503 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:53 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Tony Allen Nick Calathes Ed Davis Jamaal Franklin James Johnson Kosta Koufos John Leuer Mike Miller Quincy Pondexter Beno Udrih
Thunder Steven Adams Caron Butler Nick Collison Derek Fisher Reggie Jackson Grant Jerrett Perry Jones Jeremy Lamb Andre Roberson Hasheem Thabeet

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

2014 NBA Playoffs, Round 1, Western Conference, 2 vs 7

1. Grizzlies @ Thunder Game 1: Sat, Apr 19, 8:30 pm CT - Loss 86-100
  2. Grizzlies @ Thunder Game 2: Mon, Apr 21, 7:00 pm CT - Win 111-105 OT
  3. Thunder @ Grizzlies Game 3: Thu, Apr 24, 7:00 pm CT - Win 98-95 OT
  4. Thunder @ Grizzlies Game 4: Sat, Apr 26, 8:30 pm CT - SportSouth, ESPN, Promos
  5. Grizzlies @ Thunder Game 5: Tue, Apr 29, 8:00 pm CT - FOX STN, NBA TV, Watch
  6. Thunder @ Grizzlies Game 6*: Thu, May 1, Time TBD - FOX STN, Promos
  7. Grizzlies @ Thunder Game 7*: Sat, May 3, Time TBD - SportSouth, TNT, Watch
  8. *If Necessary
  9. OKC/MEM Series: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo
  10. NBA Playoffs: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 10SC-2-TOKYO

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,420 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

Leggooo !!!

#3 MemphisX

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,948 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

Yes!!!!

#4 fanboyslim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:02 PM

I'm just picturing the Thunders in their hotel rooms, stewing over two straight heartbreaking OT losses for the next two days. It sucks to be them.

#5 bgassassin

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,301 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

Posted Image

#6 BHZMAFIA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:15 PM

In 2011, Game 4 was the turning the point of the series. Let's not give OKC the momentum of making this a series again. Win Game 4 and I think we win this series. Lose Game 4, and it gets kinda scary.

#7 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,837 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

That was a bushleague move from Perkins and a BS foul from Westbrick. Time to stick it to them.

#8 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:46 PM

Can we please not give up a 4 point play this game which would result in a miracle for them to get the game to overtime?

Tomorrow the Grizz focus on how to defend the 3 pt shot without fouling. Great wins though but we should've won game 3 by 20.

#9 Grizzly Adams

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

View Postnotnilc20, on 24 April 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

Can we please not give up a 4 point play this game which would result in a miracle for them to get the game to overtime?

You be quiet! We are 2-0 when those plays happen and 0-1 when they don't!

#10 10SC-2-TOKYO

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,420 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

View PostAPSUGrizzlies, on 24 April 2014 - 10:48 PM, said:

...We are 2-0 when those plays happen and 0-1 when they don't!

PREACH !

#11 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

View PostAPSUGrizzlies, on 24 April 2014 - 10:48 PM, said:

You be quiet! We are 2-0 when those plays happen and 0-1 when they don't!

Yeah i hear ya, but we wouldn't have had to go to overtime if those plays didn't happen and we'd still be 2-1 in the series.

But maybe OKC getting beat in overtime will drain them mentally and the Grizzlies staying resilient in OT will keep them growing as a team. GO GRIZZLIES!!!!!!!

#12 fanboyslim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:31 AM

http://bleacherrepor...ch-scott-brooks
This puts an interesting spin on Kerr's comments yesterday.

#13 CoachHesam

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
  • Interests:3.5% APR

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:47 AM

Westbrook in Hotelroom: "Son of a $%^& Mother %%%* I'm gonna kill them on Saturday just watch me make 36"
Durant: "Cool it, sit down and have some ice-tea"

#14 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,788 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:46 AM

I just think we have to go up 3-1...being an underdog..you must get a really good head start and give ourselves multiple games to close them out

YO

#15 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,819 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:58 AM

View PostGrizzliesIQYO, on 25 April 2014 - 05:46 AM, said:

I just think we have to go up 3-1...being an underdog..you must get a really good head start and give ourselves multiple games to close them out YO

Wouldn't it be interesting if the Grizzlies win the series in 5 games just like last season when the team was lucky to win because Westbrook was injured?

