9225 replies to this topic

#9221 Acehigh718

Acehigh718

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,590 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:30 AM

I dunno, but when Joerger asked for it, he didn't get it.

Sometimes it's not about what you ask for, but how you ask. I really liked CDJ, but he did come off as a bit of an egomaniac. I doubt that we run into a situation with Fizdale where he's burning bridges withe the FO.

#9222 Acehigh718

Acehigh718

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,590 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:30 AM

I dunno, but when Joerger asked for it, he didn't get it.

Sometimes it's not about what you ask for, but how you ask. I really liked CDJ, but he did come off as a bit of an egomaniac. I doubt that we run into a situation with Fizdale where he's burning bridges with the FO.

#9223 TimBC

TimBC

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,320 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:31 AM

Sometimes it's not about what you ask for, but how you ask. I really liked CDJ, but he did come off as a bit of an egomaniac.  

Probably. And it's a fine line; I think that to be a head coach in the NBA you need rock-solid self-confidence.

A little too much of that, and you're in trouble. 

That's probably what does in most coaches who "lose the team" and some who lose the front office.

#9224 scooter

scooter

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:53 AM

he use to couldn't shoot...he is actually turning himself into a rather decent 3&D wing...shot 41% from 3pt line last year in the dleague on almost 4 attempts per game

Well as LUV commented, he has some defensive skills. But 41% from beyond the arc in D-League doesn't mean a whole lot. Now if he can demonstrate decent shooting stats at The NBA level, I'll be glad to re-evaluate my negative shots at him.  :)

#9225 scooter

scooter

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:02 AM

Probably. And it's a fine line; I think that to be a head coach in the NBA you need rock-solid self-confidence.

A little too much of that, and you're in trouble. 

That's probably what does in most coaches who "lose the team" and some who lose the front office.

I don't think Fizdale will "lose the team".  Imo, the Grizz's future W/L record will ultimately determine his job security.

Fizdale has the savvy to stay on the same wave lengths as the F. O. I believe he will be the best coach we have ever had and I loved the" Hubie Era".

#9226 TimBC

TimBC

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,320 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:38 PM

I loved the" Hubie Era".

Me too. I can't believe the players hated the 10-man rotation so much that it mattered more than winning.