78 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:35 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Tony Allen Nick Calathes Ed Davis Jamaal Franklin Kosta Koufos John Leuer Mike Miller Quincy Pondexter Tayshaun Prince Beno Udrih
76ers Brandon Davies Arnett Moultrie Byron Mullens Nerlens Noel Jason Richardson Adonis Thomas Jarvis Varnado Casper Ware Elliot Williams Tony Wroten

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:50 PM

Gotta keep playing inspired ball. Just pretend they're playing The Heat and go out and handle this little sitiation.

#3 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,826 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:44 AM

Looks like 2 easy wins followed my 2 playoff games

YO

#4 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:45 AM

Heat win really got me believing again. Joerger has got to prove that he's no Hollins clone and get this team playing more consistent offense.

#5 yelloyello

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:33 AM

Must. win.

#6 kboyar

2nd Team

• Fan Advisory Board
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:08 PM

Hoping for a nice old-fashioned blow out

#7 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,658 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

View PostGrizzliesIQYO, on 10 April 2014 - 05:44 AM, said:

Looks like 2 easy wins followed my 2 playoff games YO

I so hope you are right, but the Laker game scares me. I just remember them almost coming back and tying or beating us at FEF because they just sold out and went almost exclusively to jacking 3s. One never knows, it could be their night and it is in La La land. You know the refs will give home cookin to the 16 time world champs.

I have just worried about the Laker game for a few days now when going over the final games of the schedule. In no way am I saying that LAL can play with us, but I just dont want the Grizz to "assume" an easy win and play down to the competition.

Still proud of the guys from last night. What a much needed performance.

Would love for Beno to get some time against the Sixers and let Mike rest some. Maybe Marc and/or Zach can get some rest as well. Just got to take care of bidness

#8 Grizzled Vet

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

The key with the Sixers game is to finish them off quickly so ZBo, Mike & Marc can go less than 30 minutes.

Hope it is a heavy Beno, Calathes, TA, JJ, ED & Koufos game

#9 10SC-2-TOKYO

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,597 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:53 PM

View Postsouthbluffsgrizzfan, on 10 April 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

I so hope you are right, but the Laker game scares me. I just remember them almost coming back and tying or beating us at FEF because they just sold out and went almost exclusively to jacking 3s. One never knows, it could be their night and it is in La La land. You know the refs will give home cookin to the 16 time world champs.

I have just worried about the Laker game for a few days now when going over the final games of the schedule. In no way am I saying that LAL can play with us, but I just dont want the Grizz to "assume" an easy win and play down to the competition.

Still proud of the guys from last night. What a much needed performance.

Would love for Beno to get some time against the Sixers and let Mike rest some. Maybe Marc and/or Zach can get some rest as well. Just got to take care of bidness

Me thinks you worry too much.,, the last time the Blue Bears came this way they laid it down.

Send em back over here - we got this !

Go GRIZZ

#10 oldmanGrizz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:07 AM

I posted this in the 'Playoff positioning' thread with a link, but I'll repeat the news here. Dragic is possibly out for game against Spurs tonite.

#11 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,874 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:34 AM

View PostoldmanGrizz, on 11 April 2014 - 06:07 AM, said:

I posted this in the 'Playoff positioning' thread with a link, but I'll repeat the news here. Dragic is possibly out for game against Spurs tonite.

Don't hold your breath on him not playing against San Antonio. The game is too important. I think the Suns are playing poker here trying to get the Spurs to relax and then come out full strength. Seen it happen too many times that way.

Personally I hope he plays and reinjures the ankle so he misses the Mavs and Grizzlies games.

#12 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:43 AM

I would like to see more of our bench this game and hold back our chips. It's not the best time to be experimenting with lineups but come on, this is arguably the worst team in the NBA we are up against.

#13 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,874 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:48 AM

Can't take the game for granted but it would be nice to see some new faces in the fourth quarter because the game is out of reach. Jamaal Franklin, Jon Leuer, Ed Davis, Nick, Beno and Miller is the lineup I want to see at the end of the blowout.

But first I hope the team makes sure the game is a blowout.

#14 ItIsWhatItIs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:20 AM

Can't wait to see Jamaal Franklin get playing time in the 3rd quarter at the latest, 2nd quarter most likely.

Game is over when the refs throw the ball up, next

#15 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:42 AM

View Postchipc3, on 11 April 2014 - 07:48 AM, said:

Jamaal Franklin, Jon Leuer, Ed Davis, Nick, Beno and Miller is the lineup I want to see at the end of the blowout.

That lineup would get us in trouble, Chip. Six players on the floor gets a technical, I believe. ;) :lol:

#16 oldmanGrizz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

View PostWells, on 11 April 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

That lineup would get us in trouble, Chip. Six players on the floor gets a technical, I believe. ;)/> :lol:/>

:lol:

Yeah. If a team was going to be allowed to use six, it should be Philly anyway.

#17 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,284 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

we need to get Thaddeus Young in a Grizz Jersey next year!!! :D

#18 Grizzled Vet

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

Here is the danger* with this team; they have several guys who have reasons to play emotional, inspired ball tonight.

T. Young - memphis product
Wroten - former Grizz
elliot williams & Adonis Thomas - U of M guys
Byron Mullins - loves to eat BBQ

*Look, I'm not saying danger of losing game, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if this is still a close game with 4 minutes left, and at that point, who knows what happens. Be wary of young guns playing with enthusiasm against a team that needs to rest its legs for bigger fish later. And yes, there are about 4 guys on this roster that shouldn't be in league.

#19 Father Pat

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:The Memphis Grizzlies.

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

View PostGrizzled Vet, on 11 April 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

Here is the danger* with this team; they have several guys who have reasons to play emotional, inspired ball tonight. T. Young - memphis product Wroten - former Grizz elliot williams & Adonis Thomas - U of M guys Byron Mullins - loves to eat BBQ *Look, I'm not saying danger of losing game, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if this is still a close game with 4 minutes left, and at that point, who knows what happens. Be wary of young guns playing with enthusiasm against a team that needs to rest its legs for bigger fish later. And yes, there are about 4 guys on this roster that shouldn't be in league.
Never underestimate the power of BBQ.

#20 Memphis Madness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

View PostGrizzled Vet, on 11 April 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

Here is the danger* with this team; they have several guys who have reasons to play emotional, inspired ball tonight. T. Young - memphis product Wroten - former Grizz elliot williams & Adonis Thomas - U of M guys Byron Mullins - loves to eat BBQ *Look, I'm not saying danger of losing game, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if this is still a close game with 4 minutes left, and at that point, who knows what happens. Be wary of young guns playing with enthusiasm against a team that needs to rest its legs for bigger fish later. And yes, there are about 4 guys on this roster that shouldn't be in league.
Figures Adonis Thomas finally has a good game at FedEx Forum.