• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#141 Ndq0327

Ndq0327

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,401 posts
  • Interests:My family, sports, fishing, my xbox, and browsing the web.

Posted Yesterday, 05:36 AM

I just know fo sho we can't go into the playoffs with leur as our primary backup at PF.  stokes is not ready because of youth.  The green signing today confirmed my concerns.

I dont think it confirms that Leuer will be bumped out of his spot. I might confirm that leuer wont be with the team much longer. Unless Dave has been letting green soak up as much of the playbook as possible these past 20 days I dont see how all of a sudden he becomes our back up since he hasn't been playing much in games.

Wallce said on Vernon that they had been lpoking at Green for a while so they probably want him more for his longterm iimpact. I could see him as a Dante Cunningham 2.0 which isnt that bad as a back up.

#142 inyofacez55

inyofacez55

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,388 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:51 AM

I just know fo sho we can't go into the playoffs with leur as our primary backup at PF. stokes is not ready because of youth. The green signing today confirmed my concerns.

John L has potential but is highly inconsistent. We need more athleticism and/or perimeter offense. If we focus on giving the ball to Marc and Zach well most def peak at the second round if were lucky enough to get out the first. I have more faith in the splash bros offense than the ground and pound. Teams figured us out a long time ago. Maybe jamycal is the athlete we need.

Jeff green CLee and Conley needs more perimeter plays ran for them. Jeff green needs to be a corner 3 threat. Conley needs more attempts too and it will open the lane for him too drive and drain his tony Parker like floaters. CLee needs confidence in himself to attempt more. Ground and pound would be much more effective if we would stop being one dimensional.

I also think Vince is more of an X factor than most think. Nobody talks about him. He won us a few games this year. Hope his injury hasn't negatively screwed his play.

#143 fanboyslim

fanboyslim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,809 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:00 PM

Is this official? All the news point to the original source in RealGM, and they're not exactly the most reliable source.

#144 kboyar

kboyar

1st Team

• Fan Advisory Board
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:43 PM

Is this official? All the news point to the original source in RealGM, and they're not exactly the most reliable source.

ESPN had a blurb on it as well this morning in the rumors section

#145 fanboyslim

fanboyslim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,809 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:51 PM

ESPN had a blurb on it as well this morning in the rumors section

Yeah, it's the rumor thing that keeps me wondering. CBS also mentions it as a rumor. Everything seems to go back to that RealGM scoop.

#146 Uptempojoe

Uptempojoe

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:10 PM

2-year partially guaranteed contract I guess his first game against the wolves really made a good enough impression on the FO. I approve this choice. I say give him half maybe even all of Johnny badgers PT

#147 southbluffsgrizzfan

southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,494 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:27 PM

I have been wondering about this for a few days now.  I got the alert on my phone from Bleacher Report who refers to RealGM as the source of the report.  I have watched the Commercial Appeal to see if RonRon (Ron Tillery--Grizz beat writer)writes anything about it and so far he has NOT.    So who knows.  I would figure if it were official, RonRon would have tweeted about it or something.  

#148 The Stro Show

The Stro Show

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:25 PM

It's on the Grizz homepage: http://www.nba.com/g...contract-150302

#149 fanboyslim

fanboyslim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,809 posts

Posted Today, 01:25 AM

It's on the Grizz homepage: http://www.nba.com/g...contract-150302

Yeah, that cites CW as the source, so I guess now it's official.

#150 Grizball

Grizball

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted Today, 04:03 AM

So with the Jamychal Green signing, our roster is all set at 15 now. McGee is available and 10 teams (mostly playoff teams) are reportedly interested in him, I wonder if we are one of them. He could be a very interesting option.