• 5,398 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

Matchups
Date & Time: Wednesday, February 12, 6:00 pm CT
Television: SportSouth, NBA LP / LPBB / LPM
Radio/Audio: 92.9FM, 680AM, Affiliates, NBA ALP / GT
Watch Party: Chiwawa

Benches

Grizzlies Tony Allen Mike Conley Ed Davis Jamaal Franklin James Johnson Kosta Koufos John Leuer Mike Miller Darius Morris Quincy Pondexter
Magic Maurice Harkless Doron Lamb Jason Maxiell E’Twaun Moore Andrew Nicholson Kyle O’Quinn Victor Oladipo Ronnie Price

#2 Teddy.B

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

Lets get this!!!!!!!!!!

#3 TT_Grizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:45 PM

does anyone realize we haven't seen a fully healthy Big 3 playing with James Johnson and Courtney Lee? interesting

#4 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:06 AM

Would be great going into the All-Star break on a winning note. Go Grizz. Believe!

#5 toomuchd

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:37 AM

Huge opportunity here. Mavs play at Indiana on a back to back and Golden State plays the heat. We could be sitting 1 back at the all-star break.

#6 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,774 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:10 AM

Tough game tonight. Back to back flying east so the team actually loses an hour in transit.

#7 Grinder 901

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:16 AM

Don't take them lightly. Play hard get the win and let's go home happy

#8 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,514 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:21 AM

Don't see how this Magic team has any wins this season but somehow they have beaten 16 teams.... let's not be 17!

#9 toomuchd

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:26 AM

Orlando has a 3 game home winning streak with wins against OKC and Indiana. We don't do well against teams with losing streaks so this may be better for us.

#10 lil'tony wroten

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

I wish we could come in and ahnihalate these guys! we need a blowout win, and as bad as this team is they will play us close and we will feel luck to have won, that's assuming we win

#11 memphis slim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,505 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

just win guys.
win, and then take it easy for several days.

slim.

#12 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

I remember last year the Grizz went to MIA and played the Heat tough the whole game, led a lot of the game. Zach twisted his ankle badly early in the 1st quarter but he went ahead and played through it and finished the game. It took a 3 pointer from the top of the key from King James to finally give MIA the win 91-89.

Two nights later, the Grizz went to ORL and played maybe their most professional game of the season. I think Zach sat out, but the Grizz played swarming defense with TA and Mike wreaking havoc and Marc protecting the rim and they beat ORL quite easily in ORL 108-82. I mean the defense was amazing and the offensive execution was as good as we could do last year.

I really hope that we can do that tonight. ORL has faced good defenses lately and beaten OKC and IND in their last 2 home games as has been noted earlier in this thread.

After watching the team literally almost give the game away last night and after watching the team actually give the game away against CLE, I think we have to be realistic and understand that most likely this will be a loss.

Pregame has shown highlights from the earlier meeting and it showed Mike Conley draining a 3 because his defender could not get up on him for fear of him going right around and to the rim. We miss that. Nick has been fabulous but he just isnt MikeC and we miss him badly. That is not a diss of Nick. Its a testament to how well Mike has played and how much he brings to the table.

#13 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:53 PM

View Posttoomuchd, on 12 February 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

Orlando has a 3 game home winning streak with wins against OKC and Indiana. We don't do well against teams with losing streaks so this may be better for us.
LOL, havent thought of it like that. You are definitely correct when you say how poorly we play against teams with losing streaks. We have faced DEN who was on a 8 game losing streak and NOLA also on an 8 game losing streak and we cured their ailments both times as they won.

We faced CLE who had been playing terribly and had been embarrassing on their home floor. Well MEM cured them by giving them a game and the next game CLE beat SAC, so MEM help CLE work their problems out.

Maybe facing a team playing well and on a mini winning streak will be just what we need to make us focus and not think we are going to win just because we show up with Memphis on our jerseys.

#14 lil'tony wroten

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

they've been playing good but saying most likely a loss? I wish the team could hear that, im sure theyd have something to say about it, and kick there arse

#15 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:55 PM

View Posttoomuchd, on 12 February 2014 - 07:37 AM, said:

Huge opportunity here. Mavs play at Indiana on a back to back and Golden State plays the heat. We could be sitting 1 back at the all-star break.

that is why tonight really is huge as you say. Those guys want to get to their vacations Im sure. Just hope they play a full 48 mins tonight then they can rest and get treatment

#16 Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,855 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

Make it a W and use the time there to work on a deal.

#17 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:59 PM

View Postlil'tony wroten, on 12 February 2014 - 05:54 PM, said:

they've been playing good but saying most likely a loss? I wish the team could hear that, im sure theyd have something to say about it, and kick there arse
if that is what it takes to get them to focus and play smart and make shots, then Im glad to say it. Im just being honest (and also trying a little reverse psychology or practicing some magical thinking).

I want them to win as badly as anyone. Im am just troubled by how they have played the past couple games. I agree with Joerger who said last night after the game that the team is just flat out tired--mentally and physically. ORL is excited as they have beaten some better teams than us in their last couple home games. I truly hope I am wrong. Im banking on the hope that if I predict a loss, the Grizz will pull out a win because I am a terrible prognosticator. LOL

#18 toomuchd

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:08 PM

View Postsouthbluffsgrizzfan, on 12 February 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

if that is what it takes to get them to focus and play smart and make shots, then Im glad to say it. Im just being honest (and also trying a little reverse psychology or practicing some magical thinking). I want them to win as badly as anyone. Im am just troubled by how they have played the past couple games. I agree with Joerger who said last night after the game that the team is just flat out tired--mentally and physically. ORL is excited as they have beaten some better teams than us in their last couple home games. I truly hope I am wrong. Im banking on the hope that if I predict a loss, the Grizz will pull out a win because I am a terrible prognosticator. LOL

I think either way this game is going to go down to the wire...again. I like Z-Bo's match up tonight though. I think he will be excited to feast after having two tough match ups in a row.

#19 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:09 PM

Hey, lets pull this win out and hope for INDY to beat DAL tonight--they are about to tip off AND then lets pull for MIA to beat GSW at GSW later tonight. We can get to within a game of the 8th spot if that happens.

#20 GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,340 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:10 PM

Nick with the fresh buzz