Gritngrind Team Warrior Spurs@grizz 1/7/2014

50 replies to this topic

#1 GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,340 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

I know we loss but they deserve recognition. Every game loss should be an indictment on whole team. Sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce our way. Too many guys don't get recognition they deserve simply because the game ended in a L.

TH: Magic Money Mike!!

HM: Courtney Lee, James Johnson and Ed Davis.

these guys showed ALL HEART GRIT GRIND

#2 tmoneyinmphs

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

Nobody is the team hero if the grizz girls don't do their celebration dance after the game.

Honorable mention: Mike conley. He is holding down the point guard position by himself practically all year long. Give him some help PLEASE !!!

#3 yelloyello

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:25 PM

It's hard to choose, but if I had to, it would be Mike Conley.

#4 grizlsg

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:25 PM

No moral victories at this point for this franchise, moral victories are for lottery teams, not Western Conference runner-ups.

TH: Conley hands down.

#5 smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

Heckuva game from Mike. Too bad it was wasted in a loss. Maybe the rest of the team will follow his example and start playing with more heart.

Nice job from JJ, ED, and CL too.

#6 Grinder 901

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

I agree with what everyone is saying. I wanted to give the game ball to Conley so bad. Sorry bud. Next time.

JJ and Lee played like studs down the stretch

#7 BigHunkALove

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts
  • Interests:Rockabilly, Delta Blues, Gretsch guitars,Grizzlies, Grizz followers thoughts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:12 PM

I agree with all these sentiments.

F....I really wanted the Grizz Boys to pull it off and win against SAS, AND MC11 to get the TH.

#8 redeye

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Baseball Basketball Football BBQ Work

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:49 PM

Marc comes back 100%,The Grizz gel,and I see a 6th spot but a strong playoff run to the finals.JMO

#9 BHZMAFIA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,131 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:57 PM

I'm not down for moral victories.

Going from the WCF (and one of the best in the West) to moral victories is not my taste. lol

#10 Kuma

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:43 AM

Moral victories are for perennial losers. We lost plain and simple and the team needs to rebound from this.

#11 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:00 AM

Victories only. Hatfield got the idea for these threads from a Yankees fan board. There's no heroes when you lose. To borrow from Dale Earnhardt Sr., "Second place just meant you were the first loser."

#12 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,773 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:59 PM

View PostGrizzTigerFan, on 07 January 2014 - 10:10 PM, said:

I know we loss but they deserve recognition TH: Magic Money Mike!! HM: Courtney Lee, James Johnson and Ed Davis. these guys showed ALL HEART GRIT GRIND
Seriously?

We are supposed to honor losses now. Man have things fallen in a few short months in Memphis. Next people will suggest celebrating taking a large number of 3 point shots and scoring over 100 points even though the team lost because of the pourous defense we play.

#13 Neo-Realist

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

View Postchipc3, on 08 January 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

Seriously? We are supposed to honor losses now. Man have things fallen in a few short months in Memphis. Next people will suggest celebrating taking a large number of 3 point shots and scoring over 100 points even though the team lost because of the pourous defense we play.

So...you don't think the team is improving? Ok then.

#14 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,773 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:23 PM

View PostNeo-Realist, on 08 January 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

So...you don't think the team is improving? Ok then.
I didn't say that and you know I have said the opposite a lot recently.

However that isn't the same thing as calling for Team Heroes in losses now is it?

The Spurs shot over 50% fpr the game and hit two layups to take the lead near the end of regulation and in OT to win the game. That is bad defense.

#15 Flex-I-Bility

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:02 PM

the defense has been better. 11th since the knicks game i believe. the offense is sitting at 15th, which is a miracle since we've had 10 different starting lineups this season already.

we didn't win last night, but that was an encouraging loss. effort was great. guys wanted to win.

#16 Father Pat

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts
  • Interests:The Memphis Grizzlies.

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

View Postchipc3, on 08 January 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

Seriously? We are supposed to honor losses now. Man have things fallen in a few short months in Memphis. Next people will suggest celebrating taking a large number of 3 point shots and scoring over 100 points even though the team lost because of the pourous defense we play.
Heck, they're still talking about those 300 Spartans that got their butts kicked a few thousand years ago. What about that guy from Tennessee that went belly up at the Alamo?
It isn't about the loss. Although it may be hard for you to understand, it isn't always about the outcome of the contest, but more about the effort.
Last nights game was very worthy of any accolades the fans of the Memphis Grizzlies want to give them.

#17 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,773 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

View PostFather Pat, on 08 January 2014 - 03:12 PM, said:

Heck, they're still talking about those 300 Spartans that got their butts kicked a few thousand years ago. What about that guy from Tennessee that went belly up at the Alamo? It isn't about the loss. Although it may be hard for you to understand, it isn't always about the outcome of the contest, but more about the effort. Last nights game was very worthy of any accolades the fans of the Memphis Grizzlies want to give them.
I understand the effort. I was at the game and even when the Spurs were pulling away early in the 4th the team never stopped.

I guess I just got used to that type of effort from the Grizzlies over the last four+ years. Like I said earlier in the thread we sure have fallen far from last May when effort was never something to honor and glorify. It was simply the way the team used to play. Now I suppose with the changes we need to start appreciating when the team gives effort since it hasn't been a nightly event like it used to be.

#18 GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,340 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

View PostFather Pat, on 08 January 2014 - 03:12 PM, said:

Heck, they're still talking about those 300 Spartans that got their butts kicked a few thousand years ago. What about that guy from Tennessee that went belly up at the Alamo? It isn't about the loss. Although it may be hard for you to understand, it isn't always about the outcome of the contest, but more about the effort. Last nights game was very worthy of any accolades the fans of the Memphis Grizzlies want to give them.

Right! Grizz showed the evolution and return of GritNGrind in the 4th quarter and basically did it with Conley and a band of misfits. It was extremely encouraging.

Me personally i will goto war with Mike, Courtney, Johnson, Zbo, Gasol, Davis, Leuer, Kosta, and Tony against any team in the West.

#19 Father Pat

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts
  • Interests:The Memphis Grizzlies.

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

View Postchipc3, on 08 January 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

I understand the effort. I was at the game and even when the Spurs were pulling away early in the 4th the team never stopped. I guess I just got used to that type of effort from the Grizzlies over the last four+ years. Like I said earlier in the thread we sure have fallen far from last May when effort was never something to honor and glorify. It was simply the way the team used to played. Now I suppose with the changes we need to start appreciating when the team gives effort.
I know you are big on the chemistry thing so I'll point out a fact that I brought up in the game thread which may help you appreciate the game a little more.
Of the ten Grizzlies that played in last nights game, only two of them were Grizzlies a year ago.

#20 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,773 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:22 PM

That certainly explains the record.

When are you and GTF going to come to a game in person?