Jump to content


Grizzlies & Heat - 4/9/2014


286 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

    Hall of Famer

  • Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Germantown, TN, USA

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Tony Allen Nick Calathes Ed Davis Jamaal Franklin Kosta Koufos John Leuer Mike Miller Quincy Pondexter Tayshaun Prince Beno Udrih
Heat Ray Allen Chris Andersen Michael Beasley Norris Cole Justin Hamilton Udonis Haslem James Jones Rashard Lewis Greg Oden Dwyane Wade

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo



#2 Grizzled Vet

    Champion

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:44 PM

Hopefully this team will be a little more excited to play the Heat than they were the Spurs.
Unfortunately.

While a win is needed, some fire, life, and enthusiasm would be nice.

#3 scooter

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rancho Bernardo,Ca via Collierville,Tn

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

Right now, the Grizz are playing like a team that doesn't deserve to make Western Conference playoffs.

Imo how they play, win or lose, against Miami will be the real barometer as to whether they will make it to the playoffs; (And even then(if they do make them)they will be no better than an 8th seed).

Having said that, I still would like for them to qualify for the playoffs. GO GRIZZ!

Edited by scooter, 06 April 2014 - 09:32 PM.


#4 scooter

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rancho Bernardo,Ca via Collierville,Tn

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:00 PM

The truth is Phoenix and Dallas is doing what they have to do to get in the playoffs. They are winning against the teams like OKC, Portland, LAC, etc...

Phoenix continues to beat the elite teams. You don't have to give them credit; but I do. Particularly, Phoenix. They keep winning despite the tough road schedule they have had and still have ahead of them.

While the Grizz are struggling to beat minus .500% teams. I still haven't given up. It's not over yet; but it looks like the Grizz will have to beat both Phoenix and Dallas now to get in the playoffs.

#5 PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:50 PM

View Postscooter, on 06 April 2014 - 10:00 PM, said:

The truth is Phoenix and Dallas is doing what they have to do to get in the playoffs. They are winning against the teams like OKC, Portland, LAC, etc... Phoenix continues to beat the elite teams. You don't have to give them credit; but I do. Particularly, Phoenix. They keep winning despite the tough road schedule they have had and still have ahead of them. While the Grizz are struggling to beat minus .500% teams. I still haven't given up. It's not over yet; but it looks like the Grizz will have to beat both Phoenix and Dallas now to get in the playoffs.
after tonight's bt whooping...im not sure the guys on the team even want to make the playoff, play the spurs and be embarrased on national tv

#6 KoufosSnozz

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,837 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:40 PM

View Postscooter, on 06 April 2014 - 10:00 PM, said:

The truth is Phoenix and Dallas is doing what they have to do to get in the playoffs. They are winning against the teams like OKC, Portland, LAC, etc... Phoenix continues to beat the elite teams. You don't have to give them credit; but I do. Particularly, Phoenix. They keep winning despite the tough road schedule they have had and still have ahead of them. While the Grizz are struggling to beat minus .500% teams. I still haven't given up. It's not over yet; but it looks like the Grizz will have to beat both Phoenix and Dallas now to get in the playoffs.
They're hungry after being shut out of the playoffs. The Phoenix model gives me some optimism for the Grizz. I would definitely want the Grizz to get younger and more athletic.

#7 Blue Bear

    Champion

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Horn Lake, MS

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:17 AM

It doesn't matter anymore. The Grizzlies are done for the year.

#8 GamesOut

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:26 AM

View PostBlue Bear, on 07 April 2014 - 06:17 AM, said:

It doesn't matter anymore. The Grizzlies are done for the year.
Maybe. As close as they are (currently 9th), the glaring point is the division record of 3-12. Turrible.

#9 yelloyello

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:44 AM

If they lose this game, the season will be over I fear.

#10 chipc3

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,819 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:46 AM

View Postyelloyello, on 07 April 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

If they lose this game, the season will be over I fear.

So they won't play the last four games?

That's a defeatist attitude. Don't give in to your fears. Fight to the end and never give up.

Phoenix still has to play @ New Orleans, @ San Antonio, @ Dallas and Memphis. They aren't assured anything yet if the Grizzlies continue to fight.

#11 scooter

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rancho Bernardo,Ca via Collierville,Tn

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:13 AM

View Postyelloyello, on 07 April 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

If they lose this game, the season will be over I fear.



Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to the dark side. I sense much fear on this board ~ YODA ~


Unfortunately, I feel this fear as well. But I will not give up on the Grizz making the playoffs until they are officially eliminated.

