345 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,419 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:23 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Tony Allen Nick Calathes Ed Davis Jamaal Franklin James Johnson Kosta Koufos John Leuer Mike Miller Quincy Pondexter Beno Udrih
Thunder Steven Adams Caron Butler Nick Collison Derek Fisher Reggie Jackson Grant Jerrett Perry Jones Jeremy Lamb Andre Roberson Hasheem Thabeet

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

2014 NBA Playoffs, Round 1, Western Conference, 2 vs 7

1. Grizzlies @ Thunder Game 1: Sat, Apr 19, 8:30 pm CT - SportSouth, ESPN, Watch
  2. Grizzlies @ Thunder Game 2: Mon, Apr 21, 7:00 pm CT - FOX STN, TNT, Watch
  3. Thunder @ Grizzlies Game 3: Thu, Apr 24, 7:00 pm CT - SportSouth, TNT, Promos
  4. Thunder @ Grizzlies Game 4: Sat, Apr 26, 8:30 pm CT - SportSouth, ESPN, Promos
  5. Grizzlies @ Thunder Game 5*: Tue, Apr 29, Time TBD - FOX STN, Watch
  6. Thunder @ Grizzlies Game 6*: Thu, May 1, Time TBD - FOX STN, Promos
  7. Grizzlies @ Thunder Game 7*: Sat, May 3, Time TBD - SportSouth, TNT, Watch
  8. *If Necessary
  9. OKC/MEM Series: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo
  10. NBA Playoffs: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 Mtownballer

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Music, Sports, Guitars, Grizzlies, Titans

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

Here we go playoff time baby!!!

#3 10SC-2-TOKYO

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,419 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:26 PM

PLAYOFFS !!!

#4 bgassassin

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,297 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:26 PM

Don't know if my post helped in the other thread, but I put the date and time there primarily to help you get this thread started if you saw it.

#5 tmoneyinmphs

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:41 PM

#6 bgassassin

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,297 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:11 PM

So the Grizzlies and Blazers tie for the longest winning streaks to end the season at five each. OKC really stumbled down the stretch. They went 5-4 in April with some seemingly mediocre efforts against two poor teams even with heavy minutes for Durant. Hopefully this is a sign that the Grizzlies can take the first game.

#7 MemphisX

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,948 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:55 AM

Might have to go catch Kevin Durant in a playoff game this season.

#8 CoachHesam

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
  • Interests:3.5% APR

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:27 AM

Here we go, with OKC there is a fair chance. Much better chance than with SAS.
I don't trust Joerger much to make the best decisions after the unnecessary Conley rush and offensive-foul final 20sec of Mavs game but if somehow Grizz can contain Westbrook and keep him within 14-16 points they can beat OKC in 6, but if Durant explodes for 35+ which is easy for him then Grizz will fall in 6. The key to win is westbrook since no one can defend Durant, it takes Kareem or Wilt to defend someone 6'9" who can rise to 10 feet and shoot accurately. You can put the 6'10" Davis on him to get him tired a little so he starts missing by the 4th quarter. That's all one can hope for with Durant.

MEMPHIS-TIME

Posted Image

#9 jdh6e

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:16 AM

Ed Davis would get abused by Durant, I hope Joerger doesn't go with that matchup. Let Tay/Tony/JJ wear him down throughout 4 quarters.

#10 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,781 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:19 AM

I'm thinking Grizz in 5

YO

#11 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,419 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:24 AM

View Postbgassassin, on 16 April 2014 - 10:26 PM, said:

Don't know if my post helped in the other thread, but I put the date and time there primarily to help you get this thread started if you saw it.
I have the times. Sorry but I don't understand this post.

#12 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,419 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:24 AM

View PostCoachHesam, on 17 April 2014 - 04:27 AM, said:

Here we go, with OKC there is a fair chance. Much better chance than with SAS. I don't trust Joerger much to make the best decisions after the unnecessary Conley rush and offensive-foul final 20sec of Mavs game but if somehow Grizz can contain Westbrook and keep him within 14-16 points they can beat OKC in 6, but if Durant explodes for 35+ which is easy for him then Grizz will fall in 6. The key to win is westbrook since no one can defend Durant, it takes Kareem or Wilt to defend someone 6'9" who can rise to 10 feet and shoot accurately. You can put the 6'10" Davis on him to get him tired a little so he starts missing by the 4th quarter. That's all one can hope for with Durant. Posted Image
These times are Eastern. The thread uses Central -- Memphis time.