#16 grizzyoface

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:It's all in the family

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:13 AM

View Postchipc3, on 25 April 2014 - 07:58 AM, said:

Wouldn't it be interesting if the Grizzlies win the series in 5 games just like last season when the team was lucky to win because Westbrook was injured?
+1, what will the media give as excuses? Probably just chalk this series up to okc missing shots and not the grizz playing their game and at our pace which frustrates the thunder beyond belief.

#17 GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,437 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:01 AM

View Postfanboyslim, on 25 April 2014 - 03:31 AM, said:

http://bleacherrepor...ch-scott-brooks This puts an interesting spin on Kerr's comments yesterday.

Yea Kerr would be smart to stay far far away from NYK job. HOU GSW and OKC are built to win now. I have no idea how Kerr is as a Coach. However, KD Westbrick and Ibaka in a triangle offense seems like a interesting fit.

#18 Memphis Madness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

View PostGrizzTigerFan, on 25 April 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

Yea Kerr would be smart to stay far far away from NYK job. HOU GSW and OKC are built to win now. I have no idea how Kerr is as a Coach. However, KD Westbrick and Ibaka in a triangle offense seems like a interesting fit.
Steve Kerr sounds like the ANTI-KNICK. The Knicks should throw a bunch of money at Kevin Ollie. He seems more like a Knick and is more likely to be a player's coach. If, Phil wants one of HIS GUYS who can run the triangle, why not make Scottie Pippen the top guy? He has as much coaching experience as Steve Kerr (ZERO), but he is a bigger personality and could really coach defense as well as the triangle. Guys would LISTEN to Scottie Pippen. For Pip's assistant coaches, Phil could go with Luke Walton (a Triangle guy with some assistant coaching experience) and Derek Fisher if he does indeed retire after this season. Then a certified veteran like Jim Cleamons. Cool, I actually googled Jim Cleamons to spell his name right, and it looks like he wants to join the Knicks organization. ... some combination of Pippen, Cleamons, and Derek Fisher makes more sense than letting Steve Kerr run the show. Kerr didn't play defense, didn't really run much of the offense either, and wasn't one of the main go-to scorers. Scottie Pippen was all of those things, PLUS he was on both threepeat editions.

#19 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

View PostBHZMAFIA, on 24 April 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

In 2011, Game 4 was the turning the point of the series. Let's not give OKC the momentum of making this a series again. Win Game 4 and I think we win this series. Lose Game 4, and it gets kinda scary.

I agree. Not to take any thing away from the win last night; but Durant and Westbrook missed more 3 point shots than usual last night. The Grizz were in their face on some of them. But quite a few of their 3 pointers were good open looks at the basket, and I counted several that went in and just popped out.

The Grizz can't count on BOTH Durant and Westbrook to keep missing as many 3 pointers and other perimeter shots as they did last night. The law of averages usually evens these things out.

We need to send the thunders back to OKC with the pressure of having to come back from a 3 to 1 deficit.

Also, Price got to many minutes of playing time last night. I don't care that much whether he starts or not, but imo he should get no more than 10 to 12 minutes playing time. He gives the Grizz almost nothing on offense.

He's still looks sick and when you combine that with his age, he is just to slow to keep up with trying to guard Durant effectively. I still think we should give some playing time to James Johnson. He looks to me to be as tall as Prince, and he certainly is quicker, jumps higher, and is more physical.

If Johnson starts fouling to much, or isn't doing a decent job while he's out there; take him out. But give him a chance to see what he can do. Just saying........

#20 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,788 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:13 AM

View Postchipc3, on 25 April 2014 - 07:58 AM, said:

The color commentators were ready to go on a rant about Westbrook bring hurt until he started dominated in the 4th quarter ...they always want to give an asterisk, Blake griffin was hurt, cp3 was hurt, Westbrook didn't play blah , blah, blah...we are a better TEAM..I'll take our 9 against any 2

YO