Jump to content


Grizzlies & Rockets - 1/25/2014


204 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

    Hall of Famer

  • Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Germantown, TN, USA

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:40 PM

Matchups
Date & Time: Saturday, January 25, 7:00 pm CT
Location: FedExForum, Memphis, TN
Television: SportSouth, NBA LP / LPBB / LPM
Radio/Audio: 92.9FM, 680AM, Affiliates, NBA ALP / GT
Promotions: No Promotions

Benches

Grizzlies Tony Allen Nick Calathes Ed Davis Jamaal Franklin James Johnson Kosta Koufos John Leuer Mike Miller Quincy Pondexter
Rockets Omer Asik Ronnie Brewer Aaron Brooks Isaiah Canaan Omri Casspi Robert Covington Francisco Garcia Jeremy Lin Donatas Motiejunas Greg Smith

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo



#2 notnilc20

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Southaven

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:45 PM

woooohooooo first post!!!

Hopefully Parsons blew his load tonight and comes out limp for tomorrow night. No pun(s) intended.

Go Grizzlies!!!!

#3 Grizzled Vet

    Champion

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,303 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

Originally, I thought I would be happy if Grizz split with Rockets...now with a Mavs loss and 8th place only 2 games away, I would hate to see a step back.

Parsons might have shot a load, but Harden will probably himself which means FT parade.

#4 GrizzTigerFan

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,330 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

View PostGrizzled Vet, on 24 January 2014 - 10:56 PM, said:

Originally, I thought I would be happy if Grizz split with Rockets...now with a Mavs loss and 8th place only 2 games away, I would hate to see a step back.

Parsons might have shot a load, but Harden will probably himself which means FT parade.
lee was great defending Harden tonight. he is a very smart defender that just plays straight up defense without being overly aggressive. I don't think he got enough credit for the job he did.

#5 smit-tay griz

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,443 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:12 AM

View PostGrizzTigerFan, on 24 January 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

lee was great defending Harden tonight. he is a very smart defender that just plays straight up defense without being overly aggressive. I don't think he got enough credit for the job he did.
Lee really did do a great job tonight on Harden. I hope he has it again for this one.

#6 TT_Grizz

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pounding The Paint

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:02 AM

title says "Grizzlies vs Rockets" but either the thread will turn into a cyber witch hunt for Harden because of FT's or we'll be in store for a romantic, sensual love fest between IIWII and Ed Davis.

#7 Once_a_hater

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,852 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brasil

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:49 AM

MUST WIN!!!!! Playoff type of game tonight, and I hope for a playoff type of atmosphere. We need that badly go after DL and the Suns.

#8 LadPro

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:being tgmtel

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:34 AM

Let's do it again tonight.

#9 Grinder 901

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cordova, TN.
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:36 AM

One more verse, same as the first. Houston, we have a problem.

#10 LuvThem Grizzlies

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:40 AM

Second verse same as the first.

#11 Grinder 901

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cordova, TN.
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostLuvThem Grizzlies, on 25 January 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

Second verse same as the first.

Yea that's it

#12 smit-tay griz

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,443 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:18 PM

She wouldn't have a Willy nor a Sam...

#13 LuvThem Grizzlies

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:37 PM

No Sam
I'm her eighth old man I'm Henerie
Henerie the eight I am I am

#14 Father Pat

    Champion

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,118 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:N.W. of Memphis
  • Interests:The Memphis Grizzlies.

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

Not expecting much from ZBo, Marc, or Prince tonight as all three logged over 30 minutes. The good thing is that of all Grizzlies playing over 17 minutes last night, those three were the only ones to shoot below .500 so it wasn't as if the game was won last night because of an offensive explosion from one of them.
Back to back wins against Houston is within reach.

#15 El Guapo

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:midtown memphis

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

View PostFather Pat, on 25 January 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

Not expecting much from ZBo, Marc, or Prince tonight as all three logged over 30 minutes. The good thing is that of all Grizzlies playing over 17 minutes last night, those three were the only ones to shoot below .500 so it wasn't as if the game was won last night because of an offensive explosion from one of them.
Back to back wins against Houston is within reach.

Maybe I'm imagining things, but there were times last night when Gasol, Prince, and Randolph just looked like tired old men out there- just worn out. Maybe some more minutes from the bench tonight could throw Houston off. Just totally confuse them and use the same lineups that had us averaging over 100 points per game before Gasol came back. We give them slow, plodding pace last night and just 180 them with our Conley-led uptempo style tonight.

#16 Wells

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,740 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

On a work assignment in Jackson, MS, this weekend, so not sure how much of the game I will have access to tonight. I'll get this out of the way now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Grinder 901

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cordova, TN.
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

If coach limits the minutes of Gasol, ZBo and Prince and plays more bench, I see it going over and I see way more free throws coming than last game. I think we shock them and win by more than just one tonight and break a 100

#18 El Guapo

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:midtown memphis

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

I like the back-to-back with the same team thing, sorta adds a mini backstory to the mix.

#19 Wells

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,740 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:25 PM

View PostGrinder 901, on 25 January 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

If coach limits the minutes of Gasol, ZBo and Prince and plays more bench, I see it going over and I see way more free throws coming than last game. I think we shock them and win by more than just one tonight and break a 100

I have to disagree with one point if Gasol, Zach and Prince spend more time on the bench. Yes, there will be more free throws, but by Houston. The bench has a harder time defending without fouling. We might break 100 points, but we would not win.

#20 Grinder 901

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cordova, TN.
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

View PostWells, on 25 January 2014 - 04:25 PM, said:



I have to disagree with one point if Gasol, Zach and Prince spend more time on the bench. Yes, there will be more free throws, but by Houston. The bench has a harder time defending without fouling. We might break 100 points, but we would not win.

I understand that argument and it makes sense. In my opinion Harden will be very aggressive tonight and will parade to the line. Unless we match it or suddenly take and hit a number of threes, it could very well be a loss. We saw how our starters looked on the last back to back and that was against the Mighty Bucks. Hmmm to bet or not to bet. That is the question. Decisions decisions