly the same last season earning minutes on a lottery team and approximately what Kosta gets for us.

#47 memphtucky

memphtucky

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted Today, 08:43 AM

It's a joke that guys think Adams shouldn't be getting any burn because he's a rookie. Guess who was on the all rookie team their rookie year? KlayThompson. Now look at him. Again I'm not saying he should have been getting big minutes but 8-10 mins a game.

#48 memphtucky

memphtucky

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted Today, 08:44 AM

Adams filled a role that we needed...a scorer. Yet, he was still never really given a shot.

#49 SC Grizz

SC Grizz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,635 posts

Posted Today, 09:23 AM

BPA that looks good on the bench or in a suit. 

#50 smit-tay griz

smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,223 posts

Posted Today, 09:35 AM

It's a joke that guys think Adams shouldn't be getting any burn because he's a rookie. Guess who was on the all rookie team their rookie year? KlayThompson. Now look at him. Again I'm not saying he should have been getting big minutes but 8-10 mins a game.

I would have liked for Adams to see more minutes as well, especially when Carter was hurt, but Joerger opted for more defense and inserted Nick.  Since Nick is pretty much hated around here I'm sure everyone thinks that was a bad decision, but NC did have a stretch where he was fantastic at harassing ball handlers.  Other than that stretch you have to remember who was ahead of him in the pecking order - a solid two-way player and the best 3-pt threat on the team, an NBA All Defensive Team multiple time first team selection, and a future HoFer who was SixthMOY two seasons ago.

Oh yeah, Adams is not Klay Thompson and Klay didn't have that many quality players ahead of him.

#51 Ndq0327

Ndq0327

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,831 posts

Posted Today, 09:38 AM

What solid two way player you must mean Jeff ok

#52 Ndq0327

Ndq0327

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,831 posts

Posted Today, 09:39 AM

Anderson barely got more minutes than Adams because SAS had some injury problems during the season.

Dellavedova is in his second season as a regular rotation player as Kyrie's backup.  His minutes were nearly the same last season earning minutes on a lottery team and approximately what Kosta gets for us.

Delledova was not the back up last season

#53 smit-tay griz

smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,223 posts

Posted Today, 09:41 AM

What solid two way player you must mean Jeff ok

Adams is a SG.  Jeff is not.  Is this your way of saying that CLee is not a solid two-way player?

Crazy.

#54 smit-tay griz

smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,223 posts

Posted Today, 09:42 AM

Delledova was not the back up last season

He was in the games I watched.  He had almost identical minutes as well.

#55 Ndq0327

Ndq0327

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,831 posts

Posted Today, 09:44 AM

Adams is a SG.  Jeff is not.  Is this your way of saying that CLee is not a solid two-way player?

Crazy.

No I misread you were saying Lee was both my bad

#56 Ndq0327

Ndq0327

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,831 posts

Posted Today, 09:46 AM

He was in the games I watched.  He had almost identical minutes as well.

Jarrett Jack was the back up

#57 smit-tay griz

smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,223 posts

Posted Today, 10:03 AM

Jarrett Jack was the back up

You're right, I remember Jack was there, but judging from the minutes played they must have been playing Jack at the SG some since he had more minutes than any guard on the team not named Irving.  Still the point is the same, Dellevedova was a rotation player last season logging the 7th most minutes on the team.

#58 GrizzTigerFan

GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,056 posts

Posted Today, 11:17 AM

This is insanely stupid. But these are some of the same posters who argued that Tayshaun wasn't the worst starting Sf in the league last year. Also they argue that because tony has a high fG% that he isn't a problem on offense.

Pretty much gonna blindly follow whatever Coach Grizz hire no matter what he does. Joerger could start playing Kosta at Pg and they would argue that it's ok because he must've shown he could in practice.

What they should notice is that ppl are only questioning the decision not to attempt to integrate Adams. no one is saying Russ or Stokes should've gotten a lot of minutes. Then they may understand that the reason is because we desperately needed the skillset he already has.
Adams showed he could shoot and pretty much majority of our "veteran" wings showed they couldn't. What difference does it make if he is a rookie or a 10yr Vet. All we needed him to do was make shots and he can. Not be a lockdown defender or box out Centers. he already knew the offense due to "practice" and d league stints.

It's okay to admit that Joerger has negative bias towards rookies. That wouldn't be the first time a NBA coach did. but it's just lazy to assume Adams can't contribute because he is a rookie. Dude has been sting Bball majority of his life this ain't nuclear physics.