#13 bgassassin

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,297 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:36 AM

View PostCoachHesam, on 17 April 2014 - 04:27 AM, said:

I don't trust Joerger much to make the best decisions after the unnecessary Conley rush and offensive-foul final 20sec of Mavs game

Out of all the things he could possibly be blamed for, you blame him for that?

View PostSixthMan, on 17 April 2014 - 06:24 AM, said:

I have the times. Sorry but I don't understand this post.

http://boards.grizzl...ndpost&p=658792

It was just in case you had checked out the previous game thread.

#14 mschnbch

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:51 AM

Grizz took OKC to 7 when they had James Harden and should/could have won that series if not for the 3 OT game, They destroyed them last year without Westbrook, and the overall series all time since they moved to OKC from Seattle has been equal across the board basically. I don't understand why most think we are going to get blown away by them. If I were OKC I would be afraid.. Very afraid. Grizz have been playing very good basketball starting with that Miami game. The PHX and Dallas games showed that we are making the necessary plays down the stretch to win playoff basketball games. I'm thrilled that we got the 7th seed and get to play OKC because I honestly think we are the better team. They may have KD and Westbrook but we rely on team basketball and thats what wins in the playoffs. See the SA Spurs. Marc needs to be aggressive the whole series and Courtney needs to hit every shot he takes. Let's go grab game 1 in that annoying Chesapeake Arena and bring this sucker to the Grindhouse 1-1, or 2-0. Grit Grind!

EDIT: I'm saving my 1000th post for a GRIZZ WIN on Saturday!

Edited by mschnbch, 17 April 2014 - 06:53 AM.

#15 LadPro

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Interests:being tgmtel

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:00 AM

We need to win this first game. If so, we win in 6.

What are the chances of James Johnson getting some pretty good mins? I like his chances of slowing down KD early.

#16 toomuchd

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:22 AM

I will be there for this game. I have a really good track record in playoff basketball games with the only loss being game 2 against San Antonio last year in OT.

#17 GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,429 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:22 AM

This series is a wonderful way to add more fans to Grizz nation. Thanks to matching up to NBA "Darlings" Durant and Westbrook we will now have prime-time viewing slots on major networks.

Going to the playoffs four years in a row and having great series against Clippers and Thunder is best way to spread Grizz Fever. Emerging victorious in this series will go a long way in changing Free Agents views on coming to Memphis and raise our glass ceiling with National Broadcast.

#18 Ndq0327

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,879 posts
  • Interests:My family, sports, fishing, my xbox, and browsing the web.

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:12 AM

I really hope Joeger has been saving JJ for the Playoff so teams wont think twice about him. Back when he was playing he added a different aspect to our team that teams weren't used to. We can't go in with the same 8 or nine guys Joeger has been playing and expect to win this series. JJ has to get some regular minutes against Durant, cause he will force Durant to play defense.

#19 10SC-2-TOKYO

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,419 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:15 AM

Every year some fringe guys BLOW UP in the playoffs ... make a name for themselves ... on the BIG STAGE !

This year we may see Mr. Johnson introduce himself.

#20 GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,429 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:23 AM

Ron Ron disagrees with you both.

Ron Tillery:
It's a situation of no consequence to the Grizzlies' success. That's not a knock on James Johnson. He did an admirable job when the Griz were really banged up. But they are healthy now and I don't blame Joerger for going with the guys he trusts and who are more disciplined players. Johnson has a great attitude, by the way. He'll probably play now only in case of injury or foul trouble.

This is actually how i see it playing out myself. I mean PHO game was for our playoff lives AND Mavs game was to avoid the deathstrike. Did JJ even sniff the court against two teams that he actually had productive games against previously?? Joerger is going to shorten rotation like he promised. So we better hope Tayshaun drinks some extra RedBull because he playing all the meaningful minutes.

If we see JJ then that means its an elimination game and we are down by 20 in the 4th.