9289 replies to this topic

#9221 Acehigh718

Acehigh718

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,597 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 07:30 AM

I dunno, but when Joerger asked for it, he didn't get it.

Sometimes it's not about what you ask for, but how you ask. I really liked CDJ, but he did come off as a bit of an egomaniac. I doubt that we run into a situation with Fizdale where he's burning bridges withe the FO.

#9222 Acehigh718

Acehigh718

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,597 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 07:30 AM

I dunno, but when Joerger asked for it, he didn't get it.

Sometimes it's not about what you ask for, but how you ask. I really liked CDJ, but he did come off as a bit of an egomaniac. I doubt that we run into a situation with Fizdale where he's burning bridges with the FO.

#9223 TimBC

TimBC

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,328 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:31 AM

Sometimes it's not about what you ask for, but how you ask. I really liked CDJ, but he did come off as a bit of an egomaniac.  

Probably. And it's a fine line; I think that to be a head coach in the NBA you need rock-solid self-confidence.

A little too much of that, and you're in trouble. 

That's probably what does in most coaches who "lose the team" and some who lose the front office.

#9224 scooter

scooter

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:53 AM

he use to couldn't shoot...he is actually turning himself into a rather decent 3&D wing...shot 41% from 3pt line last year in the dleague on almost 4 attempts per game

Well as LUV commented, he has some defensive skills. But 41% from beyond the arc in D-League doesn't mean a whole lot. Now if he can demonstrate decent shooting stats at The NBA level, I'll be glad to re-evaluate my negative shots at him.  :)

#9225 scooter

scooter

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 11:02 AM

Probably. And it's a fine line; I think that to be a head coach in the NBA you need rock-solid self-confidence.

A little too much of that, and you're in trouble. 

That's probably what does in most coaches who "lose the team" and some who lose the front office.

I don't think Fizdale will "lose the team".  Imo, the Grizz's future W/L record will ultimately determine his job security.

Fizdale has the savvy to stay on the same wave lengths as the F. O. I believe he will be the best coach we have ever had and I loved the" Hubie Era".

#9226 TimBC

TimBC

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,328 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:38 PM

I loved the" Hubie Era".

Me too. I can't believe the players hated the 10-man rotation so much that it mattered more than winning. 

#9227 Elillo

Elillo

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 09:32 AM

Me too. I can't believe the players hated the 10-man rotation so much that it mattered more than winning. 

https://youtu.be/3wT__p6r9WA

Hubie's PG still able to throw nasty passes.

#9228 Notorious O.D.K.

Notorious O.D.K.

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,882 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Redskins, Tigers and Vols!!!!!!!

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:23 AM

The Grizzlies signed Troy WIlliams out of Indiana to a partially guaranteed deal. Sounds like the same thing DJ and Selden got but why sign 3 swingmen to these deals. Where are the PGs and C's?

#9229 scooter

scooter

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:06 PM

The Grizzlies signed Troy WIlliams out of Indiana to a partially guaranteed deal. Sounds like the same thing DJ and Selden got but why sign 3 swingmen to these deals. Where are the PGs and C's?

Indeed!  Where are they?  Marc not being healthy enough to ball with his Country's team is not good news. His continuing foot issue is not good news. And our lack of talent (other than Conley ) at  guard is not good as well.

#9230 Allen

Allen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,504 posts
  • Location:The City Where I live in and the City Where im from

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:33 PM

I'm fine with Harrison and Wade getting the backup PG minutes. You want to develop players you have to play them.

I'm not comfortable with Wright being our only backup C again though

#9231 Notorious O.D.K.

Notorious O.D.K.

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,882 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Redskins, Tigers and Vols!!!!!!!

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:35 PM

Indeed!  Where are they?  Marc not being healthy enough to ball with his Country's team is not good news. His continuing foot issue is not good news. And our lack of talent (other than Conley ) at  guard is not good as well.

I'm not worried about Marc not being able to play for Spain. As far as I can tell, he's still on schedule. My worry was that he would be hard headed and go out and try to play in the Olympics and re-injure himself. This gives him another 3-4 months to rest and recover as opposed to him pushing himself too soon. 

#9232 BnaBreaker

BnaBreaker

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,836 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:41 PM

I'm really confused about all these signings.  My first assumption would be that they're just training camp deals, but the wording makes them sound like anything but. 

#9233 PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:39 PM

I'm really confused about all these signings.  My first assumption would be that they're just training camp deals, but the wording makes them sound like anything but. 

maybe they are getting guys for the iowa dleague team

#9234 Kevin B Moses

Kevin B Moses

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,382 posts
  • Interests:Hiring lawyers to run basketball teams, and firing successful head coaches who challenge my idiocy.

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:21 PM

If the grizzlies were going to do this, it makes it even more confusing and poor decision not to draft Mccaw. Anybody with an eye could see the kid was going to be a hard worker with loads of potential. 

#9235 scooter

scooter

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 09:57 PM

Troy Williams is trash     F.O. back to having Brain Farts. 

#9236 Teddy.B

Teddy.B

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:20 PM

F.O had two good moments. Parsons and Davis. Conley's contract is not smart basketball and Bladwin will be a journey man type player at best with teams looking for something in him, but him never really delivering.

#9237 srmjr23

srmjr23

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:51 AM

All it takes is signing a guy to a training camp deal for you guys to turn into The Miserables 

#9238 Benji

Benji

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:37 AM

Troy Williams is trash     F.O. back to having Brain Farts. 

This is a training camp deal. Guys who perform well in Summer League always get training camp deals.

#9239 Dwash

Dwash

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,944 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:25 AM

Selden, Williams and DJ are worth giving a look at.

#9240 BHZMAFIA

BHZMAFIA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:44 AM

I see nothing wrong with these signings. 

People on here preach so much about acquiring another team's "gem" they found. Yet, we aren't patient enough to see if we can find our own. It seems like they are really putting a lot of trust into Fizdale's player development trait. All we need is for one of these guys to become a rotational player or better for it to be considered a win.