265 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Tony Allen Mike Conley Ed Davis Jamaal Franklin James Johnson Kosta Koufos John Leuer Mike Miller Darius Morris Quincy Pondexter
Cavaliers Anthony Bennett Earl Clark Matthew Dellavedova Luol Deng Carrick Felix Alonzo Gee Sergey Karasev Henry Sims Dion Waiters Tyler Zeller

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 grizzyoface

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Interests:It's all in the family

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:29 PM

calathes is going to get burned by kyrie, but thats ok if no one else has a good game

#3 Lexus LX 570

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

Another game where the Grizzlies play down to the level of their competition.

#4 nwagrizzfan

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:59 PM

a must win

#5 TT_Grizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:13 PM

View PostLexus LX 570, on 08 February 2014 - 09:52 PM, said:

you're sounding cheerful

#6 GritsOnTheSide

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:48 PM

Cavs are freaking out, I think we'll pick up the W here. Maybe after the game we could strike up a deal to rent Deng on the cheap for the rest of the season.

#7 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:57 PM

Believe!!!!

#8 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:21 AM

View PostLexus LX 570, on 08 February 2014 - 09:52 PM, said:

I remember playing NOLA when they were on an 8 game losing streak---Grizz lost
I remember playing DEN when they were on an 8 game losing streak--Grizz lost.

MEM seems to be the cure for whatever team is having problems at the time. CLE has fired their GM a couple days ago. I have seen at least one article on the interweb that called the Cavaliers "an embarrassment"

http://hoopshype.com...n-embarrassment

All this just leads to a team coming together on a Sunday afternoon. They see a tough team from the West coming into town with sort of a "big name" since MEM went to the WCFinals last year and we are making a push for the playoffs in the wild wild West. What better game than this to turn their season around and get it together. Kyrie doesnt have to worry about Mike Conley.

Grizz had better be able to play. Any thoughts of an easy victory because CLE is "so bad" are ridiculous. 2nd night of a back to back and we barely had any energy to start the game last night. Im wondering how flat we will come out tonight. Grizz need to be focused just like they were going into POR or MIN. The Cavs will be wanting this win badly.

#9 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

View Postsouthbluffsgrizzfan, on 09 February 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

I remember playing NOLA when they were on an 8 game losing streak---Grizz lost I remember playing DEN when they were on an 8 game losing streak--Grizz lost. MEM seems to be the cure for whatever team is having problems at the time. CLE has fired their GM a couple days ago. I have seen at least one article on the interweb that called the Cavaliers "an embarrassment" http://hoopshype.com...n-embarrassment All this just leads to a team coming together on a Sunday afternoon. They see a tough team from the West coming into town with sort of a "big name" since MEM went to the WCFinals last year and we are making a push for the playoffs in the wild wild West. What better game than this to turn their season around and get it together. Kyrie doesnt have to worry about Mike Conley. Grizz had better be able to play. Any thoughts of an easy victory because CLE is "so bad" are ridiculous. 2nd night of a back to back and we barely had any energy to start the game last night. Im wondering how flat we will come out tonight. Grizz need to be focused just like they were going into POR or MIN. The Cavs will be wanting this win badly.

Luckily, the Cavs broke their losing streak on Friday, so this game will just be two teams trying to win their second game in a row.

#10 LadPro

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Interests:being tgmtel

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:57 AM

Go Grizz.

#11 TheProof

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

Bennett has a breakout game tonight...I'm calling it.

#12 LadPro

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Interests:being tgmtel

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:20 PM

View PostTheProof, on 09 February 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

Bennett has a breakout game tonight...I'm calling it.

Call me crazy, but I could really see Dellavedova going ham on us. He seems like the typical nobody who the Grizz make look like a star. Also, the guy makes shots when his team really needs him, especially at the end of the 24. I could see him going for like, 16+ on us. The guy has Grizz killer written all over him.

#13 Father Pat

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts
  • Interests:The Memphis Grizzlies.

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:29 PM

Deng is questionable with flu like symptoms.
Whenever a player tells the press how messed up their team is a couple of weeks before the trading deadline they always seem to catch the flu.

#14 guillermo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,710 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:33 PM

sounds like bennet and bellavadova gonna have breakout games tonight

#15 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,609 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

View Postgrizzyoface, on 08 February 2014 - 09:29 PM, said:

calathes is going to get burned by kyrie, but thats ok if no one else has a good game
I would think they will put C Lee on Kyrie but that;s just me.... we'll see.

#16 Lexus LX 570

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

View Postsouthbluffsgrizzfan, on 09 February 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

I remember playing NOLA when they were on an 8 game losing streak---Grizz lost
I remember playing DEN when they were on an 8 game losing streak--Grizz lost.

MEM seems to be the cure for whatever team is having problems at the time. CLE has fired their GM a couple days ago. I have seen at least one article on the interweb that called the Cavaliers "an embarrassment"

http://hoopshype.com...n-embarrassment

All this just leads to a team coming together on a Sunday afternoon. They see a tough team from the West coming into town with sort of a "big name" since MEM went to the WCFinals last year and we are making a push for the playoffs in the wild wild West. What better game than this to turn their season around and get it together. Kyrie doesnt have to worry about Mike Conley.

Grizz had better be able to play. Any thoughts of an easy victory because CLE is "so bad" are ridiculous. 2nd night of a back to back and we barely had any energy to start the game last night. Im wondering how flat we will come out tonight. Grizz need to be focused just like they were going into POR or MIN. The Cavs will be wanting this win badly.
We can never count any bad team an easy victory because the Grizzlies have a history of making bad teams look tougher than they really are.

The Grizzlies made the Bucks look like the toughest competition they've ever faced twice this season.
The Grizzlies got dominated for 3 quarters by a 7-59 Charlotte Bobcat team that was on a 20 something game losing streak and was mostly getting blown out by 20 or 30 points. Luckily the Grizzlies came back in the 4th and won.
Did you know that Cleveland in 2 of the last 3 seasons had a double digit lead on the Grizzlies homecourt? And one of those the Cavs were in the middle of a 20 something game losing streak as well. (Again luckily the Grizzlies won that game). The other one the Cavs they were without Kyrie Irving and was starting Jeremy Pargo and need a 9 point 4th quarter by the Cavs to comeback and win.

There are plenty more example, but that would take hours to list.

I guess you get my point. When it comes to bad teams, the Grizzlies usually make them look better than they really are.

#17 Lexus LX 570

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

Did the Grizzlies really help off of Kyrie Irving? Really?

#18 GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,918 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

So painful watching our starting SF

#19 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

its also painful to watch Calathes continually get the ball stolen as he dribbles up the court not paying attention to where everybody is. He lost it twice last night just like that.

#20 Lexus LX 570

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

Calathes is not a PG. He's a SG playing PG. His PG skills are on par with OJ Mayo's.