No one thought a Young Hockey team made up of College kids could beat the Professional Russian Hockey team. But they did. I realize comparing that to the Grizz making the playoffs is comparing apples to oranges.

Fans certainly have the right to choose settling for the lottery at this point(the 14th draft pick certainly SHOULD be better than the 21st) rather than trying to make the playoffs where the Grizz chances of getting swept by SAS are very high; still I prefer the Grizz to give their best shot they have at making it to the playoffs. But that just me.

You play it to the end. If not; why play the game?

Edited by scooter, 07 April 2014 - 10:09 AM.


#12 chipc3

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,819 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:18 AM

View Postyelloyello, on 07 April 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

If they lose this game, the season will be over I fear.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 GrizzliesIQYO

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,784 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Grind House- Lower Bowl

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:47 AM

Season ends after this game ..or we can fight to get swept and embarrassed on national tv for the 3rd time in franchise history


YO

#14 chipc3

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,819 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:34 AM

View PostGrizzliesIQYO, on 07 April 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

Season ends after this game ..or we can fight to get swept and embarrassed on national tv for the 3rd time in franchise history YO

The Grizzlies have been swept 4 times in franchise history. If the Grizzlies make the playoffs and get swept it won't be the 3rd time this has happened.

#15 Ndq0327

    Champion

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,895 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis
  • Interests:My family, sports, fishing, my xbox, and browsing the web.

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:00 PM

View Postchipc3, on 07 April 2014 - 08:46 AM, said:

So they won't play the last four games? That's a defeatist attitude. Don't give in to your fears. Fight to the end and never give up. Phoenix still has to play @ New Orleans, @ San Antonio, @ Dallas and Memphis. They aren't assured anything yet if the Grizzlies continue to fight.

Phoenix just has to win 3 of those games I say they beat NO, San Antonio rest its starters and they beat the Spurs, then all they have to do is beat Dallas.

Where we have to beat Miami, Phx, and Dallas just to have a chance at a tie with Phx. Phx is going to play harder for the Playoffs than the Grizz are and they will be rewarded the 8th seed.

#16 chipc3

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,819 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

View PostNdq0327, on 07 April 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

Phoenix just has to win 3 of those games I say they beat NO, San Antonio rest its starters and they beat the Spurs, then all they have to do is beat Dallas. Where we have to beat Miami, Phx, and Dallas just to have a chance at a tie with Phx. Phx is going to play harder for the Playoffs than the Grizz are and they will be rewarded the 8th seed.

So you believe the glass is half empty. I believe it is half full. All the Grizzlies need to do is win their games and they are in the playoffs. They are one loss behind Phoenix, have the tie-breaker and play them again. To make the playoffs the Grizzlies need to win their last 5 games. In fact if they win them all and Dallas loses to either Phoenix or San Antonio then the Grizzlies would finish in 7th place and face the Thunder instead of the Spurs.

That is a fact.

#17 Father Pat

    Champion

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:N.W. of Memphis
  • Interests:The Memphis Grizzlies.

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

View Postscooter, on 07 April 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to the dark side. I sense much fear on this board ~ YODA ~
Are you saying that Direct TV stole the idea for their commercials from Yoda? Those dirty rotten ...

#18 Ndq0327

    Champion

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,895 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis
  • Interests:My family, sports, fishing, my xbox, and browsing the web.

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:03 PM

View Postchipc3, on 07 April 2014 - 12:11 PM, said:

So you believe the glass is half empty. I believe it is half full. All the Grizzlies need to do is win their games and they are in the playoffs. They are one loss behind Phoenix, have the tie-breaker and play them again. To make the playoffs the Grizzlies need to win their last 5 games. In fact if they win them all and Dallas loses to either Phoenix or San Antonio then the Grizzlies would finish in 7th place and face the Thunder instead of the Spurs. That is a fact.

yea but Phx is the team proving they can win the games needed to get in the Grizz haven't proved that. Thankfully for the Grizz they have Philly and LA which should be 2 guaranteed wins, but that's not a given.

#19 toomuchd

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

I am of the opinion that if we win this game, we make the playoffs. Lose, we are out. Have some pride.

#20 scooter

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rancho Bernardo,Ca via Collierville,Tn

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:33 PM

View PostFather Pat, on 07 April 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

Are you saying that Direct TV stole the idea for their commercials from Yoda? Those dirty rotten ...

Exactly! As James Cagney would say: "you dirty rat", you...

Or from the movie->"PEGGY SUE GOT MARRIED"....Why(!) I aughtta'...

Edited by scooter, 07 April 2014 - 01:34 PM.